Tottenham Thread

chonabot

23 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Well that's not true as we made the QF's on our first shot at the CL.

But moving on we are one of the two best teams in the Premiership going forward. :smile:

Tasty that very tasty but in rafas first season he got us to the final and you know what I think we won. Not sure mind, the game was not all that good.

The year after we got to the fa cup final and I think we won that too. 

13 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Tasty that very tasty but in rafas first season he got us to the final and you know what I think we won. Not sure mind, the game was not all that good.

The year after we got to the fa cup final and I think we won that too. 

Rafa didn't get you to the final...Gerrard did supported by his fellow midfield general.

Was a good side that but Gerrard was just outstanding in those days.

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Rafa didn't get you to the final...Gerrard did supported by his fellow midfield general.

Was a good side that but Gerrard was just outstanding in those days.

Side was awful just a couple of key men and a lot of heart. 

gerrard was the last of a breed, all action attacking midfeilder, arguably one of the if not the best of his kind. shame he'll always be remembered for that 'slip', had many heated debates about him dropping bac, i argued that it was never his game, scouc boys thought otherwise.

2 points

1/ footballers get paid??? thousands of £ but 'deserve' it like he says  ,, nah doctors nurses  'deserve' their money but footballers?? Nah as i said  paid but not deserved

2/ i hope he's wrong about us struggling at wembley,, but i fear and history suggests  he could well be right one things for sure  , next season  aint gonna be easy and if we struggle it'll be a shame dor all  cos atm this team is just wonderful to watch.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39952203

Edited by 3 minus 2

5 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

gerrard was the last of a breed, all action attacking midfeilder, arguably one of the if not the best of his kind. shame he'll always be remembered for that 'slip', had many heated debates about him dropping bac, i argued that it was never his game, scouc boys thought otherwise.

I would be gobsmacked if football fans remembered Gerrard more for one slip, be it one of some magnitude, rather than one of the finest midfielders of his generation.

I'm pretty sure he dropped back in the latter part of his career as he started to lose some pace, the manager trying to get the most of what was left.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

That the way It read.

So just how many homegrown players In your first 11?

Would you prefer me to write it in Spanish?

And the question that you should be asking would refer to homegrown players in the squad and for example, how many homegrown players have been  moved on and been sold.  Livermore, Mason, Carrol, Townsend, Calker,  ect ect ect......

But you probably won't because our numbers would look rather impressive and City's numbers rather pathetic.

Both Walker and Trippier miss the game tonight.  Caps off a bloody awful season for injuries....

Chelsea, no injuries of note and no european football.  No excuses but it certainly didn't hamper them!!

20 minutes ago, carmine said:

I would be gobsmacked if football fans remembered Gerrard more for one slip, be it one of some magnitude, rather than one of the finest midfielders of his generation.

I'm pretty sure he dropped back in the latter part of his career as he started to lose some pace, the manager trying to get the most of what was left.  

and you'd be correct. friend 3 minus 2 would not.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

I Know why he 'dropped' bac carms, but just cos he was a great attacking midfielder dont automaticly make him a great holding midfeilder and he wasnt he was between  piss poor and average at the holding role. Remember those england performances totally found lacking.

Edited by 3 minus 2

Anyway bac to spurs talk, despite our amazing positive goal diference theres much talk of needing more striker power rodriges or long at southampton wouldnt be bad bac ups, but what about this guy, barnes at burnley, everytime i see him i'm more and more impressed

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/3128119/burnleys-ashley-barnes-watched-by-newcastle-crystal-palace-sources

20 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

I Know why he 'dropped' bac carms, but just cos he was a great attacking midfielder dont automaticly make him a great holding midfeilder and he wasnt he was between  piss poor and average at the holding role. Remember those england performances, truly horrible.

he had an excellent couple of seasons for liverpool in the deep 'quarterback' position with a couple of youngers lads ahead of him in midfield to do the legwork for him. your memory is rubbish. and judging him or indeed any other player on what they do with england is farcical. 

• Like 1

Just now, StevieH said:

he had an excellent couple of seasons for liverpool in the deep 'quarterback' position with a couple of youngers lads ahead of him in midfield to do the legwork for him. your memory is rubbish. and judging him or indeed any other player on what they do with england is farcical. 

Rose tinted glass or wot, but hey weve come to expect nothing less from liverpool fans  when he was asked to do the role by himself for an england captain he was embaressingly borderline crap.  truly one of the greats in the attacking role woeful at the defending role it just wasnt his game.

2 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Rose tinted glass or wot, but hey weve come to expect nothing less from liverpool fans  when he was asked to do the role by himself for an england captain he was embaressingly borderline crap.  truly one of the greats in the attacking role woeful at the defending role it just wasnt his game.

yeah, you're still wrong. and nothing rose-tinted about it here. he was excellent for a couple of seasons in the deep midfield role. i watched him. you didn't. you're judging on england performances which given how universally <deleted> england are is no basis for judgement at all.

• Like 2

Would you prefer me to write it in Spanish?

And the question that you should be asking would refer to homegrown players in the squad and for example, how many homegrown players have been  moved on and been sold.  Livermore, Mason, Carrol, Townsend, Calker,  ect ect ect......

But you probably won't because our numbers would look rather impressive and City's numbers rather pathetic.

You want to stick with English mate even though it's not your strong suit.

See you didn't answer MY QUESTION which i'll post again for you to answer: "So just how many homegrown players In your first 11?"

I didn't raise anything about City or any other club, just Spurs, so stick to the point and don't deflect. I'm asking you the question as i want to know just how impressed i should be with your policy which you state we should be impressed with.

So...

31 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

See you didn't answer MY QUESTION which i'll post again for you to answer: "So just how many homegrown players In your first 11?"

I didn't raise anything about City or any other club, just Spurs, so stick to the point and don't deflect. I'm asking you the question as i want to know just how impressed i should be with your policy which you state we should be impressed with.

So...

3 mate, Walker, Kane, Rose with Wink's and Onomah  making appearances.

But it's not just the homegrown player's that are hungry, when you buy players cheaply, Ali, Dier, Alderwiereld, Wanyama, they also seem to have that hunger, desire, and are striving to move up a level with us and have more point's to prove.

Where as when you buy expensive player's such as yourselves, there is no next level for them, they are never going to get another large transfer fee, their salaries are the highest they are ever going to get, why should they really run their bollax off ?  

The crux of it is that your guy's are there for the money our guys aren't !

Edited by alfieconn

35 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So...

Alfie seems to have beaten me to it!  You have you answer although you can add Carter-Vickers to the list

Now perhaps, since you are so interested in this topic you might return the compliment and speak of the matter on behalf of City?  Shouldn't take long.....

2 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

I Know why he 'dropped' bac carms, but just cos he was a great attacking midfielder dont automaticly make him a great holding midfeilder and he wasnt he was between  piss poor and average at the holding role. Remember those england performances totally found lacking.

13 Goals 10 assists and 86% passing accuracy in 31 Games played.

Short listed for PFA player of the year.

Absolutely piss poor.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

13 Goals 10 assists and 86% passing accuracy in 31 Games played.

Short listed for PFA player of the year.

Absolutely piss poor.

sorry spurs fans, we'll eff off in a minute.

"Why Steven Gerrard has been the EPL's top player in 2013-14"

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2014/04/21/4766020/why-steven-gerrard-has-been-the-epls-top-player-in-2013-14

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

3 mate, Walker, Kane, Rose with Wink's and Onomah  making appearances.

But it's not just the homegrown player's that are hungry, when you buy players cheaply, Ali, Dier, Alderwiereld, Wanyama, they also seem to have that hunger, desire, and are striving to move up a level with us and have more point's to prove.

Where as when you buy expensive player's such as yourselves, there is no next level for them, they are never going to get another large transfer fee, their salaries are the highest they are ever going to get, why should they really run their bollax off ?  

The crux of it is that your guy's are there for the money our guys aren't !

Walker was bought from Sheff Utd and Rose from Leeds. They are both Yorkshire puddings.

• Like 1

Alfie seems to have beaten me to it!  You have you answer although you can add Carter-Vickers to the list

Now perhaps, since you are so interested in this topic you might return the compliment and speak of the matter on behalf of City?  Shouldn't take long.....

As Alfredo is on ignore, guess i'll never know; shame that. I would add that Carter-Vickers is  NOT one of your first 11 which i enquired about.

We both know the answer to your question on City; currently we buy players, we can afford it and it works for us as the trophies testify. But you knew that.

14 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

As Alfredo is on ignore, guess i'll never know; shame that. I would add that Carter-Vickers is  NOT one of your first 11 which i enquired about.

We both know the answer to your question on City; currently we buy players, we can afford it and it works for us as the trophies testify. But you knew that.

He's not on ignore, you answer him all the time.  

I'm glad you appear so triumphant that Carter-Vickers isn't one of our starting eleven.  No shit Sherlock!!  But, i have to confess that, as with Petermik, if your posts stretch further than a couple of lines i don't really read them, just take a passing glance kinda thing.

PFA's Player of the Year shortlist that year: Eden Hazard, Steven Gerrard, Yaya Toure, Daniel Sturridge, Luis Suarez, Adam Lallana. Winner - Suarez.
Worth a read for a recap: https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/may/12/premier-league-2013-14-writers-best-and-worst

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

PFA's Player of the Year shortlist that year: Eden Hazard, Steven Gerrard, Yaya Toure, Daniel Sturridge, Luis Suarez, Adam Lallana. Winner - Suarez.
Worth a read for a recap: https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/may/12/premier-league-2013-14-writers-best-and-worst

MrB, can you please remove this and relocate to an appropriate thread.

He's not on ignore, you answer him all the time.  

I'm glad you appear so triumphant that Carter-Vickers isn't one of our starting eleven.  No shit Sherlock!!  But, i have to confess that, as with Petermik, if your posts stretch further than a couple of lines i don't really read them, just take a passing glance kinda thing.

Saying i'm on ignore is triggs little get out when he doesn't want to respond !

• Like 1