Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Wembley sold out already for the Madrid game.

Well Dele Alli will still be suspended for the tie, but, baring in mind current form i don't think we'll miss him as much as we might have a couple of months ago.  Saying that, i'm sure he would have loved the chance to showcase himself to Zidane.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Wembley sold out already for the Madrid game.

Well Dele Alli will still be suspended for the tie, but, baring in mind current form i don't think we'll miss him as much as we might have a couple of months ago.  Saying that, i'm sure he would have loved the chance to showcase himself to Zidane.

Alli only misses the first game in Madrid.

Oh and yes tickets were gone before even members could buy for their friends never mind being on general sale.

I snapped mine up.....then scored one in the exec area a couple of days later. :post-4641-1156694083:

Dele Ali is suspended for one more CL match which is the away tie against Madrid.

He'll be available to play for the home tie at wembley on the 1st Nov.

As for showcasing himself ? Well that depends which Dele turns up cos so far this season

he's been too inconsistent during games to the point where Son may deserve a start ahead of him.

4 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I'd rather all our players were overlooked to be honest.

4 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I'd rather all our players were overlooked to be honest.

Southgates reasonably crap but atleast our players won't get "Hodged"........took Poch months to get their confidence back after Englands latest tournament debacle.

2 hours ago, alfieconn said:

At this rate, according to Pep Guardiola’s logic, our country will need to be renamed Harry Kane country :biggrin:

Give him a break.  After last seasons debacle and the enormous money spent he's under pressure for the very first time in management.:smile:

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Very true, looks like you've taught him well and how to take free kick's :biggrin:

It's called the Pep effect. And before you say it, Pep would NEVER let him take a free kick for City. Shows how desperate England are and probably the only player who could slightly hold his head up high last night was Hart. The rest (Kane included) were garbage

Just now, mrbojangles said:

It's called the Pep effect. And before you say it, Pep would NEVER let him take a free kick for City. Shows how desperate England are and probably the only player who could slightly hold his head up high last night was Hart. The rest (Kane included) were garbage

You thought i was being serious :biggrin:

24 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Of course I did. If you've seen him play this last 5 or so matches, you would have been serious. If you were taking the rip then you obviously haven't seen him play lately

I see him play the Chelsea game and part of the Palace game and didn't see anything that made him stand out in either game, admittedly he played a slightly different position against Chelsea !

4 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

I see him play the Chelsea game and part of the Palace game and didn't see anything that made him stand out in either game, admittedly he played a slightly different position against Chelsea !

I think your judgement may be clouded about him. He wasn't stand out in his first couple of games for us but I suppose that is to be expected when fitting into a new team. Since then he has improved every match

31 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I think your judgement may be clouded about him. He wasn't stand out in his first couple of games for us but I suppose that is to be expected when fitting into a new team. Since then he has improved every match

To be fair, after me posting about the 2 games i thought that perhaps it's me who see's a different game so i decided to have a look at his stats for both game's after you implying he is a different player .

V. Palace    taking into account this was a game where you had 72% possession, his stats were as follows ;  tackles  0, interceptions  1, passes 68, shots on target 0,  key passes 0, dribbles 0, accurate crosses 0, 

V Chelsea  where he spent 90% of the time in your own half,  his stats were as follow's ;  tackles 0, interceptions 1, passes 84,  shots on target 0, key passes 1, dribbles 0, accurate crosses 0.

So basically confirms what i thought, it seems your getting more like BB every week, i use to think you give that you give an honest appraisal  but your just as bias and delusional as him, and as much as i like arguing i'm not going to even bother with the waffle you will come out with  on this one and let the neutral make their own mind up. 

Just for your info, apart from the cross for the goal he was pretty shit last night so sort of confirms what i thought.

Edited by alfieconn

18 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

One to watch out for is great space he leaves behind himself at the far post on set piece.  He's never been cured of this.  As an attacking option he is a decent weapon but its the final ball that often disappoints.

Overall he was a good player for us but the 50m price tag, though not his fault doesn't sit well with a player of his ability.  I haven't seen any tangible improvement in him, just a decent player doing his bit in a very good side, and for the clean sheets he must take part of the credit.

3 hours ago, carmine said:

One to watch out for is great space he leaves behind himself at the far post on set piece.  He's never been cured of this.  As an attacking option he is a decent weapon but its the final ball that often disappoints.

Overall he was a good player for us but the 50m price tag, though not his fault doesn't sit well with a player of his ability.  I haven't seen any tangible improvement in him, just a decent player doing his bit in a very good side, and for the clean sheets he must take part of the credit.

I think the fact none of us were sad to lose him speaks volumes.

OK but easily replaceable....and hugely overvalued happily.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I think the fact none of us were sad to lose him speaks volumes.

OK but easily replaceable....and hugely overvalued happily.

Interesting though that Poch felt the need to buy rather than rest with Trippier and Walker-Peters.  I think he realized we missed the option of Walkers pace, something that we've missed for so long on the left with Rose's long term injury.

19 minutes ago, carmine said:

Interesting though that Poch felt the need to buy rather than rest with Trippier and Walker-Peters.  I think he realized we missed the option of Walkers pace, something that we've missed for so long on the left with Rose's long term injury.

Walker-Peters still needs to improve is likely the reason and yes more of an attacking threat is needed now we are playing three at the back.