Tottenham Thread

chonabot

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"it would almost be a mercy for all of us if someone finally did ask to leave!"

Short memory or what. Kyle Walker. Doh!

Yes he left for the big bucks and good luck to him on his last big pay day.

Honestly no way he'd make near as much at Spurs so off you go.

If Kane wants the same he can leave to Madrid for £300m in the summer or run down his contract.

The way of the modern game.

21 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

If Kane wants the same he can leave to Madrid for £300m in the summer or run down his contract.

different tune yesterday on the arsenal thread .appears you forgot to wind up your drivers window  bimbo

33 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

The suggestion that we would leave out our best defender on the basis he hasn't agreed a new contract is bizarre.

But these clowns can make anything up of course. :post-4641-1156694572:

yes the worse case senario would be him playing and having a blinder resulting in his value increasing.  or have i missed something?

36 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I see as usual BB you are intent on making a fool of yourself.  All we did with Walker was bleed you for a world record fee.  With us he was 2nd choice to Trippier as well you should know and it had bugger all about him forcing his way out of the club.

If the ignore system means i'm to remain exposed to your posts when someone replies to you, you really need to start doing better in every facet of your posting but at the very least, get the basic facts right. "Doh!!!"

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Trippier is a more all round effective player imho.  And in Poch's too so thats good enough fo me.

Walker is a very poor crosser and defensively his positioning is suspect although City's midfield does paper over some of the cracks.

Carmine "I see as usual BB you are intent on making a fool of yourself.  All we did with Walker was bleed you for a world record fee.  With us he was 2nd choice to Trippier as well you should know and it had bugger all about him forcing his way out of the club."

Have you seen City or City fans complaining at this apparent "bleeding" us. No because Walker is doing really well in our system.

Trippier better? Even though I'm slightly biased here with Trippier being a City kid, no I don't think so.

I will agree with you though that "Walker is a very poor crosser and defensively his positioning is suspect" although City's style papers over some of the cracks.

47 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Carmine "I see as usual BB you are intent on making a fool of yourself.  All we did with Walker was bleed you for a world record fee.  With us he was 2nd choice to Trippier as well you should know and it had bugger all about him forcing his way out of the club."

Have you seen City or City fans complaining at this apparent "bleeding" us. No because Walker is doing really well in our system.

Trippier better? Even though I'm slightly biased here with Trippier being a City kid, no I don't think so.

I will agree with you though that "Walker is a very poor crosser and defensively his positioning is suspect" although City's style papers over some of the cracks.

Walker will be found out in the latter stages of the CL by very good sides.

Zab was a top fullback for us in his pomp. I think you mean after that period. Clichy Kolorov Sagna in the last 2 years were poor.

Ronnie, Walker WILL be found out from time to time as he replies on his speed too much (reminds me of Micah) same as Trippier and all will be found out from time to time.

13 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Walker will be found out in the latter stages of the CL by very good sides.

He's such a tool........oh and you're right, Walker will be found out in the CL but probably not by Basle!!

is it conceivable that BB is getting more dull and delusional?  Has he grasped yet that City fans don't mind getting bleed for money because its not actually their money thats been spent?  I really thought he'd have cottoned on to that by now but obviously he feels that we all thought they took it personally!!  You just make this rubbish up.

And really mate, it gives me no solace whatsoever that you might agree with me on anything, rather rethink what i have recently said.  Whether you think Walkers a better player is the irrelevant part, the relevant being that one, he was our second choice, Trippier being the first choice, and two, in utter desperation your sugar daddy owners spunked 50m on our second choice.  Hope that puts it into perspective.  And to finish, the money your club has recently spent on their defensive is both obscene and ludicrous.  

Edited by carmine

Nice to hear Poch clearing up the Alderweirald Sky created nonsense.  As was quite obvious he's still not fit enough to play at the intensity required at the top level, especially considering the fitness levels Poch demands.

One of the reasons we tend to come on much stronger second half of the season partially due to that fitness level.  We have every reason to feel confident about a top four finish despite claims from pundits but remember they rarely seem to do their homework as Mr Lawrenson reminds us all on a regular basis.

34 minutes ago, carmine said:

Nice to hear Poch clearing up the Alderweirald Sky created nonsense.  As was quite obvious he's still not fit enough to play at the intensity required at the top level, especially considering the fitness levels Poch demands.

One of the reasons we tend to come on much stronger second half of the season partially due to that fitness level.  We have every reason to feel confident about a top four finish despite claims from pundits but remember they rarely seem to do their homework as Mr Lawrenson reminds us all on a regular basis.

I suspect this is why we haven't seen Moura play yet either.

43 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I suspect this is why we haven't seen Moura play yet either.

Of that i have little doubt.  

Kane has in the last day or so being talking about our higher fitness levels being the difference between us and most others second half of the season.  So it stands to reason most new guys coming in will probably need to up their fitness level and in turn those returning from injury will take longer to be fully match fit.

6 minutes ago, jellydog said:

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Toby long term. He's earning pennies at the moment given his value. You have to think he's angling for a big wage packet.

And why not?

He deserves a large wage increase.

3 minutes ago, jellydog said:

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Toby long term. He's earning pennies at the moment given his value. You have to think he's angling for a big wage packet.

Of course he is.  And he'll get it hugely increased now we have our new stadiums revenues.

Problem is, there are clubs out there, some in our own league, others in Spain and France that will just go and offer absurd, obscene wages, and within the whole policy of doing that and spending what they do naturally buy silverware too.  Its going to be tough for all of us to keep players with certain owners behaving and spending the way they are.

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I thought you'd put that record back in it's sleeve for a while?

Well if you could get him to stop making such stupid posts, grow up and or preferably stop posting the usual tripe on our thread i doubt i would find it necessary mate.  No doubt thinks he's clever but in reality tedious and dull, when all we want to do is have a sensible football conversation.  I'll leave that one in your capable hands!

8 minutes ago, jellydog said:

My take on this is he'll most likely leave if a huge bid comes in this

summer and Toby doesn't sign a new contract by then.

There's a very good reason why Poch brought in 2 new & VERY

young centre backs last August in Sanchez & Foyth then sent 

Carter Vickers out on loan, why, because those 3 are the future 

CB's for Spurs.

With Vertonghen already committed to Spurs and turning 31yrs

this April, he is the one who will help blood the 3 younger ones.

Alderweireld, will be turning 29yrs in 3 weeks time, and still 

contracted to Spurs until 2020, although his contract has a release clause for £25M if it goes in to the final year, so he could still play

next season and then leave for that amount, which is also plausible

for, by then, a 30 yr old.

I'm thinking by the start of 2020 season our 3 youngsters will be 

1st choice ahead of the 2 Belgium's anyway, considering one in

Sanchez is already doing so this season.

I'm trusting Poch & Levy on this one.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, carmine said:

Well if you could get him to stop making such stupid posts, grow up and or preferably stop posting the usual tripe on our thread i doubt i would find it necessary mate.  No doubt thinks he's clever but in reality tedious and dull, when all we want to do is have a sensible football conversation.  I'll leave that one in your capable hands!

Not sure who “he” in Carmine’s post is, but if it refers to my recent posts then what’s with his upset?

Somebody posted "it would almost be a mercy for all of us if someone finally did ask to leave!" to which I reminded of Kyle Walker, who very definitely asked to leave and left!

If he’s referring to my post on Toby, well that was a news story in both the Telegraph (where I got it from) and the Guardian, so I’d be amazed therefore if there was not some truth in there.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

9 minutes ago, sotsira said:

My take on this is he'll most likely leave if a huge bid comes in this

summer and Toby doesn't sign a new contract by then.

There's a very good reason why Poch brought in 2 new & VERY

young centre backs last August in Sanchez & Foyth then sent 

Carter Vickers out on loan, why, because those 3 are the future 

CB's for Spurs.

With Vertonghen already committed to Spurs and turning 31yrs

this April, he is the one who will help blood the 3 younger ones.

Alderweireld, will be turning 29yrs in 3 weeks time, and still 

contracted to Spurs until 2020, although his contract has a release clause for £25M if it goes in to the final year, so he could still play

next season and then leave for that amount, which is also plausible

for, by then, a 30 yr old.

I'm thinking by the start of 2020 season our 3 youngsters will be 

1st choice ahead of the 2 Belgium's anyway, considering one in

Sanchez is already doing so this season.

I'm trusting Poch & Levy on this one.

I didn't realize Toby was 29. Makes even more sense he'll be looking for a big pay day, and odds are he might be moving on. I'd like to see Spurs keep him but not a disaster if he leaves.

• Like 1

Oh well, suppose its just a shame that the ignore feature is so crap.

Mind you, it still doesn't suggest that an uncouth vulgarian should be allowed to post insulting jibes about our jewish chairman does it. 

Love the double standards being displayed here.

Edited by carmine

26 minutes ago, carmine said:

Oh well, suppose its just a shame that the ignore feature is so crap.

Mind you, it still doesn't suggest that an uncouth vulgarian should be allowed to post insulting jibes about our jewish chairman does it. 

Love the double standards being displayed here.

put your sh.t stirring trolling stick away .the mods have very politely advised me to drop that nick.and have accordingly done so  and very  happy to call him loser levy me thinks u need  to take a good look at yourself troll