Govt and Redshirts deny links to Bangkok double bombings

webfact

Whoever did it was either an amateur, or intended the bombs to be weak and create havoc rather than mass murder. It doesn't mean it wasn't a supporter of any shirt color, but it doesn't mean it was. those two bombs were wimpy and either the maker intended only to send a message without much damage, or there was little knowledge behind the making of the bombs.

There are three good ways to make small and powerful bombs and obviously I'm not going to list them. Someone had the ability to detonate the bombs electrically using a watch, so they knew something, but that info is easy to find.

So the questions remain.

the expert speaks about bomb building like he knows something about it, but then again one can never be sure - right ?

When you build bombs, you better be sure, very sure, always, otherwise BOOOM! LOL

I'm appalled listening to various articles suggesting that the government planted the bombs.

They have no need of doing that.

They are in power, they can prolong martial law as long as they feel fit.

This is the doings of the red activists trying to unstabilize the government.

But we know about them and the scum they are.

They have be littering Thailand for many years now.

But how did these bombs succeed in unstabilising the government from a redshirt point of view..?

I'm not saying I'm buying into conspiracy theories that it was the junta behind this, but at least with that you can see some logical pattern- a small explosive placed in a major venue specifically designed not to harm anyone but attract maximum media exposure leading to a hoped increase support of government crackdowns on redshirts for safety...

But from the redshirt view..? What would they gain from these explosions except to increase the heat on themselves..? Like I'm saying, I'm not discounting it- but it seems like a strange step to take.

You forget the machiavellian theory: the red shirts COULD HAVE (I don't say they did!) exploded two small bombs and HAVE (because that's what thy're doing!) their propagandists BLAME the Government for it in a well spread complot theory, trying to weaken the Government and to have it imposing sharper security measures, just at the time Thailand is (a bit) in the news after the undiplomatic US intervention and the Thai reactions, and draw more attention of the intl' media on how bad this Government is for 'democracy', 'freedom of expression', blah-blah (Re. R. Amsterdam)...

Do you see now how the redshirts COULD benefit from exploding those bombs? Hmm?

• Like 1

Whoever did it was either an amateur, or intended the bombs to be weak and create havoc rather than mass murder. It doesn't mean it wasn't a supporter of any shirt color, but it doesn't mean it was. those two bombs were wimpy and either the maker intended only to send a message without much damage, or there was little knowledge behind the making of the bombs.

There are three good ways to make small and powerful bombs and obviously I'm not going to list them. Someone had the ability to detonate the bombs electrically using a watch, so they knew something, but that info is easy to find.

So the questions remain.

the expert speaks about bomb building like he knows something about it, but then again one can never be sure - right ?

When you build bombs, you better be sure, very sure, always, otherwise BOOOM! LOL

A bit like that Iranian bomber who blew his own legs off while trying to hail a taxi in Bangkok a couple years ago!cheesy.gif

I'm appalled listening to various articles suggesting that the government planted the bombs.

But how did these bombs succeed in unstabilising the government from a redshirt point of view..?

I'm not saying I'm buying into conspiracy theories that it was the junta behind this, but at least with that you can see some logical pattern- a small explosive placed in a major venue specifically designed not to harm anyone but attract maximum media exposure leading to a hoped increase support of government crackdowns on redshirts for safety...

But from the redshirt view..? What would they gain from these explosions except to increase the heat on themselves..? Like I'm saying, I'm not discounting it- but it seems like a strange step to take.

You forget the machiavellian theory: the red shirts COULD HAVE (I don't say they did!) exploded two small bombs and HAVE (because that's what thy're doing!) their propagandists BLAME the Government for it in a well spread complot theory, trying to weaken the Government and to have it imposing sharper security measures, just at the time Thailand is (a bit) in the news after the undiplomatic US intervention and the Thai reactions, and draw more attention of the intl' media on how bad this Government is for 'democracy', 'freedom of expression', blah-blah (Re. R. Amsterdam)...

Do you see now how the redshirts COULD benefit from exploding those bombs? Hmm?

and why would the redshirts decide to do that when it would bring a sh*tstorm down on them. Mass arrests of reds totally curtailing any chance of possibly taking part in future elections. When all they have to do is wait for those elections to regain power whistling.gif

I bet quite a few red leaders are making sure they have alibis for Sunday night! Not that anyone will be caught, because then the truth would come out?

So the questions remain.

A bit like that Iranian bomber who blew his own legs off while trying to hail a taxi in Bangkok a couple years ago!cheesy.gif

it already happened in Bangkok last year when a convoy of red terrorists were transporting a bomb or possibly two into the city enclosed in the frame of a motorbike which blew up on route, it was the fastest Honda wave climb rate ever recorded and the reds first experimental manned ballistic missile

• Like 1

When will someone suggest ex-PM Chavalit's favourite explanations of ' unseen hands ' or ' dark forces ' ?

Haha thanks for that memory jog. I just realized since the Junta took over, that term

is no longer spoken. I wonder why. Regarding the bombs, I do not see any way

in which it they would be beneficial to the reds. On the other hand, it virtually

guarantees a long period of martial law. So form your own conclusions.... This will

in essence be proven by my idea that the bombers will never be found.

• Like 2

No offense, but you're a pretty naive guy.

History is full of nations creating false flags to further their agenda. Thais are not exempt to such acts. Of course, I am not suggesting this is the case, and we'll never know the truth, but anything is possible. However, the timing is perfect, as the General can prove the need for continued martial law while outsiders claim they should end it. It is also no secret that dictators (and most leaders in general) are sociopaths, so..... take that for what it's worth.

What I do know is, that area is COVERED with cctv cameras, so I do find it odd that nothing was captured. That hints of an inside job.

These days, it's always the ones in power trying to retain their power by terrorizing the common folks with false flag events.

The US police state is planning a big one now to blame on the Islamic State and take attention off of the $18 trillion national debt which they can barely service the interest on.

Since many keep telling me that the International Community knows how to see the NCPO, I'm surprised about suggestions that the NCPO might be involved in this bombing. With such reasoning the NCPO needs no excuse to 'stamp down' on people or things. It would seem other have more interest in trying to get the NCPO to react a bit harshly. IMHO.

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

No offense, but you're a pretty naive guy.

History is full of nations creating false flags to further their agenda. Thais are not exempt to such acts. Of course, I am not suggesting this is the case, and we'll never know the truth, but anything is possible. However, the timing is perfect, as the General can prove the need for continued martial law while outsiders claim they should end it. It is also no secret that dictators (and most leaders in general) are sociopaths, so..... take that for what it's worth.

What I do know is, that area is COVERED with cctv cameras, so I do find it odd that nothing was captured. That hints of an inside job.

Petrol station near me in Chiangmai has 18 cctv cameras covering the pumps, cashiers, little shop, access, egress, parking etc etc etc.

BTS station in an obvious target location ??

There must be hundreds and not all visible.

The only thing potentially troubling about this whole fiasco which is now occupying such a ridiculous amount of media coverage is the suggestion that detonation mechanism was rather sophisticated otherwise these were simply pipe bombs and no buildings were toppled in fact I have seen drunks run of the road in there trucks and cause far more damage than this.

"This is the doings of the red activists"

Is it really? How do you know? Please tell us. You clearly have information that the authorities need to know.

"... the scum they are. They have be littering Thailand for many years now".

Well yes they would be; unlike you they were born and bred here. I don't know about the "scum" bit. I've seen that repulsive term used to describe anyone that TV poster don't like, from tourists in Pattaya to people who go on visa runs. But you really should be aware that to a Thai it's foreigners who try to go native that are the "litter" on the landscape; particularly those who rejoice to see the ordinary, decent people deprived of any say in how the country should be run.

Bah! The stench of that racist and xenophobic rant of yours, maybe you should pay DoctorA a visit, you know, the psy...

I suggest you read my post again and engage your brain before sounding off.

It wasn't me who referred to Thais as "scum" or accused them of "littering" Thailand. The "racist xenophobic rant" came from the poster to whom I was responding.

In my view, if you are a guest in this country you should not refer to your hosts, of whatever political persuasion, as "scum" or "litter". It's their country; you are simply a tolerated visitor.

• Like 1

"Worachai Hema, former Pheu Thai MP and core Redshirt leader, told the press yesterday that the Redshirts were not behind the bombings, because they "only want peace and a quick return to election."

However, he said he is convinced that the twin bombings were politically-motivated."

Must be that mysterious "third hand again". The one Chalerm was always warning everyone about. Never attacks the red shirts or Shin clan and supporters but nothing to do with them of course. whistling.gif

"This is the doings of the red activists"

Is it really? How do you know? Please tell us. You clearly have information that the authorities need to know.

"... the scum they are. They have be littering Thailand for many years now".

Well yes they would be; unlike you they were born and bred here. I don't know about the "scum" bit. I've seen that repulsive term used to describe anyone that TV poster don't like, from tourists in Pattaya to people who go on visa runs. But you really should be aware that to a Thai it's foreigners who try to go native that are the "litter" on the landscape; particularly those who rejoice to see the ordinary, decent people deprived of any say in how the country should be run.

Bah! The stench of that racist and xenophobic rant of yours, maybe you should pay DoctorA a visit, you know, the psy...

I suggest you read my post again and engage your brain before sounding off.

It wasn't me who referred to Thais as "scum" or accused them of "littering" Thailand. The "racist xenophobic rant" came from the poster to whom I was responding.

In my view, if you are a guest in this country you should not refer to your hosts, of whatever political persuasion, as "scum" or "litter". It's their country; you are simply a tolerated visitor.

Agree that calling any group "scum" as a generalization is inappropriate.

I reserve words like that for the type of "scum" who throw grenades and bombs at innocent people, including children and show no remorse when killing; and the morons who openly applaud this type of act, encourage others to do the same and say that the kids murdered won't now grow up to oppose them.

I don't care what nationality they are, what religious views they hold, or what political affiliations they hold - they are scum.

Extending martial law could also play into the red shirts hands. If the junta government was to withdraw martial law, and actually move towards early 2016 elections, what would the red shirts have to complain about?

Yes they can stay in power as long as they want but you also have to convince the masses this is justified.

Could it be that some Islamic extremist was in Thailand and was practising on his bomb making

skills? Everyone thinks it may have been someone in the local scene in Thailand doing this, but

don't discount the nut jobs that want to join with ISIL and the other terrorists, and these people have

to also practise their craziness as well.

I won't pin this on either Reds, Yellows, or other colors with in Thailand, anymore than to pin this on

the present government.

There are far more people around the world who like to stir up fear, where ever they happen to

be, than just the local population in Bangkok, or Thailand.

Just my opinion of course.

Could it be that some Islamic extremist was in Thailand and was practising on his bomb making

skills? Everyone thinks it may have been someone in the local scene in Thailand doing this, but

don't discount the nut jobs that want to join with ISIL and the other terrorists, and these people have

to also practise their craziness as well.

I won't pin this on either Reds, Yellows, or other colors with in Thailand, anymore than to pin this on

the present government.

There are far more people around the world who like to stir up fear, where ever they happen to

be, than just the local population in Bangkok, or Thailand.

Just my opinion of course.

Not as far fetched as you may think, don't forget that an ALLEGED Terrorist was already in Thailand who "slipped through" their borders and immigration, then cast your mind back to the very bold statement that ISIS would never set foot in Thailand that came from the Army's CIC.

The Iraqi Army never expected to have ISIS/ISIL run amok with only 10-20 thousand extremists in a matter of 72 hours, never mind the alleged 7% of the population that's supposed to be hardcore Red shirt UDD members, that's a staggering 5 million members!!

This isn't the MO of Islamic insurgents, they don't pussyfoot about, they go straight in for the kill

2010 - Redshirts were behind the violence, but they "only want peace and an election."

2014 pre election February 2nd 2014 - Redshirts were behind the bombings and intimidation of farmers (yinglucks supporter base), because they "only want peace and an election."

2014 post faild election February 3rd 2014 - Redshirts were behind the bombings, because they "only want peace and a quick return to election."

Seems when the red shirts don't get what they want they act like a rabid dog. Even though the rabid dogs actions might be counter productive to its effects, who cares? It never worried them before and it will not worry them again. They were never the smartest bunch when it came to trying to achieve something.

In Khon Kaen they put rabid dogs down mainly for the safety of the majority and to put the dog out of its misery.

Seems this might be applicable here too. In a political sense anyway.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 1

I don't know who was responsible but the government would be just a little impressed as it would be like hitting Russell in the face with a shovel. No attitude adjustment required if the offenders are actually caught. Personally I think it is neither reds nor yellows.

destabilize a Government that has 93% popularity with pipe bombs behind a transformer? yeah that works heaps, you clearly have NO idea how easy it could be if the Reds REALLY wanted to hit back at the current establishment.

Anyone here in 2007, 2009, or 2010 saw clearly how the Reds really hit back at the government.

Petrol station near me in Chiangmai has 18 cctv cameras covering the pumps, cashiers, little shop, access, egress, parking etc etc etc.

BTS station in an obvious target location ??

There must be hundreds and not all visible.

You counted the cameras at a gas station? blink.png

What an exciting life. huh.png

btw, there are numerous screen captures taken from CCTV cameras of the bombing scene that have been published.