Twisties

eastbay

Bought a CB 300 f a couple of weeks ago- the IRC's seems to really really suck, back end stepping out pulling away, little slides for no apparent reason..... Maybe it's the pavement here also, IDK.

Once I get that sorted, probably Angel GT's, I'll be looking for some twisty roads. Are there any in the southeast (Rayong?) or where does a guy have to go to grind some foot pegs ?

if twisties is your priority, recommend rosso2s instead of angels, more grip and safety and tire has better profile for turns.

and same price. maybe rosso2s last 2000 km less.

you can do Sisawat or Sangkhlaburi route west of Bangkok in Kanchanaburi or go to Kao Yai or Thaplan National Park roads.

Edited by ll2

Thanks! For now my mileage will be modest due to work demands- one and two day trips. I hope to be able to take some more time later. Looks like Srinakarin might be a good 2 day ride.

Kai Yai looks a little closer- some of the park roads are good ones?

I never appreciate what I have until I don't. To be able to spend a weekend on my NorCal cambered, perfectly paved switchbacks seems like heaven now. Actually it did then also at least sometimes.

It is fun just putting around the countryside- yesterday I went to Khao Chamao, got there too late to swim at the waterfalls, but it was great just being out there.

As for tire choice, maybe I should just go with the Rossa2's. I've never had a problem with the sport tour types, Bridgestone 023's etc., but the tarmac around here does seem a little dicey and I could probably use all the help I can get.

• Like 1

Thanks! For now my mileage will be modest due to work demands- one and two day trips. I hope to be able to take some more time later. Looks like Srinakarin might be a good 2 day ride.

Kai Yai looks a little closer- some of the park roads are good ones?

I never appreciate what I have until I don't. To be able to spend a weekend on my NorCal cambered, perfectly paved switchbacks seems like heaven now. Actually it did then also at least sometimes.

It is fun just putting around the countryside- yesterday I went to Khao Chamao, got there too late to swim at the waterfalls, but it was great just being out there.

As for tire choice, maybe I should just go with the Rossa2's. I've never had a problem with the sport tour types, Bridgestone 023's etc., but the tarmac around here does seem a little dicey and I could probably use all the help I can get.

If you can swing a day and 1/2 ride, go up to Lom Sak (Phetchabun), overnight and ride around and back the next day.

Something like this:

https://maps.google.co.th/maps?saddr=Rayong&daddr=16.785026,101.240595+to:16.9317396,101.068101+to:Route+2331+to:Route+2196+to:Route+234+to:Rayong&hl=en&ll=14.976627,101.37085&spn=4.387482,7.047729&sll=14.445319,101.112671&sspn=4.398169,7.047729&geocode=FWrmwQAd2GIHBikhP8M4OPwCMTGIQCVa7x77wA%3BFYIeAAEdE88IBg%3BFZtbAgEdRS0GBimXQQmZzF4gMTHfXxNYk7wtxQ%3BFUs1BAEdTqsDBg%3BFUNg_QAdiQsFBg%3BFY_X-gAdk8EGBg%3BFWrmwQAd2GIHBikhP8M4OPwCMTGIQCVa7x77wA&dirflg=ht&mra=ls&via=2&t=m&z=8

• Like 1

OOOH that looks great Dave, Thanks! That 2331 road looks just the ticket. If I can get to where I have faith in my tires I think the little 300 will be a lot of fun, with some major lean angles.

Speaking of which, are there track days around? I'll try a google search. That sounds fun especially on fresh rubber as well.

<edit due to unintended offensive term>

Edited by eastbay

OOOH that looks great Dave, Thanks! That 2331 road looks just the ticket. If I can get to where I have faith in my tires I think the little 300 will be a lot of fun, with some major lean angles.

Speaking of which, are there track days around? I'll try a little google-<deleted>.... That sounds fun especially on fresh rubber as well.

It is nice. You can also if pressed for time ride to the park entrance and turn back around. The [2196/2258] between the [12] and [21] is beautiful. The [134] is a good way to miss out on Phetchabun.

Speaking of which, are there track days around? I'll try a google search. That sounds fun especially on fresh rubber as well.

Be careful the 2331 (coming up from 2013) past the entrance of the national park.

I was on this road with a couple of other bikes recently and there is a section under construction which is extremely slippery mud (I took a tumble riding at 10 kph).

The rest of the 2331 is extremely twisty and not so suitable for a bigger bike (would be perfect for motards, KLX etc).

Be careful the 2331 (coming up from 2013) past the entrance of the national park.

I was on this road with a couple of other bikes recently and there is a section under construction which is extremely slippery mud (I took a tumble riding at 10 kph).

The rest of the 2331 is extremely twisty and not so suitable for a bigger bike (would be perfect for motards, KLX etc).

Nebula and I did it on a CBR250 and a CB500X (with pillion) back in November.

Nebula and I did it on a CBR250 and a CB500X (with pillion) back in November.

Did you get this section on your ride?

We rode it from Lom Sak to the 2013 (where it "T"s). So yes. I wouldn't have suggested it if I hadn't rode it. I also commented on the condition of the road, although you guys had it easy; it was a powdery lung filling dust when we rode it.

We rode it from Lom Sak to the 2013 (where it "T"s). So yes. I wouldn't have suggested it if I hadn't rode it. I also commented on the condition of the road, although you guys had it easy; it was a powdery lung filling dust when we rode it.

Give me powdery lung filling dust anyday compared to wet slippery mud.

It's really the luck of the draw. On the day that we rode it, we actually passed the truck that was watering the road down. So basically what happened was that the dry powdery lung filling dust turned into wet slippery mud.

Having said all that, the 2331 isn't as good as road as many others for bikers. It's twisty no doubt, but you can't ride it at speed due to it being narrow and unpredictable road condition.

Give me powdery lung filling dust anyday compared to wet slippery mud.

It's really the luck of the draw. On the day that we rode it, we actually passed the truck that was watering the road down. So basically what happened was that the dry powdery lung filling dust turned into wet slippery mud.

Having said all that, the 2331 isn't as good as road as many others for bikers. It's twisty no doubt, but you can't ride it at speed due to it being narrow and unpredictable road condition.

Good thing we all have ideas about what is a good road. Take for instance the run to Umphang (which I hope you're up for next time I'm in the Kingdom). The [12], to me, is utterly forgettable. I can tell you about 3 things in regards to it. But get me blabbering about the [1090], which is much narrower and more unpredictable, and watch my eyes light up. A high speed run through twisties may give some people insta-chubby, but where's the fun in simply going left-right-left-right at high speed? Sounds like a Nascar race.

Give me a road where I'm apexing around a corner and "Crap!....there's a cow paddy in my line" or "What's the best way to navigate through this tore up section?" and I am happy as a clam.