Americans in Thailand, how do you feel?

willyumiii

For a small Island nation we do cause a bit of a stir..

I loves it!

Your little island has not been much of a world power for 70 years, since the Germans knock the wind out of your sails. They broke you financialy and forced your empire to dissolve. You no longer exploit most of the globe

You really don't have much left but your little island and your arrogance.

The rest of the world chuckles.

I'll have a little ironic chuckle along with you too biggrin.png 5555..

Still the greatest nation that ever existed. Your country, with all its resources, large population, and that god fella are just pale comparison.

And lets have it right.. It was the British that knocked the wind out of Adolph and his little plan for taking over the world.

and lets not forget it only took a dozen cave-dwelling-sandniggers to bring you to your knees.. oh the Irony when 'murcans talk about war! shall we bring up the Korea, The Bay of Pigs, Vietnam, Afghan, Iraq? wind it in sunshine, you're on very shaky ground when it comes to boasting about wars.. OhWait! Granada! you won that one.

Its been a fun afternoon stirring up you septics on here.. as I said early It's been emotional biggrin.png thanks for the jollies..

you missed custa, when the indians did him and the 7th

• Like 1

I loves it!

Your little island has not been much of a world power for 70 years, since the Germans knock the wind out of your sails. They broke you financialy and forced your empire to dissolve. You no longer exploit most of the globe

The world chuckles at your rednecks and assorted nutjobs. The Germans didn't screw us financially it was your lot. Funny though how when you are about to invade a country the country you always call is.

Anyway, you've managed to make Stacey Dooley look intelligent

Just being polite and trying to make the little guy feel like he is still worth something.

come on willimummy,,,

oops sorry williyummi,,lol

dont give in,,,, or have you been shot by friendly fire,,,,,lol

come on bring it on,,, i love it

Team America World Police will arrive soon to rescue him

• Like 1

Nobody likes America but we sure get a lot of people from Europe, Asia Africa and Latin America as well as the Mid east that want to move to America and have their children become Americans. Why?

Who says nobody likes 'murika?

I think lots of folk somehow envisage a better life than in the shiteholes they live in.. Whether it works out for them or not is a different thing.

I've been there many times.. I personally wouldn't want to stay there, and that's not to say I don't like 'murcians .. I just feel there's better ways of living else where in the world.

Tell me why do you guys always feel, and react so sensitively, about what people think of you?

You just people like the other 7,293,108,475 folk that are alive on this here people farm- You ain't no better or worse.

"Tell me why do you guys always feel, and react so sensitively, about what people think of you?"

I don't speak for all 300 million of us obviously, but what irks me most and gets me riled up some days is that we're damned if we do, damned if we don't. One group's yelling for 'assistance,' the other is rolling its collective eyes at yet more intervention by the U.S. in things that are none of our business. The world and its people love to criticize and voice hatred, but never any gratitude.

Example: Was participating in a Facebook thread that was overrun with Middle Easterners screaming death to America, yet there they were utilizing American technology that had given them a voice in the world. More so than their own governments.

I suppose that's all the more reason not to be so sensitive--knowing that we'll always be angering some, while never pleasing just about anyone. violin.gif

• Like 1

come on willimummy,,,

oops sorry williyummi,,lol

dont give in,,,, or have you been shot by friendly fire,,,,,lol

come on bring it on,,, i love it

Team America World Police will arrive soon to rescue him

"By following the rules of the Film Actor's Guild, the world can become a better place; that handles dangerous people with talk, and reasoning; that, is the fag way. One day you'll all look at the world us actors created and say, "wow, good going, fag. You really made the world a better place, didntcha, fag?""

• Like 1

I loves it!

funny how you allways want this little island they call england to hold your hand everytime you start a little war,,

yes start a little war,,,you read it right,

get off your high horse mate, because sooner or later you will be knocked off it,,,

the end is nigh

In the 1770s you were the most powerful nation in the world and America, who was not even a country yet kicked your butt and sent you home with your tail between your legs.

Now it's time for you to complain that we didn't play fair and would not stand out in the open in straight lines and let you shoot us.

We hid behind trees and rocks and killed your officers..another unfair tactic.

We learned fast that if we killed your officers, the soldiers would not fight.

Should I even mention how easy it was to take aim at bright red coats and white wigs?

Military genius!

Wigs, face powder ( make up ) and lace..such manly men!

Still chuckling! cheesy.gif

The end is nigh??

post-147745-0-93110100-1423224313_thumb.

In English we say " The end is near"

post-147745-0-39992900-1423224368_thumb.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Nobody likes America but we sure get a lot of people from Europe, Asia Africa and Latin America as well as the Mid east that want to move to America and have their children become Americans. Why?

I think lots of folk somehow envisage a better life than in the shiteholes they live in.. Whether it works out for them or not is a different thing.

I've been there many times.. I personally wouldn't want to stay there, and that's not to say I don't like 'murcians .. I just feel there's better ways of living else where in the world.

Tell me why do you guys always feel, and react so sensitively, about what people think of you?

You just people like the other 7,293,108,475 folk that are alive on this here people farm- You ain't no better or worse.

"Tell me why do you guys always feel, and react so sensitively, about what people think of you?"

I don't speak for all 300 million of us obviously, but what irks me most and gets me riled up some days is that we're damned if we do, damned if we don't. One group's yelling for 'assistance,' the other is rolling its collective eyes at yet more intervention by the U.S. in things that are none of our business. The world and its people love to criticize and voice hatred, but never any gratitude.

Example: Was participating in a Facebook thread that was overrun with Middle Easterners screaming death to America, yet there they were utilizing American technology that had given them a voice in the world. More so than their own governments.

I suppose that's all the more reason not to be so sensitive--knowing that we'll always be angering some, while never pleasing just about anyone. violin.gif

Why not learn from the Thias and have some Mai Pen Rai, Jai Yen Yen..

Sadly, I think you guys don;t always "get it" when we're messing with you guys..

Really, I feel, 'muricans fail at banter.

You wouldn't last 5 minutes in a London pub before losing your cool.

English folk like to take the pish and mock each other, each other's football team, shirt, haircut, car, wife, your mum... - the trick is to realise its banter.

My experience is if, and when, you do lose your cool, someone bigger badder, sharper tongued, will cut you down.

PS not a lot of ground to gained by arguing on facebutt with the Muzzies

Also bear in mind that a British chap invented the WWW .. Bless his cotton pantz!

• Like 2

I loves it!

I'll have a little ironic chuckle along with you too biggrin.png 5555..

Still the greatest nation that ever existed. Your country, with all its resources, large population, and that god fella are just pale comparison.

And lets have it right.. It was the British that knocked the wind out of Adolph and his little plan for taking over the world.

and lets not forget it only took a dozen cave-dwelling-sandniggers to bring you to your knees.. oh the Irony when 'murcans talk about war! shall we bring up the Korea, The Bay of Pigs, Vietnam, Afghan, Iraq? wind it in sunshine, you're on very shaky ground when it comes to boasting about wars.. OhWait! Granada! you won that one.

Its been a fun afternoon stirring up you septics on here.. as I said early It's been emotional biggrin.png thanks for the jollies..

Hope it is obvious that I too am enjoying this.

I loves it!

funny how you allways want this little island they call england to hold your hand everytime you start a little war,,

yes start a little war,,,you read it right,

get off your high horse mate, because sooner or later you will be knocked off it,,,

the end is nigh

In the 1770s you were the most powerful nation in the world and America, who was not even a country yet kicked your butt and sent you home with your tail between your legs.

Now it's time for you to complain that we didn't play fair and would not stand out in the open in straight lines and let you shoot us.

We hid behind trees and rocks and killed your officers..another unfair tactic.

We learned fast that if we killed your officers, the soldiers would not fight.

Should I even mention how easy it was to take aim at bright red coats and white wigs?

Military genius!

Wigs, face powder ( make up ) and lace..such manly men!

Still chuckling! cheesy.gif

The end is nigh??

attachicon.gifsandwich300.jpg

In English we say " The end is near"

attachicon.gifblog-david-homer.jpg

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Can't tell if joking or stupid.. brings up a battle from 250 back to save face.. thats so full of fail.

Why not learn from the Thias and have some Mai Pen Rai, Jai Yen Yen..

Sadly, I think you guys don;t always "get it" when we're messing with you guys..

Really, I feel, 'muricans fail at banter.

You wouldn't last 5 minutes in a London pub before losing your cool.

English folk like to take the pish and mock each other, each other's football team, shirt, haircut, car, wife, your mum... - the trick is to realise its banter.

My experience is if, and when, you do lose your cool, someone bigger badder, sharper tongued, will cut you down.

PS not a lot of ground to gained by arguing on facebutt with the Muzzies

Also bear in mind that a British chap invented the WWW .. Bless his cotton pantz!

I agree, a little jai yen yen would go a long way.

But while some may not be able to handle bantering--and a few posters proved your point entirely--that's not really what I was referring to. I'm talking about genuine disdain here, not the kind of ribbing you and Jake we're having a go at us with.

As for your last point: yeah, definitely learned a valuable lesson that night and haven't repeated the same mistake. Also, I wasn't referring to the WWW in general when I said "American technology," but Facebook specifically (for better or worse).

Haven't noticed anything different in my interactions with Thais.

Yet I do feel an increase in hostility, mostly from those Brits and Aussies who disliked us in the first place. coffee1.gif

There is another thread where a non-American mentioned how many expats were losers in their own countries.

The UK and Aus. are tiny with combined populations about 1/4 of the US. Yet they are vastly overrepresented as expats in Thailand. That's because they hate themselves and their countries. As bitter old men they are jealous and have to be bitter toward others.

In 30 years their countries will be muslim due to immigration and breeding rates. They know it. They are powerless to do anything about it because their governments disarmed them.

They actually hate their countries and it shows in a multitude of posts. They have nowhere to go home to. They don't recognize their countries due to immigration and PC governments.

They've given up their sovereign borders to an international group and they no longer can claim patriotic pride. All they can do is criticise those who have an independent country with patriotism and who do have the power to change things. They criticize America AND their own countries. They are lost and broken.

They no longer understand being patriotic and think that those who are have lost the plot when in truth they have lost the plot and have lost their way. They are people without a country. They drink their days away in Thailand realizing that the old saying is true: "Wherever you go, there you are."

Deluded or Captain rats.

• Like 1

is that the english, that is english,

the english speak english,

the thais speak thai

the dutch speak dutch,

the german speak german

the spanish

shall i go on ?

and you americans speak ,,,,,,,,,,, what ?

go on say what you speak,,

make my day

Here we go again.

Is this another Britt claiming they own the English language and only Britts can speak it?

Did you know that the Britts are such a small percentage of the people in the world who speak that language that there has been talk about changing the name of the language?

Most of the people in the world who speak English have great difficulty understanding the strange version of the language that Britts speak!

The version of the English best understood around the world is American English..due mostly to American cinema or "Hollywood" I think.

Britts need to get over themselves.

The sun has been setting on your empire for a long time now........probably longer than you have been alive.

"make my day" That is an American English quote from Clint Eastwood in an American movie...or cinema as you would call it.

is that another movie were america won the war for us,?

its all make believe mate,,,

we as brits understand this, you my freind must believe every movie you see,,

please believe me harry potter isnt real

there never was a goose that laid a golden egg

No.

It was a movie about a San Francisco cop named Dirty Harry who loved to use his 357 magnum.

I know a lot about movies Jake.

I worked for George Lucas at Lucasfilm.

I don't want to burst too many bubbles,

But I know Star Wars and Indiana Jones are not real either or even the Ewoks!

I watched them being filmed.

Harry Potter?

Wasn't that one about some British sissy?

Never bothered to watch or read it. Sorry!

• Like 2

Never heard the saying about how you can't please all of the people all of the time?

Welcome to the real world. The one where you're not God's favourite special country.

• Like 1

the thais speak thai

the dutch speak dutch,

the german speak german

the spanish

shall i go on ?

make my day

Here we go again.

Is this another Britt claiming they own the English language and only Britts can speak it?

Did you know that the Britts are such a small percentage of the people in the world who speak that language that there has been talk about changing the name of the language?

Most of the people in the world who speak English have great difficulty understanding the strange version of the language that Britts speak!

The version of the English best understood around the world is American English..due mostly to American cinema or "Hollywood" I think.

The sun has been setting on your empire for a long time now........probably longer than you have been alive.

"make my day" That is an American English quote from Clint Eastwood in an American movie...or cinema as you would call it.

No.

It was a movie about a San Francisco cop named Dirty Harry who loved to use his 357 magnum.

Harry Potter?

Harry Potter would be a bit too complicated for you, we understand.

The American movies are all about how America saves the day and rules the world. We've all laughed at you before. ?

Edited by neverdie
  • Like 1

the thais speak thai

the dutch speak dutch,

the german speak german

the spanish

shall i go on ?

make my day

Here we go again.

No.

Harry Potter?

thats better get with it,,,lol

i still think hollywood got most of there stories wrong in the war films,,

england was in the ww2 too

There in lies the problem, the op thinks because he is American that this non physical characteristic makes life more uncomfortable, less safe..Americans always overstate there own importance which is probably the characteristic of any super power..although on the wane..generous people..regardless of nationality any individual who derides their home country is to be avoided..

State yours....

Hello..this is the OP.

I should have know better on TV.

If you can read my post or even the short title, it is obvious that I am addressing Americans and asking Americans how they fell about an issue.

Yet. probably over 80% of the replies are from non Americans bashing America or Americans!

What part of " this thread is for Americans" do you not understand?

Those of you claiming that Americans are rude, loud and overreacting need to step away from the computer and think about what you have posted here and how rude you are being!

You are over reacting to something that does not involve you at all..

You participation in this thread is unsolicited and unwanted.

You have every right to bash America.

Many Americans, myself included bash our country..it is healthy.

Just stop being rude, uninvited participants in this thread.

It is not about bashing anyone.

Open your own d*mn thread and bash away on that thread.

This thread is asking for the opinions of Americans about soething that involves Americans and no one else.

Not you! Understand?

Again, I would like the opinions of my fellow Americans on the current and possible future situation for Americans in Thailand.

Thanks to those Americans who have replied.

There has been some good input from you.

There should be an American section where you can talk about guns and blowing stuff up. It would be a good place for y'all to gather and look down on the rest of the world, with all ur self importance and all that.

Of course there's some really nice American folk on this forum who are probably wondering about what ur smokin.....you and ya mate that keeps sayin 'duh'.

Im wondering about you and your folk....

I have two nationalities, American and British, a right Yanker some may call me, but if anyone asks; I am firmly making my British side the priority and leaving my American passport at home. Even at Immigration I always go as British rather than American.

My guess is that the most despised nationalities worldwide are Americans and Israelis, any countries that bear a grudge it`s usually aimed at them first hand. I think the OP is quite right to have concerns and the way tensions are building in the world, especially in the middle east, I can see the situation becoming much worse before it gets better.

You what??? I always have been led to believe the US would only allow you to have a US passport if you gave up the other? Or is it the "green Card" ? Anyway why not just do what many yanks do and introduce themselves as Canadian ? cheesy.gif

i wonder if neversure has cooled down yet hes a mate of mine,(yes hes a yank)

but he did throw the dummy out the pram this morning,

He has a tendency at doing that and then whe. He can't win an argument he puts you on block and speaks about you in the third person.

Another deluded character.....I'm starting to see a pattern here.

the thais speak thai

the dutch speak dutch,

the german speak german

the spanish

shall i go on ?

make my day

Here we go again.

No.

Harry Potter?

thats better get with it,,,lol

i still think hollywood got most of there stories wrong in the war films,,

england was in the ww2 too

Yes they were....getting their assess handed to them until, the yanks arrived and bailed them out :)

Never heard the saying about how you can't please all of the people all of the time?

Welcome to the real world. The one where you're not God's favourite special country.

See that little emoticon thingy? In the context of my post, it pretty much means exactly what you wrote. Thanks for the welcome though. Good to be here. Finally.