Impeachment case against 269 former parliamentarians to NLA next week

Lite Beer

Impeachment case against 269 former parliamentarians to NLA next week

2-9-2015-8-59-13-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The National Anti-Corruption Commission is expected to submit an impeachment case against 269 fomer MPs and senators who signed in support of amending the previous Constitution to change the composition of the Senate to the National Legislative Assembly next week.

NACC chairman Panthep Klanarongran said Monday that the case had been completed and it now depends on when the officials concerned would bring up the case to the NACC board for consideration.

He expected the case would be ready for the NACC board next week after which it would go straight to the NLA to kick off the impeachment process.

He went on saying that the NACC would proceed with criminal litigation against five former MPs who inserted the voting cards of their colleagues to cast votes on their behalf.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/impeachment-case-269-former-parliamentarians-nla-next-week

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-02-09

I have to laugh at the Junta cheerleaders...

let the purge begin!!

or, since it is well underway, just let it continue. wink.png

Don't make me say there are no crooks and bastards in the DP (NOT so!), or BJT, or any of the present Thai political parties (what makes me ask, again, why ALL existing parties have not been disbanded, when and if, real, solid, remaining, 'changes' were/are a goal), but, hey, sure, go after all the other bad guys, please do, no 'double standards', BUT don't miss this major possibility to roll-up in one wide sweep most influential members of the largest political GANG on the place, with such, undeniable, clear evidence (though I'm sure the red denialists' and apologists', plus the cohorts of Shins' PR-men and attorneys, will go on top of the barricades about this damning affair). Go for it! ...But then also go on with all the other parties. High time for it! Do it!

let the purge begin!!

Don't make me say there are no crooks and bastards in the DP (NOT so!), or BJT, or any of the present Thai political parties (what makes me ask, again, why ALL existing parties have not been disbanded, when and if, real, solid, remaining, 'changes' were/are a goal), but, hey, sure, go after all the other bad guys, please do, no 'double standards', BUT don't miss this major possibility to roll-up in one wide sweep most influential members of the largest political GANG on the place, with such, undeniable, clear evidence (though I'm sure the red denialists' and apologists', plus the cohorts of Shins' PR-men and attorneys, will go on top of the barricades about this damning affair). Go for it! ...But then also go on with all the other parties. High time for it! Do it!

OK, you count as a junta cheerleader... here is your new script:

one, two, three, four, let's go out and purge some more!

one, two, three, four, purge 'em! purge 'em! till they're sore!!

Go Team Junta! Yeeeaaah!!!

CheerLeader1.gif

NACC would proceed with criminal litigation against five former MPs who inserted the voting cards of their colleagues to cast votes on their behalf.

That was Democracy before.

Open your eyes and ears and learn, dear posters.

Is that what you are all yearning for again?

I'm better the way it is now.................you can shout about Democracy and elections, it is your prerogative after all.

But don't give me excuses that anybody is taking away your freedom of speech.

Yes people keep on ranting about the freedom of speech being lost. Well two things

1 no country in the world has freedom of speechwai.gif

2 If they really had lost it there would be a lot less posts here on Thai Visa.cheesy.gif

• Like 1

IMO, in countries with a parliamentary system worth the name, the main, most damning, offence would have been FORGING the text of a bill between two readings, and of complicity to FORGERY for the MP's and Senators who voted in favour of the bill, with criminal charges up to treason, and, of course, banned from ANY political activity forever or at least for 20 years!

But here, as the Shins' own House and Senate speakers, presiding over this criminal act, have not even been impeached by the NLA...

let the purge begin!!

CheerLeader1.gif

Thanks, I like your funny little cheer leader.

Just sad that after reading(?) my reaction you can't agree with Justice, for ALL...! Justice for the others, not for 'us', we are above Justice?

So, who does that make a red, blonde, cheerleader... Hmm, not me, 'tbthailand', no need for you to prove it to us here anyways, we knew already...

This reminds me of the goodies V baddies movies were the baddies nearly win (AKA the red terrorist) and then right at the end of the movie the goodies finally triumph.

Of course some will justify that the Joker, Darth Vader, The Grinch and the guys that tried to hurt the kid in "Home Alone" were the good guys, but at least most know better.

Terrorism is bad. A lack of terrorism is good.

Quite simple really...

Of course some will justify that the Joker, Darth Vader, The Grinch and the guys that tried to hurt the kid in "Home Alone" were the good guys, but at least most know better

You do know they aren't real, don't you?

• Like 2

The tit for tat aspect will never cease and the vicious cycle of so called politics will continue.

When, and IF, the country is restored to civilian rule and PTP, or whatever their new incarnation will be, wins an election and takes power they will seek revenge on those they can even if it's just something as simple as wholesale changes in officials and post holders. As their rule unfolds there's likely to be opposition and maybe at one point the demonstrations etc may start. How long then before a military man calls colleagues together and indicates it's about time they took over for ' the sake of the country ' ?

The cycle is complete and the merry go round starts again.

Edited by NongKhaiKid
  • Like 2

IMHO the PTP have a far more serious charge to answer - why are they accepting payment from a 3rd party (in this case a fugitive criminal) to vote to his order? Yes it is disguised by the rather transparent facade of a political party, but there is little doubt, or even pretense, that this is not happening.

In more mature democracies, this is illegal. Accepting payment to vote a certain way once is a serious offence, here doing so regularly seems acceptable. Even gifts above a certain value have to be declared, and I can (vaguely) recall serious consequences of failing to do so over a toy bear, and a TV set (?).

I urge any PTP/Thaksin supporters to tell me if in their country this is not the case. Then you can explain how selling your nation and vote is democratic.

Is there more to this story or am I missing something .I don't see the big deal with giving someone else "A colleague" you card to vote with . Yes its a bit tardy not being arsed to turn up and vote, but its not corrupt unless it was "Drop that in for me and I'll buy you a pint"

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

This reminds me of the goodies V baddies movies were the baddies nearly win (AKA the red terrorist) and then right at the end of the movie the goodies finally triumph.

Of course some will justify that the Joker, Darth Vader, The Grinch and the guys that tried to hurt the kid in "Home Alone" were the good guys, but at least most know better.

Terrorism is bad. A lack of terrorism is good.

Quite simple really...

I hope you get the country you deserve

The tit for tat aspect will never cease and the vicious cycle of so called politics will continue.

When, and IF, the country is restored to civilian rule and PTP, or whatever their new incarnation will be, wins an election and takes power they will seek revenge on those they can even if it's just something as simple as wholesale changes in officials and post holders. As their rule unfolds there's likely to be opposition and maybe at one point the demonstrations etc may start. How long then before a military man calls colleagues together and indicates it's about time they took over for ' the sake of the country ' ?

The cycle is complete and the merry go round starts again.

Spot on!

let the purge begin!!

yes lets purge all corrupt fraudsters from government. Nothing wrong with that.

Is there more to this story or am I missing something .I don't see the big deal with giving someone else "A colleague" you card to vote with . Yes its a bit tardy not being arsed to turn up and vote, but its not corrupt unless it was "Drop that in for me and I'll buy you a pint"

Try that at the next general elections at your home country....

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Try that at the next general elections at your home country....

Its not corrupt though is it , they were voting that way anyway. Tardy and sack them yes , but corrupt ? I don't think so

let the purge begin!!

CheerLeader1.gif

Thanks, I like your funny little cheer leader.

Just sad that after reading(?) my reaction you can't agree with Justice, for ALL...! Justice for the others, not for 'us', we are above Justice?

So, who does that make a red, blonde, cheerleader... Hmm, not me, 'tbthailand', no need for you to prove it to us here anyways, we knew already...

you talk about justice.

If this were really about justice, then you and I might have something to agree on.

This is just about political revenge. They don't even try to disguise it...

IMHO the PTP have a far more serious charge to answer - why are they accepting payment from a 3rd party (in this case a fugitive criminal) to vote to his order? Yes it is disguised by the rather transparent facade of a political party, but there is little doubt, or even pretense, that this is not happening.

In more mature democracies, this is illegal. Accepting payment to vote a certain way once is a serious offence, here doing so regularly seems acceptable. Even gifts above a certain value have to be declared, and I can (vaguely) recall serious consequences of failing to do so over a toy bear, and a TV set (?).

I urge any PTP/Thaksin supporters to tell me if in their country this is not the case. Then you can explain how selling your nation and vote is democratic.

your entire premise is faulty. That's obvious.

Do you not think that under the 2007 constitution with all the "independent" agencies and the jaundiced courts, which have already dissolved Thaksin's political parties and tossed out "his" PMs,, that if what you said were happening, if it were illegal in Thailand, and if it could in the slightest way be 'provable', that it would have happened long ago?

Of course it would have.