Wooden parquet adhesive

Tywais

I have all wood parquet on the upper floor and stairwell and several have come loose over time. I remember from the US something called Mastik for this. What is a good choice of 'glue' available in Thailand to remount them? Preferably something easy to find, don't have to buy 5 liters of it and if in a tube even better.

post-566-0-59494100-1424499534_thumb.jpg

I have the same problem with those floors; but actually to refix is nothing more complicated than buying a tube of panel adhesive.

those loose ones are notorious for collecting dust, so just make sure it is cleaned out properly first.

gun adhesive is so easy for this job and not only does it stick to the concrete, but if you spread some along the adjacent blocks it sticks even better.

mine pieces look smaller than yours about 4in x 1in wide. glad i didnt lay them all in the first place, mammoth task!

• 1 month later...

Thought it fair to let members know what I came up with. Went to homepro and showed the picture and I pointed at a bottle of latex which someone at work recommended and they said no. They got someone else who seemed to know more and he also said no and went over and handed me a tube, type used with a caulking gun, and seems ok.

Just put them down today after using the car vacuum cleaner to get the dirt out and wipe the area. Easy to apply at least, just ran a snake line bead down the concrete and a center line down the bottom of the wood. Pressed in and pounded it a few times with the heel of my foot to get it firm and feels solid.

This is what I got, whether it is the correct stuff or not time will tell. smile.png

post-566-0-80330100-1427614491_thumb.jpg

That should do the trick.

If you want to avoid the rest going hard put a couple of layers of cling wrap over the threaded end of the tube then re-fit the nozzle.

You can clean out the nozzle with warm water and something to prod it with.

• Like 1

That should do the trick.

If you want to avoid the rest going hard put a couple of layers of cling wrap over the threaded end of the tube then re-fit the nozzle.

You can clean out the nozzle with warm water and something to prod it with.

Great idea Crossy, I was trying to figure out how to close off the end as there is no closing cap that came with it.