Kasikorn and other banks can one withdraw?

Fairly simple question and a fairly simple answer..

Can I with draw money from Kasikorn or any other bank using my foreign (Spain) bank card from inside the bank via the tellers?

if yes any such requirements such as ID required and what commisions are to be paid on top of the Baht amount to be with drawn?

any restrictions on maximum amounts? how long does it take? (instant?)

I dont want to use the ATM as I have zero confidence in them after having my card cloned and money taken out twice in the past year.

Thank you kindly in advance for your replies.

Yes, you can, but it varies from bank to bank, branch to branch as to if they will do it and whether they accept a debit or credit card. If they do it for a debit card a branch is usually more receptive when you are asking for an amount greater than you can get in one ATM pull. I do it all the time with my U.S. credit card at a particular Bangkok Bank branch and Krungsri Bank branch here in Bangkok...my credit card is one of the few which does not have a foreign transaction fee or cash advance fee...and then I log onto my card account and make same day payment to avoid any interest charge. Now I can't say about the Krungsri branch whether they will accept a debit card because I haven't asked/tried yet (I've only used the credit card), but the Bangkok Bank branch I use will "not" do a teller advance for a debit card but will for a credit card. Seems bank branches which have a lot of tourists are more apt to accept debit cards also.

If the Thai bank does allow a teller withdrawal they do not charge any fee and you get the Visa/Mastercard exchange rate. And remember, if your "card-issuing" bank applies a foreign transaction fee (several percent is common) that fee is charged by your home country card-issuing bank and not the Thai bank. And of course you need to know what the daily limit is which is set by your card-issuing bank, not the Thai bank, otherwise, when the Thai bank attempts the transaction they might get an OverLimit/Insufficient Funds rejection on the transaction which you might find embarrassing. You immediately get the money in-hand. You will need to take your passport as ID.

Now I know you asked about Kaiskorn Bank, but like in my opening statement whether they will do a teller withdrawal with your foreign card varies from "branch to branch" even within the same bank family...that is, one Kaiskorn branch may happily do the transaction and the next one might not. TIT

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1