Upcoming Motorcycle Shows In Thailand?

WingNut

A friend of mine suggested a good way to buy discounted motorcycle clothing and apparel in Bangkok is to wait for one of the motorcycle shows where many of the apparel retailers setup booths and heavily discount their stuff to try and grow their customer base for the future.

I know there was a recent show at Central World. I saw many booths selling helmets, boots, gloves, jackets, etc, but I didn't bother looking at prices.

I am wondering if there are any more exhibitions like this coming up in the next 30-45 days where there might be lots of booths like this again and an opportunity to look for discounted gear like this?

I know the annual Thailand motor show is coming up at the end of this month, and there will be lots of motorcycles there too, but I've never been to one of these shows and I'm not sure if they will be selling a lot of clothing and gear at the motor show at discounted prices?

Currently there is "superbike 2015 show" at mega bang na until 8th... Mostly the common brands are there just 2 or 3 gear/ aftermarket stalls. But you can test ride most of the bikes there.

• Like 1

You just missed the biggest one I know of. Burapa in mid Feb but they all have vendors.

Where is that one usually located?

Lots of HD's and other cruisers. Chaiyapruek 2. Turn left at Sukhumvit at the Jomtien Beach road junction

I went to that one at central world with full intentions of buying heaps of discounted clothing etc..

Cut to reality i took one look at all the people digging around in the stalls and drove to paddock and bought there instead.

• Like 1

I went to that one at central world with full intentions of buying heaps of discounted clothing etc..

Cut to reality i took one look at all the people digging around in the stalls and drove to paddock and bought there instead.

So true. The only discounted stuff that I ever came across during these shows are the stuff that no one else want's to buy in their shops.

It always amazes me, the Thai approach to doing business.

Were they giving decent discounts though at Central World? If you were looking for discounted clothing I assume you didn't find that at Paddock?

So true. The only discounted stuff that I ever came across during these shows are the stuff that no one else want's to buy in their shops.

That's disappointing. But I assume what the vendors are trying to do is to use it as an opportunity to dump their old stock and also try to use it as a lure to draw in new customers at the same time. If they are not going to offer real discounts on desirable stuff though then I agree it's not of interest.

I wish that day that I was at Central World I had taken a look at the prices to see if anything of interest was being offered at good prices really or not.

This was in fact the second big motorcycle show they had there in the last 3 months from my memory at CW. So perhaps they will stage another one like that there again soon.

I'm also curious if there will be any booths selling motorcycle clothing later this month at the auto show.

That's disappointing. But I assume what the vendors are trying to do is to use it as an opportunity to dump their old stock and also try to use it as a lure to draw in new customers at the same time. If they are not going to offer real discounts on desirable stuff though then I agree it's not of interest.

I wish that day that I was at Central World I had taken a look at the prices to see if anything of interest was being offered at good prices really or not.

This was in fact the second big motorcycle show they had there in the last 3 months from my memory at CW. So perhaps they will stage another one like that there again soon.

I'm also curious if there will be any booths selling motorcycle clothing later this month at the auto show.

Paddock will almost always give you a discount, particularly if you turn up on a big bike (if they don't know you yet, that is). I get discounts when I turn up on my PCX