can you recommend a hotel on a nice beach along the eastern coast

davidst01

Try the Rayongbeach Hotel, between Rayong town and Ban Phe, jump off point for Ko samet. 081 6585832/ 038 655499-500. Basic but that is what you pay for.

Great long clean beach, two beach eateries directly opposite, very quiet during the week, busy with Thais at weekends.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cheers for the info Santisuk.

Will have a week leave in August with the family, we have recently stayed on Koh Samet which was nice but this looks to be something more Thai orientated.

Will be travelling down from Korat then off to the airport after a week (back to work).

Anyone any idea of the climate in that area in August?

To answer my own question, seems that early August things will start to get wet leading up to loads of rain in late August - October.

Can any residents of the area confirm this?

Not too bothered about the odd shower as we ain't going to be sun bathing anyway, but will be good for the kids to play in the sea.

Is the beach / water reasonably clean on Chao Loa Beach?

To answer my own question, seems that early August things will start to get wet leading up to loads of rain in late August - October.

Can any residents of the area confirm this?

Not too bothered about the odd shower as we ain't going to be sun bathing anyway, but will be good for the kids to play in the sea.

Is the beach / water reasonably clean on Chao Loa Beach?

Dunno about weather. Can get my wife to quiz 'Auntie Chantaburi' (who is actually a bit younger than my wife and reasonably switched on) if no local chimes in.

Beach was very clean - far less soi dogs than Pats/Jom and Kho Samet. Water is as clean as you'll get it in the Bay of Bangkok. I was quite happy for our 5 year old to spend hour after hour splashing about in it. No obvious sewage outfalls where we were lounging/playing, which was about 1km east of the road junction that has a big 711 close by and an unassuming Thai restaurant/bar opposite (the 711) that shows CTH football if that is of any interest.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info Santisuk.

I am in two minds now after seeing what the climate may through up. However, thats not in the spirit of just going for it - which what we may do anyway.

Looking at places to stay (probably for about 5 nights), the Chaolao Cabana Resort looks quite nice (big family villa, nice pool and restaurant).

There are few in the area that have web sites.

Guess there will be at least 6 of us, possibly more (I will be the token farang wink.png). Would be nice for my the kids and some of their cousins to have some time on the beach, as long as it don't rain all day everyday.

A couple of my brothers in law might come along.

http://www.chaolaocabana.com/

I have the option of Jomtien (have a time share there - I know, don't laugh too loud), my eldest girl has a major disability and its better for her to be at a resort on the beach.

Cheers thumbsup.gif