Ford Everest - All New 2015

Barontt

I know it's new, but how is the price compared to other countries? Looking form the perspective that pickups are the only category of cars in Thailand that one can buy cheaper than elsewhere. Guess the 1.5mTHB price tag kills that?

First, you can only really compare the top spec 3.2L Titanium+ model, as the lower models don't have direct'ish equivalents in different markets.

Philippines: 1,560,000 Baht (PHP 1,999,000)

Thailand: 1,599,000 Baht

South Africa: 1,721,000 Baht (ZAR 646,900)

Malaysia: 2,042,000 Baht (RM 240,000 - note: anticipated price, official pricing not announced)

Australia: 2,182,000 Baht (AUD $84,529)

New Zealand: 2,065,000+ Baht (NZD $87,990 + on road costs)

Prices based on current mid-market rates, and it should be noted that:

The Australian variant gets a few more features on top of the Thai version (adaptive cruise, lane keeping assist, and the ability to read speed limit signs).

The Philippines market version misses out on several features - it's closer to the 1,459,000 Baht 3.2L Titanium spec here, just with DRL's and ambient lighting added.

All markets have some small differences like these....

In short, if you can buy one this year, Thai pricing can't be beaten. Next year with the tax increases though, Philippines becomes cheaper.

Edited by IMHO

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ace of Pop, on 08 Oct 2015 - 11:10, said:

Realy nice,but get some Quality Clear Film ,if You drive in adverse and night conditions. Looks like that free crap to me,it soon crinkles . Love the Colour,nice change from everyday stuff.thumbsup.gif

Was it the free film? or did you get something extra? Let up know what it's like at night please and did you put any film on the moon roof?

Great looking SUV, like the Colour too, I think it's the Colour to have.

I just wish it was a Toyota, then I'd have one too. smile.png

So far, I'm happy with taking "the Ford risk".

I sleep at night knowing I've got the best PPV sitting in the garage, not wondering what might have been.

Time will only tell if it's going to bite me back though :P

...and offer Rocket Launchers as Freebies.[emoji379]

That's difficult for the company. End customer may wish to have russian or american equipment installed, incompatible. Some may ask for chinese, because cheaper....go figure :D

...and offer Rocket Launchers as Freebies.[emoji379]

That's difficult for the company. End customer may wish to have russian or american equipment installed, incompatible. Some may ask for chinese, because cheaper....go figure biggrin.png

Velly Clever those Nips, the Freebe Floormats and GPS have a " Mecca this Way " program installed "..gigglem.gif

Well, 2 days of ownership and have driven today from Khao Yai to Pattaya for the weekend. Here's the report.

Sales

Got the 20k discount as we own a Focus. Had 3M film fitted, had the same on our Fortuner for 6 years, no hint of an issue. 60 on the sides, 40 on the front. I bought the extra 2 years, 40,000kms warranty for 21,000 baht. So total of 5 years, 140,000 kms warranty. Got the usual cheapy floor mats. Wife has seen a site where they are making custom mats and will do the Everest soon. I also got the dash cam fitted, B4500. They run the wire into the roof and down to the cigarette lighter point so no dangly cable. I already have the manual, thanks to the Aussie manual upload on this thread, thanks again. The salesman was a bit crestfallen when I started explaining how all the features worked to him.

So, I will do likes and dislikes.

Likes first:

Engine performance is great, goes as well as my old chipped fortuner. Gearbox is great. I have answered one of my earlier questions, when you put the shift into S, it alters the gear change timing, same as our Focus, it will hold the gear when you lift off the throttle rather than changing up, and changes down quicker when you need it. The manual up/down shift works fine. Steering is very good, great turning circle for a big lump. Feels very very planted on the road, Coming down the 9 and chonburi motorway today over those canal bridges at 130, it did not skip about or go loose on the road. Very very impressed by the handling as it is such a big heavy car. Love the interior, steering wheel is nice and chunky. all the wheel controls are easy to use, I can do it all by feel after todays run. Cruise control is excellent, very responsive. The touchscreen is good, but gets a bit busy in places. I had my phone synced in 5 minutes and the phonebook downloaded in no time. Works a treat. Easy to reach USB points, plenty of power sockets. Wing mirrors are huge and well shaped, almost no blind spot on them. The blind spot assist is such a nice feature that could save a side hit, especially when being undercut here. Auto dimming rear view mirror, a godsend. Auto lights and wipers, just great. Seats are very comfortable, 8 position on both front chairs, centre arm rest very soft, unlike my old rock hard Fortuner one. Daughter likes the back seat, rear aircon etc, nice proper power socket in the back. The auto tailgate is great, never will get tired of playing with that, same as the folding rear seats. Sunroof very nice, we have great weather in Khao Yai and will use it lots.

Dislikes.

Not many and mostly silly niggles. First, why no damn satnav....ok, thats done with that one. Now an odd one, when you leave something plugged into a power socket and turn the ignition off, it does not cut the power to the socket for 75 minutes. So the dashcam runs for 75 minutes after each turn off. Same if the Garmin satnav is plugged in. Never seen that before on a car. All my others have cut power as soon as you turn off the ignition fully. I guess it has a very good battery life to be able to power the tailgate etc with the engine off. Next, would have been nicer to have a slightly softer material on the top on the door trims, where you rest your right elbow when driving. The Focus is much softer, Everest is hard plastic. The lower level, where the handle is is nice and soft.

Other than those few, I love it. Best damn car I have owned by a long shot. Was well worth the wait. Cant think of anything I want to modify or change on it. Wife wants the chrome trim around the rear lights but I am not sure. Luckily have not seen for sale yet.

Must read that manual when I get home on Sunday and play with all the bits I have missed.

Nice report Disting. A few things spring to mind:

I'm surprised you didn't get some nice carpet mats. In the Wildtrak we got them and rubber mats over the top to use during the wet season. I really hope they're hiding under the rubber mats, but bad luck if not.

I read online somewhere that Ford will release SEA satnav map before the end of the year (sorry, I can't find the link now).

And finally, do not get those tacky, shitty bits of chromed plastic - only a Fortuner owner could possibly think they look good.

Edited by JaseTheBass

Well, 2 days of ownership and have driven today from Khao Yai to Pattaya for the weekend. Here's the report.

Sales

Got the 20k discount as we own a Focus. Had 3M film fitted, had the same on our Fortuner for 6 years, no hint of an issue. 60 on the sides, 40 on the front. I bought the extra 2 years, 40,000kms warranty for 21,000 baht. So total of 5 years, 140,000 kms warranty. Got the usual cheapy floor mats. Wife has seen a site where they are making custom mats and will do the Everest soon. I also got the dash cam fitted, B4500. They run the wire into the roof and down to the cigarette lighter point so no dangly cable. I already have the manual, thanks to the Aussie manual upload on this thread, thanks again. The salesman was a bit crestfallen when I started explaining how all the features worked to him.

So, I will do likes and dislikes.

Likes first:

Engine performance is great, goes as well as my old chipped fortuner. Gearbox is great. I have answered one of my earlier questions, when you put the shift into S, it alters the gear change timing, same as our Focus, it will hold the gear when you lift off the throttle rather than changing up, and changes down quicker when you need it. The manual up/down shift works fine. Steering is very good, great turning circle for a big lump. Feels very very planted on the road, Coming down the 9 and chonburi motorway today over those canal bridges at 130, it did not skip about or go loose on the road. Very very impressed by the handling as it is such a big heavy car. Love the interior, steering wheel is nice and chunky. all the wheel controls are easy to use, I can do it all by feel after todays run. Cruise control is excellent, very responsive. The touchscreen is good, but gets a bit busy in places. I had my phone synced in 5 minutes and the phonebook downloaded in no time. Works a treat. Easy to reach USB points, plenty of power sockets. Wing mirrors are huge and well shaped, almost no blind spot on them. The blind spot assist is such a nice feature that could save a side hit, especially when being undercut here. Auto dimming rear view mirror, a godsend. Auto lights and wipers, just great. Seats are very comfortable, 8 position on both front chairs, centre arm rest very soft, unlike my old rock hard Fortuner one. Daughter likes the back seat, rear aircon etc, nice proper power socket in the back. The auto tailgate is great, never will get tired of playing with that, same as the folding rear seats. Sunroof very nice, we have great weather in Khao Yai and will use it lots.

Dislikes.

Not many and mostly silly niggles. First, why no damn satnav....ok, thats done with that one. Now an odd one, when you leave something plugged into a power socket and turn the ignition off, it does not cut the power to the socket for 75 minutes. So the dashcam runs for 75 minutes after each turn off. Same if the Garmin satnav is plugged in. Never seen that before on a car. All my others have cut power as soon as you turn off the ignition fully. I guess it has a very good battery life to be able to power the tailgate etc with the engine off. Next, would have been nicer to have a slightly softer material on the top on the door trims, where you rest your right elbow when driving. The Focus is much softer, Everest is hard plastic. The lower level, where the handle is is nice and soft.

Other than those few, I love it. Best damn car I have owned by a long shot. Was well worth the wait. Cant think of anything I want to modify or change on it. Wife wants the chrome trim around the rear lights but I am not sure. Luckily have not seen for sale yet.

Must read that manual when I get home on Sunday and play with all the bits I have missed.

The power staying on thing is "up to 75 minutes" - the car monitors battery voltage, and will cut power sooner than that if it's getting low. With a dashcam it's actually a great feature to have - it means you've got video coverage while parked for most stops. Not so great with a Garmin though, yeah - that's just wasting electricity.

There is switched ACC power in the car though - I'll show you how I found and used it when the sun comes up smile.png

If your wife ever pairs up her phone, there will be one more gripe to add: Thai characters in phone book entries do not display.

Oh and Congrats! It's also nice not the be the only owner here now :P

I'll go fetch you a link to those tacky chrome bits, stand by :D :D :D

Edited by IMHO

Next, would have been nicer to have a slightly softer material on the top on the door trims, where you rest your right elbow when driving. The Focus is much softer, Everest is hard plastic. The lower level, where the handle is is nice and soft.

Yeah, the mis-match of high-end and 'durable' materials is my biggest gripe... some surfaces are lovely and as good as it gets, others are taxi spec... Maybe Ford should give the Everest the "Vignale" treatment instead of the Mondeo?

They'd probably get my money again if they did....

https://vignale.ford.co.uk/

Edited by IMHO

I didn't think the door top plastic was that bad (assuming its the same as the WT). Just done 7 or so hours driving to Pai and back and was very comfy. Saw a new Everest at a coffee shop but he'd left by the time I'd finished watering the python.

Edited by JaseTheBass

I didn't think the door top plastic was that bad (assuming its the same as the WT). Just done 7 or so hours driving to Pai and back and was very comfy. Saw a new Everest at a coffee shop but he'd left by the time I'd finished watering the python.

Don't get me wrong - you can't really expect anything more from this price/segment... it's just that there's areas where the Everest really 'steps-up', and they highlight the areas where it doesn't.

Give me the Vignale version Ford - I'll pay the extra.

I got my dashcam connected to the dimming mirror, switches of when the ignition goes off. Just need a short cable and 5V regulator. Maybe something you want to change.

Hi Mac

Would you be able to post a pic of how that was wired up. Also, where did you get the 5v regulator from.

Thanks