Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

21 hours ago, Yorkie said:

For information.

I renewed my British passport late last year and had the data transferred from the old one at Surin Immigration in May 2020. Whilst at the office I also notified my address for my 90 day report. Today I notified my next report on line (due 23rd August 2020) and it appears that it will be successful.

My report was approved at 16:00 yesterday. They were probably busy.

So you have been able to do an online report with a new passport without leaving the country and re-entering on your new passport ?

This is something new as from what I have read previously , this was not possible to do.

1 hour ago, NE1 said:

So you have been able to do an online report with a new passport without leaving the country and re-entering on your new passport ?

This is something new as from what I have read previously , this was not possible to do.

I believe that a number of members have accomplished similar on-line reporting since March when I understand the software was updated.

1 hour ago, NE1 said:

There have indeed been some recent reports from people being able to use the on-line 90-day reporting website with a new passport and not having re-entered Thailand on it yet (so using their old TM6 entry/departure card with the new passport, and this being accepted).

• Like 1

On 8/15/2020 at 8:37 AM, Peter Denis said:

There have indeed been some recent reports from people being able to use the on-line 90-day reporting website with a new passport and not having re-entered Thailand on it yet (so using their old TM6 entry/departure card with the new passport, and this being accepted).

Will the next revelation be TM6 cards dated prior to 2013 being accepted? Surely if an existing TM6 (after 2013) can be aligned with a new passport, it's not rocket science for a TM6 card issued before 2013 to be aligned with a passport? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Will the next revelation be TM6 cards dated prior to 2013 being accepted? Surely if an existing TM6 (after 2013) can be aligned with a new passport, it's not rocket science for a TM6 card issued before 2013 to be aligned with a passport? 

Why would you want a tm6 almost 10 yrs old to be recognised?

Edited by Olmate

5 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Why would you want a tm6 almost 10 yrs old to be recognised?

The TM6s of entries in Thailand before 2013, are not in the 90-days database which was set up at that time.  Therefore when not having left Thailand for more than 7 years, you are not able to make use of the on-line 90-day reporting system as your data are not in the system.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

The TM6s of entries in Thailand before 2013, are not in the 90-days database which was set up at that time.  Therefore when not having left Thailand for more than 7 years, you are not able to make use of the on-line 90-day reporting system as your data are not in the system.

But surely an ancient TM6 number could be re-associated with a current passport with a simple manual entry during an in-person or mail-in report?

That said, it is good that they've addressed the new passport thing.

8 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

This is what I don't understand .

If your TM6 is not in the system surely when you go in person to do your extension/90 day report it can be entered into the system .

The TM6 is in your passport , how hard can it be to enter another TM6 into the said system , isn't Thailand supposed to be a S.E.Asia technical hub ?

Edited by NE1

32 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

But surely an ancient TM6 number could be re-associated with a current passport with a simple manual entry during an in-person or mail-in report?

That said, it is good that they've addressed the new passport thing.

30 minutes ago, NE1 said:

This is what I don't understand .

If your TM6 is not in the system surely when you go in person to do your extension/90 day report it can be entered into the system .

The TM6 is in your passport , how hard can it be to enter another TM6 into the said system , isn't Thailand supposed to be a S.E.Asia technical hub ?

I agree that normally you would expect that it would be possible to enter the pre-2013 TM6 in the system, but maybe the TM6 database system is not accessible by local IOs.

For sure, those that didn't leave Thailand for more than 7 years, have enquired about it at their local IO because the hassle of doing the 90-day reports in person or by regular mail is quite inconvenient when it is a 5-minute job doing it on-line.

10 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

I agree that normally you would expect that it would be possible to enter the pre-2013 TM6 in the system, but maybe the TM6 database system is not accessible by local IOs.

My point exactly , in these times of super duper technology shouldn't all the data bases be accessible to all the relevant parties ?

18 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

The problem for those that entered prior to 2013 have no record in the database the online system checks.

Immigration may be able to change the record if it was in the database but they cannot create a new entry to the country that the database is created from.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

My TM6 is dated 2008 and I have not left Thailand since then, my passport was renewed 2016

I do my 90 reporting online without any problems.

That's quite remarkable and will interest several who are unable to use the online 90-day reporting function because of long-time not leaving Thailand.

Two questions:

- What is your IO?

- Did you do anything special at your IO or elsewhere to enable you doing this?

2 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

That's quite remarkable and will interest several who are unable to use the online 90-day reporting function because of long-time not leaving Thailand.

Two questions:

- What is your IO?

- Did you do anything special at your IO or elsewhere to enable you doing this?

I entered Thailand 2007 from UK aged 49 on a multi-entry visa, with my Thai wife of 5 years.
The first year I border hopped into Cambodia to get my 90 days stamp.
I then changed my visa to that of retirement at age 50 [with my last TM6 dated 2008] 

I renewed my passport in 2016.
My IO is Rai Khing office which serves Nakhon Pathom.
I did nothing special to gain this other than to do my annual renewal, and change details when I received my new passport.

I have not used any other office.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have used the 90 day online reporting several times in the past year and half, but I am unable to access it in the past week.  FireFox my browser will not let me access the link posted on the immigration site because of this: 

Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead

Firefox detected an issue and did not continue to extranet.immigration.go.th. The website is either misconfigured or your computer clock is set to the wrong time.

It’s likely the website’s certificate is expired, which prevents Firefox from connecting securely. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.

Chiang Rai Immigration tells me that cannot use FireFox to access it, must use IE.  But my computer does not have IE, Microsoft upgraded to Microsoft Edge.  I tried it and it came back with: 

Your connection isn't private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from extranet.immigration.go.th (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

She then recommended downloading the APP to my phone and use it.  I did so but when I started it, it came back and said:  CAN NOT CONNECT

So I tried using my phone internet service and opened the link it found, it said: Your Clock Is Ahead   A private connection to extranet.immigration.co.th can't be established because your device's date and time are incorrect.   NET:ERR_CERT_DATE INVALID

So has anyone had these problems??  Nothing I have will allow a connection due to the government link not having the http// in front of it.  There is nothing wrong with the date and time on my equipment, 

7 hours ago, sactime said:

I have used the 90 day online reporting several times in the past year and half, but I am unable to access it in the past week.  FireFox my browser will not let me access the link posted on the immigration site because of this: 

Firefox detected an issue and did not continue to extranet.immigration.go.th. The website is either misconfigured or your computer clock is set to the wrong time.

It’s likely the website’s certificate is expired, which prevents Firefox from connecting securely. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.

If I remember correctly you can bypass the Firefox block by either pressing "advanced" or "help". I cannot replicate it now as once the block has been bypassed, the warning ceases for future access.

8 hours ago, sactime said:

<Snip>

Chiang Rai Immigration tells me that cannot use FireFox to access it, must use IE.  But my computer does not have IE, Microsoft upgraded to Microsoft Edge. 

<End_of_Snip>

IE is still part of Windows 10. It is under Windows Accessories. You can enable/disable it in Turn Windows features on or off.

Image1.jpg

Control Panel>>All Control Panel Items>>Programs and Features

Image2.jpg

Edited by Mutt Daeng
Relocated my comment from snipped quote.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, sactime said:

Chiang Rai Immigration tells me that cannot use FireFox to access it, must use IE. 

It does not matter what browser you use.

You are still going to get that message until immigration renews its certificate.

Just click whatever comes up to go on the site and ignore the warning.

This is what I get when using IE tab on Chrome that emulates Internet Explorer.

image.png.78845a1b8513a9440c50423dc5206e05.png

Note that this is not the first they have let it expire or what they had was considered invalid.

On 8/16/2020 at 10:27 AM, ubonjoe said:

The problem for those that entered prior to 2013 have no record in the database the online system checks.

Immigration may be able to change the record if it was in the database but they cannot create a new entry to the country that the database is created from.

I disagree with your contention that pre-2013 entry to Thailand is not in the database. When you go to the Immigration Bureau to do a 90-day report in person the official enters your application into a computer.

Therefore your data is in the computer. IB has excluded you from 90-day reporting by not enabling your reporting online.

17 minutes ago, Advocate said:

I disagree with your contention that pre-2013 entry to Thailand is not in the database. When you go to the Immigration Bureau to do a 90-day report in person the official enters your application into a computer.

Therefore your data is in the computer. IB has excluded you from 90-day reporting by not enabling your reporting online.

I am only repeating what immigration told me by email shortly after online reporting first started.

What your local offices puts into their computer is not linked to the online reporting site. The database the online system checks when submitting page one of the application is created by entries to the country.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Advocate said:

I disagree with your contention that pre-2013 entry to Thailand is not in the database.

Entries prior to 2013 are in a different entry database that is not compatible with the new database used from 2013 onwards.

When you submit a 90 day in person or by mail, your IO can check their local database, from details which they collected from your first visit to Immigration.

The online system can only access the new database to confirm your original entry, hence if you entered pre 2013 your record of entry cannot be found and you'll get the message to report to your IO.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

When you submit a 90 day in person or by mail, your IO can check their local database, from details which they collected from your first visit to Immigration.

The online system can only access the new database to confirm your original entry, hence if you entered pre 2013 your record of entry cannot be found and you'll get the message to report to your IO.

My last date of entry TM6 was 2009, I have not exited Thailand since.
I have done multiple visits to the IO office in Rai Khing which serves my province nakhon pathom.

Since 2013 I have done online 90 reports without any problems.

2016 I renewed my passport, went to the IO office and had the details/stamp entered into my new passport.

Online is still not a problem.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Since 2013 I have done online 90 reports without any problems.

Bull****!

The online 90 day reporting system didn't go live until April 2015.

20 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

2016 I renewed my passport, went to the IO office and had the details/stamp entered into my new passport.

Yes, so your details were amended and entered in the new system.

You've done online since then, not before.

14 hours ago, sactime said:

Chiang Rai Immigration tells me that cannot use FireFox to access it, must use IE.  But my computer does not have IE, Microsoft upgraded to Microsoft Edge.  I tried it and it came back with: 

Your connection isn't private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from extranet.immigration.go.th (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

She then recommended downloading the APP to my phone and use it.  I did so but when I started it, it came back and said:  CAN NOT CONNECT

So I tried using my phone internet service and opened the link it found, it said: Your Clock Is Ahead   A private connection to extranet.immigration.co.th can't be established because your device's date and time are incorrect.   NET:ERR_CERT_DATE INVALID

So has anyone had these problems??  Nothing I have will allow a connection due to the government link not having the http// in front of it.  There is nothing wrong with the date and time on my equipment, 

Certificate expired on 14th of August. Nice going, immigration.

I don't see what difference IE/firefox/chrome does. If you trace the http calls, they are very simple HTTP POSTs. There's very little javascript there, too and no flash or ancient activex that I can see. It's an excuse for a crappy backend.

15 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Certificate expired on 14th of August. Nice going, immigration.

I don't see what difference IE/firefox/chrome does. If you trace the http calls, they are very simple HTTP POSTs. There's very little javascript there, too and no flash or ancient activex that I can see. It's an excuse for a crappy backend.

I ran into the "expired certificate" error message the other day also, when I was trying to pull up an old reporting confirmation under my profile in the online reporting system. 

Submitted online my application for the 90-day report this morning and received an email approval in less than 30 minutes. Wow, super fast! I submitted online via Chrome on my laptop. (This is my second report since I started using my new passport earlier this year and the first 90-day report was done in person at CW).

Edited by JuanCF

Hi

So I also needed to do my 90 day reporting during the period where we didn't have to and I'm pretty sure I'm locked out of online reporting too after trying earlier this month

Do I have to go in person or can I do a mail in?

On 8/18/2020 at 1:59 PM, DrTuner said:

I don't see what difference IE/firefox/chrome does. If you trace the http calls, they are very simple HTTP POSTs. There's very little javascript there, too and no flash or ancient activex that I can see.

It does make a difference. When people realized that using a secure connection ("https://") was better than a plain TCP connection, it was a problem that vast numbers of existing URLs still said to be insecure ("http://"). If your browser lets you install "add-on" code, it may have a package like

https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere

which automatically makes the browser use a secure connection even though the URL is written as insecure. Your browser may or may not allow add-ons, it may or may not have one like this, the add-on may or may not be turned on by default, you may or may not remember turning it on yourself. If you're curious enough, install something like WireShark, and watch how each of your browsers actually connects to immigration. The EFF add-on gives you a visual indication on the web page when it "promotes" an insecure connection.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2020 at 11:35 PM, sactime said:

Chiang Rai Immigration tells me that cannot use FireFox to access it, must use IE.  But my computer does not have IE, Microsoft upgraded to Microsoft Edge.

Nothing I have will allow a connection due to the government link not having the http// in front of it.

IE 10 running unmodified on an old copy of Windows may, at least by default, not check security certificates and so let you through, whereas a current copy of Firefox, as well as Edge, is fairly sure to do proper checking, notice the expired certificate, and thus complain and block your access. The immigration office probably wants you to go back to IE 10 because they have noticed that this "works", without understanding that the reason is the lack of certificate checking in the ancient browser. Certificates have an expire date, and the company you buy it from should start pestering you long before then to renew it, so the person in charge must be a total moron. Ask immiration to open up his brain case and push the "ON" switch.

A browser may show an abbreviated version of a URL. The protocol type word like "http://" is in the URL, the browser is just not showing it, to save space. If you copy such a short URL from the URL entry text box, and paste it into Notepad, you'll see the protocol word magically appear again.

Edited by dave s
  • Thanks 1