Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

8 minutes ago, Advocate said:

No. I am using the last entry date December 2014

yes mine is April 2014

I think someone may have entered your new passport on the system manually - something I believe they can do if they really wanted too - I have asked every time I do 90 day in the office and the IO just shakes his head, it should be part of the process when getting stamps etc transferred - registering your new passport on their database properly 

I think one of several things - he is either just lazy and couldn't be arsed or he doesn't know how to do it or doesn't realise that he can and hasn't been trained or shown

If as you say you have never crossed a border since new passport you are the exception - and I think just lucky

1 hour ago, Advocate said:

No. I am using the last entry date December 2014.

What passport number did you use? If you used your old one you would have a record in the database for the entry.

But immigration will not approve it since it will not match your previous reports done.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Advocate said:

No. I am using the last entry date December 2014.

I complained to the Immigration Bureau about 90 day reporting online. It is possible that they might be just fixing the issue for the people who complain by manually changing the system to accept the passport number of new passports.

I had the blank screen issues several times yesterday before the system accepted my submission which implies the system might have been undergoing change. It is credible that upgrades to the system would be performed on weekends when IB officials are not present giving programmers uninterrupted access to the system.

I did a status check using my passport number today and the entry is recognized and still reports pending. That is 2 consecutive days that I have been able to enter the system using my new passport number whereas previously it did not recognize my new passport number. I expect the pending won't progress to approved until next week during normal business hours.

Hi Advocate,

Thanks for your report.

IO has indeed updated the 90-day on-line reporting system lately, because they enlarged the submission window from 15 days till 7 days before due date to 15 days till actual due date.

So it is indeed possible that they now enabled a manual insertion of passport-data into the system.  

To fully understand the circumstances I have a couple of questions:

1 - WHEN did you get your new passport and WHERE (abroad or at your embassy in BKK) did you get it?

2 - When submitting your data in the on-line 90-day reporting system, did you use the number of the TM-6 entry/departure card of your last entry into Thailand (december 2014)?

3 - What is your local IO?

Please do keep us posted on status of your on-line 90-day notification.

Note: Be aware that it is only 'done' when the status is ACCEPTED and you are able to download the receipt of notification which shows your next reporting date (that receipt has to be kept in your passport).

8 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

IO has indeed updated the 90-day on-line reporting system lately, because they enlarged the submission window from 15 days till 7 days before due date to 15 days till actual due date.

That would not have to be changed since as far as I know the system does not have access to your any record of your previous reporting when you submit page one. They only changed the date your local office will accept and approve the report.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2020 at 2:35 PM, david2923 said:

Hello, I am new to this site.

US Citizen, I have a Thai marriage visa. My last entry date 12/5/2019 into Thailand DMK, I had to do the 90 day report by March 3rd. 

I tried to do the 90 reporting for the first time online last Friday Feb 21. I tried again on Feb 24, so I was within the 15 to 7 days at the time of reporting  . I did the TM47 online for and after entry of data on 1 step (All Correct) I either get no message or a message reading "This site says.... For further information regarding the 90 day Notification Report Service, Please contact the Immigration Service in your Area..... Ok"

I just came from the Nonthaburi immigration office and completed the checkin with no problem today Feb 26. Now I have till May 25 2020. 

I inquired as to why I could not do it online, and 4 immigration people had not idea why, HMMMM?

Does anyone out there know why this Online checkin did not work for me? I assure all my ducks are in a line as we say in the US. Please ask if there is any other info you require, really hope someone can assist me.

Warm Regards to all

It is because your first 90 day report must be done in person

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I remember getting the advice to do my very first 90-day report in person, because otherwise 'I would not be able to submit them on-line afterwards'.  So I did.

However, I also recall a poster stating that he did his very first 90-day report by mail and afterwards was able to do it on-line.

31 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

I remember getting the advice to do my very first 90-day report in person, because otherwise 'I would not be able to submit them on-line afterwards'.  So I did.

However, I also recall a poster stating that he did his very first 90-day report by mail and afterwards was able to do it on-line.

You would of been able to do the 1st report online but immigration would not approve it due to them not having a record of doing reports before.

By mail you send copies of your passport pages, TM6 departure card and a completed TM47 which would be enough for them to do the report. Online they can only see the info you entered.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You would of been able to do the 1st report online but immigration would not approve it due to them not having a record of doing reports before.

By mail you send copies of your passport pages, TM6 departure card and a completed TM47 which would be enough for them to do the report. Online they can only see the info you entered.

Crystal clear now. 

I will update my 90-day On-line Report Troubleshooting Guide (post #5099) with that additional info.

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

To be precise, the first one after every new passport. I also had to had one done (using an agent was ok though, so it's a complete brainfart, immigration is not checking if you are really here) after I got a new passport, last month.

14 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Hi Advocate,

Thanks for your report.

So it is indeed possible that they now enabled a manual insertion of passport-data into the system.  

To fully understand the circumstances I have a couple of questions:

1 - WHEN did you get your new passport and WHERE (abroad or at your embassy in BKK) did you get it?

2 - When submitting your data in the on-line 90-day reporting system, did you use the number of the TM-6 entry/departure card of your last entry into Thailand (december 2014)?

3 - What is your local IO?

Please do keep us posted on status of your on-line 90-day notification.

Note: Be aware that it is only 'done' when the status is ACCEPTED and you are able to download the receipt of notification which shows your next reporting date (that receipt has to be kept in your passport).

1. May 2019 Australian Embassy Bangkok;
  2. Yes
  3. CW

Will advise on progress of submission.

On 4/15/2020 at 9:53 AM, Peter Denis said:

However, when you do your 90-day reporting on-line it is recommended to do it during your reporting window (16 April till 1 May),

I was under the impression that the online window was between 15 and 7 days before the report date.

Not 15 days before and up to the report date.

Confirmation of the online window will be appreciated. Thanks.

Further but a different question that may be unanswerable. 

I entered my last online report on April 08,2020 12:48 PM (TH) it is approved with a next report date of 15 May 2020 / 15 พ.ค. 2563 the date my current extension expires. 

However I have (on the 16th) applied for an extension and have been given an under consideration stamp of 60 days (14th June! I use Udon)

I know that the in person reporting suspension will probably be extended (maybe to the end of May and beyond ) does anyone have an opinion about the possibility of doing an online report?

i assume that if the in person reporting suspension is extended it is absolute. (Unlike the automatic extension of permissions to stay, which are “automatic, but only if............)

Isn’t Thailand’s immigration a wonder to behold????

3 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

I entered my last online report on April 08,2020 12:48 PM (TH) it is approved with a next report date of 15 May 2020 / 15 พ.ค. 2563 the date my current extension expires. 

Are you sure of the dates. Never known a 90 day address report being only for one month rather than 90 days, and aligned to extension expiry. 

26 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Are you sure of the dates. Never known a 90 day address report being only for one month rather than 90 days, and aligned to extension expiry. 

Yes.

You have now!

And aligning with the extension expiry is usual in Udon

5196BB2E-E376-415E-BC81-F64C6DFF2014.png.1de342cbba076bac76af49b3abe73658.pngC03B486B-F01C-4FF0-92A1-27BEB4E0C876.jpeg.1c14d331d617238c0264b47dc85f7b85.jpeg

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

I was under the impression that the online window was between 15 and 7 days before the report date.

Not 15 days before and up to the report date.

Confirmation of the online window will be appreciated. Thanks.

Changed recently...early April, making it easier to use the OL systems.

image.png.9030c87d4e6654f3b2e81d10d57d6a14.png

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Advocate said:
  1. May 2019 Australian Embassy Bangkok;
  2. Yes
  3. CW

Will advise on progress of submission.

Thanks for your response in post #5148 on my questions for clarification re your particular case.

It is now crystal clear, and it is as good as certain that the on-line submission of your 90-day report will NOT be accepted by your local IO (CW).

The reason being that there is no link between your new passport, issued May 2019 at the Australian Embassy in BB, and the TM-6 arrival/departure card you obtained the last time you entered Thailand in December 2014.

In order to link your TM-6 arrival/departure card to your new passport, you will need to exit and re-enter Thailand and on entry your NEW TM-6 arrival/departure card will then be linked to the passport with which you entered the country.

Having done so, you will then have to do your very first 90-day report on that new passport either in person or by mail.  And it is only after IO will thus have the actual copies of the documents you submitted, that IO will be able to match them with subsequent on-line 90-day report submissions.

Also please note that even if you received an APPROVED e-mail or downloaded an APPROVED notification after having successfully submitted your data, this could put you on the wrong foot.

Your 90-day report has only been APPROVED when you are able to download the Receipt Notification with your next-appointment, and as long as the status shows PENDING it has not been actually approved.

Edited by Peter Denis

Just in case you have an O-A and don't want to look thru 344 pages, the best link is below, all other links I've see take you to a site that is so complicated it's near useless. BTW, I filled out the form yesterday and got an approval email this morning. PDF's for approval and for next appointment can be downloaded. I'm truly amazed!

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do?cmd=acceptTerm

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

However I have (on the 16th) applied for an extension and have been given an under consideration stamp of 60 days (14th June! I use Udon)

I know that the in person reporting suspension will probably be extended (maybe to the end of May and beyond ) does anyone have an opinion about the possibility of doing an online report?

Although they sync the 90-day reporting date with the extension expiry date (probably to allow people to do it in one-go when applying for their next extension), they are not related.

Since you stated that you successfully did your on-line 90-day report previous time, you simply need to submit your next on-line 90-day report during the 1 May till 15 May due date window.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

My last report was approved on line. Submitted and approved same date, 15th April 2020. Next reporting date 6th June 2020, the same date that my passport expires and also when my current extension expires.

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

Although they sync the 90-day reporting date with the extension expiry date (probably to allow people to do it in one-go when applying for their next extension), they are not related.

Since you stated that you successfully did your on-line 90-day report previous time, you simply need to submit your next on-line 90-day report during the 1 May till 15 May due date window.

The sync of the 90 day report is, in the case of a marriage extension, completely pointless as the under consideration period will always be after the synched date. TIT

& I intend to try online but it’s going to be interesting as it may only be for a couple of days 

Edited by sometimewoodworker

50 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

My last report was approved on line. Submitted and approved same date, 15th April 2020. Next reporting date 6th June 2020, the same date that my passport expires and also when my current extension expires.

A passport finish date is a rather different case, so not surprising.

2 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

It is now crystal clear, and it is as good as certain that the on-line submission of your 90-day report will NOT be accepted by your local IO (CW).

The reason being that there is no link between your new passport, issued May 2019 at the Australian Embassy in BB, and the TM-6 arrival/departure card you obtained the last time you entered Thailand in December 2014.

totally disagree with this

The actual approval is a manual process at IO - no different than if he went in person - so it will be approved because he was able to actually submit the application through the online system, the question still remains - how did the online system work with his new passport if he has not used it to enter the country - that as yet is unanswered

2 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Thanks for your response in post #5148 on my questions for clarification re your particular case.

In order to link your TM-6 arrival/departure card to your new passport, you will need to exit and re-enter Thailand and on entry your NEW TM-6 arrival/departure card will then be linked to the passport with which you entered the country.

Having done so, you will then have to do your very first 90-day report on that new passport either in person or by mail.  And it is only after IO will thus have the actual copies of the documents you submitted, that IO will be able to match them with subsequent on-line 90-day report submissions.

Also please note that even if you received an APPROVED e-mail or downloaded an APPROVED notification after having successfully submitted your data, this could put you on the wrong foot.

Your 90-day report has only been APPROVED when you are able to download the Receipt Notification with your next-appointment, and as long as the status shows PENDING it has not been actually approved.

You are 100% wrong. It was approved at 11:14 20200420. The fastest approval I have ever had online.

Attached is evidence of the email notifying approval, the online evidence of approval, and the next appointment receipt.

20200420 Approved.pdf

• Like 1

On 4/18/2020 at 5:02 PM, smedly said:

actually not correct - if he got to the "pending" status then his new passport has been accepted in the online reporting system - if it is not approved it will be for another reason 

I just tried mine again and it still does not get past the first page - I was able to do online reporting for several years until I renewed my passport - still have not left thailand on new passport - will try again tomorrow because I am right on the 15 days but I don't think it will work

Ok so as I said above I would try again when I was well inside the 15 day period and I got a result - worked flawlessly and that is on a new passport that has never stepped outside Thailand, I tried this before and it definately did not accept it but now it does so ....................something has changed 

The only part of the process that was problematic was my email address that although worked before with the extension .net would not work this time, I had to change it to .com even though that email does not exist

so will have to check manually for approval via the website as I won't be getting an email............will create a new .com email address just for this purpose in the future

3 minutes ago, Advocate said:

You are 100% wrong. It was approved at 11:14 20200420. The fastest approval I have ever had online.

Attached is evidence of the email notifying approval, the online evidence of approval, and the next appointment receipt.

20200420 Approved.pdf 339.44 kB · 2 downloads

yes and read my above post mate - I got a result now pending on a new passport - thanks for taking the time and starting this sub conversation with your post - many thanks

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, smedly said:

yes and read my above post mate - I got a result now pending on a new passport - thanks for taking the time and starting this sub conversation with your post - many thanks

You're welcome.

It is a kick in the butt for the naysayers on this string who need to go back for more intensive indoctrination.

Edited by Advocate
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Advocate said:

You're welcome.

It is a kick in the butt for the naysayers on this string who need to go back for more intensive indoctrination.

and training lol

there is only one expert on these threads and we all know who it is ????

51 minutes ago, smedly said:

totally disagree with this

The actual approval is a manual process at IO - no different than if he went in person - so it will be approved because he was able to actually submit the application through the online system, the question still remains - how did the online system work with his new passport if he has not used it to enter the country - that as yet is unanswered

All IOs are not the same wrt online 90 day report approval. At my IO (Buriram) the process is automated and after submitting my last 2 reports I got a pop-up after pressing "submit"  indicating that my report had been approved. No manual intervention. This was done before 8am on a Sunday morning.1084382689_90Day.jpg.9cab55c45f3d00770b32a82151a377a1.jpg.2451c20a068fb5182ee25c712eec871a.jpg

• Thanks 1