Options to go from Pattaya to the USA embassy in Bangkok

how241

Or if your in Pattaya (as opposed to Jombtien) take the bus from the North station on N. Pattaya to Eckamai Bus station in BKK, hop on the Sky Train to the Embassy stop (forget the name) and your there. Bus I think is around 200 Bt and Sky is maybe 50 or 100.

Or if your in Pattaya (as opposed to Jombtien) take the bus from the North station on N. Pattaya to Eckamai Bus station in BKK, hop on the Sky Train to the Embassy stop (forget the name) and your there. Bus I think is around 200 Bt and Sky is maybe 50 or 100.

It's the Ploenchit BTS, it's five stops from Ekkamai, though I echo the advice of getting off the bus earlier.

At Ploenchit exit in the direction of travel, immediately turn left, via the pedestrian bridge and the Embassy is further down that road on the right.

• Like 1

The bus is around 120 baht, not 200 baht.

As others have said, get off at Udom Suk, or if you miss that one, On Nut to avoid the traffic, and direct on the BTS from there.

Round up:

The closest BTS (skytrain) station is Ploenchit.

The closest MRT (subway) station is Lumpini.

From both its a fairly easy walk along the Lumpini park.

The embassy can hardly be missed.

A fortress as usual.

If you prefer the bus from Jomtien (nonstop, 1.5 h in light traffic, starting every full hour).

it starts at the corner of Thepprasit and Thappraya road, where the "Foodmart" is.

Thappraya being the road going downhill to Jomtien.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Thanks for everyone's help...I have some time left so I will wait until the embassy does it's next Pattaya Outreach in July, as suggested by some of the posters. Thanks for all of your suggestions.

It's the Ploenchit BTS, it's five stops from Ekkamai, though I echo the advice of getting off the bus earlier.

At Ploenchit exit in the direction of travel, immediately turn left, via the pedestrian bridge and the Embassy is further down that road on the right.

Just a minor correction. The Embassy is certainly on the right but the OP is going to renew his passport, therefore, he will need to go to the consulate, which will be on the left, across the street (Wireless Road) from the Embassy. Also be sure to make your appointment on line.

Consular outreach US Embassy.

Dusit Resort and Spa Hotel

240/2 Pattaya Beach Road,Pattaya City, Chonburi 20150, Thailand

+66 38 425 611

4 times visit per annum.

The following consular services are available during our outreach visits:

Passport renewal applications ($110.00 or Baht 3,410.00 for adult passports, and $105.00 or Baht 3, 255.00 for a childs passport). There are two options for obtaining your new passport; (a) The mail back option: There will be prepaid Thailand Post envelopes (costing Baht 80.00) available for purchase if you wish to have your passport mailed back to you. Please note your current passport MUST be submitted to the consular officer if you will be requesting this option. (cool.png Collecting in person from the Embassy: You may collect your passport in person from the Embassy in Bangkok. Or, you may give written authorization for someone to collect the passport on your behalf. Choosing this option will allow you to hold your passport until you pick up your new passport at the Embassy.

Consular outreach US Embassy.

Dusit Resort and Spa Hotel

240/2 Pattaya Beach Road,Pattaya City, Chonburi 20150, Thailand

+66 38 425 611

4 times visit per annum.

The following consular services are available during our outreach visits:

Passport renewal applications ($110.00 or Baht 3,410.00 for adult passports, and $105.00 or Baht 3, 255.00 for a childs passport). There are two options for obtaining your new passport; (a) The mail back option: There will be prepaid Thailand Post envelopes (costing Baht 80.00) available for purchase if you wish to have your passport mailed back to you. Please note your current passport MUST be submitted to the consular officer if you will be requesting this option. (cool.png Collecting in person from the Embassy: You may collect your passport in person from the Embassy in Bangkok. Or, you may give written authorization for someone to collect the passport on your behalf. Choosing this option will allow you to hold your passport until you pick up your new passport at the Embassy.

Thanks for the info...This will save me a trip to Bangkok.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Bus from Jomtien to Suvarnabhumi 134 Baht.

Suvarnabhumi to Maklasan with Airport Rail Link 115 Baht (?).

Taxi to embassy, less than 100 Baht (?).

Rail link to Payathai is 45 bht.