Foreign Resident Found Dead In His Apartment

britmaveric

No signs of foul play

Pattaya Mail: Boonlua Chatree http://www.pattayamail.com/current/news.shtml#hd12

Police and Sawang Boriboon personnel were called to the Nirun Condotel in Soi Arunothai following the housekeeping staff discovery of the body of a foreign resident, later identified as James Robert Citizen.

Initial examination revealed no evidence of foul play and police estimate that the foreigner had been dead for at least 2-3 days.

Police questioned the housekeeper who discovered the man, and she told them that she cleaned the outside hallway on a daily basis and noticed that he had not moved from the same position for two days. Assuming something was amiss, she called the police.

Officers and Sawang Boriboon personnel surreptitiously removed the body of the 57-year-old UK national as not to alert residents. Police suspect the man died of a heart attack in his sleep. However, the body was taken to the forensic institute for a post mortem to determine cause of death.

Initial examination revealed no evidence of foul play and police estimate that the foreigner had been dead for at least 2-3 days.

Another one? :o

Exactly!

This thread should really be titled "Yet another farang kicks in Pattaya."

It's much more exciting when they go into details, or better yet show the bodies on TV.

Is that morbid of me?

I had my English tenant die in the house we rented him last month.

Turned out to be natural causes (well, alcohol related) and was not a pleasant experience to find him after three days.

Got to say the police were very thorough spending most of the day there, and later questioning the wife and I down at the police station for 4 hours. We couldn’t tell tem too much as he had only rented the place a week or so before.

It was at first thought to be murder until a doctor from the hospital where he had been treated, said all the blood (in three rooms) was from a fatal hemorrhage. Was starting to think that I was a suspect until then. :o

His name was Charlie Liptrot, 53, from Liverpool, if anyone here knew him and did not know about this.

He had lived in Thailand since 1990.

RIP Charlie.

Police questioned the housekeeper who discovered the man, and she told them that she cleaned the outside hallway on a daily basis and noticed that he had not moved from the same position for two days. Assuming something was amiss, she called the police.

:D

Opps

Qus ? :D

How could she see his body has not moved from the same position for two days?

from outside, in the hallway ?

:o

Something is really amiss !!!!!! with that statement me think ?

R.I.P. Citizen

• 19 years later...
On 3/31/2004 at 1:38 PM, mike100 said:

Turned out to be natural causes (well, alcohol related) and was not a pleasant experience to find him after three days.

Got to say the police were very thorough spending most of the day there, and later questioning the wife and I down at the police station for 4 hours. We couldn’t tell tem too much as he had only rented the place a week or so before.

It was at first thought to be murder until a doctor from the hospital where he had been treated, said all the blood (in three rooms) was from a fatal hemorrhage. Was starting to think that I was a suspect until then. :o

His name was Charlie Liptrot, 53, from Liverpool, if anyone here knew him and did not know about this.

RIP Charlie.

Rip Charlie.

1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

It's sad to die alone like that ,and not to be found for couple of days,

maybe no friends .....

regards worgeordie

What is sad about that ?

I'd rather die on my own, rather than having someone else looking at me 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

What is sad about that ?

I'd rather die on my own, rather than having someone else looking at me 

I don't want the hospital thing with all the spinning machines and bright lights.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

On 3/26/2004 at 9:06 PM, britmaveric said:

No signs of foul play

Pattaya Mail: Boonlua Chatree http://www.pattayamail.com/current/news.shtml#hd12

Police and Sawang Boriboon personnel were called to the Nirun Condotel in Soi Arunothai following the housekeeping staff discovery of the body of a foreign resident, later identified as James Robert Citizen.

Officers and Sawang Boriboon personnel surreptitiously removed the body of the 57-year-old UK national as not to alert residents. Police suspect the man died of a heart attack in his sleep. However, the body was taken to the forensic institute for a post mortem to determine cause of death.

2 or 3 days... Hope they replace the mattress.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

That's a record 19 years after the previous post, if i had to guess who would do it, it's jimtripper

Interesting that it happened at Nirun of all places. Sounds from the description like it was a hallway cleaner who could see him sitting there through the grate security door everyone has there. You can kind of see into the units as you walk around. A lot of people leave the main door open for cross ventilation. That's the only way to get air flow. I have never seen a cleaner there, but I guess they do exist. Also, unsettling that he was only 57.

Edited by JimTripper

On 3/31/2004 at 6:00 PM, Kan Win said:

Opps

Qus ? :D

How could she see his body has not moved from the same position for two days?

from outside, in the hallway ?

:o

Something is really amiss !!!!!! with that statement me think ?

R.I.P. Citizen

Those older apartments had glass louvered windows next to the front door, she probably has a daily sneak peak. 

On 3/27/2004 at 12:03 PM, thaimee said:

to give an idea of how many Brits die in the Kingdon of Thailand it totals surprisingly 118-119 peoples. 18 i believe are suicides. i guess most are centered in Pattaya.

Interesting....is this per day, per week, per year? I thought there would be more suicides. 

On 3/31/2004 at 1:38 PM, mike100 said:

RIP Charlie.

53 years old, poor chap....RIP

13 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

That's a record 19 years after the previous post, if i had to guess who would do it, it's jimtripper

Could be a new game.

Find the oldest thread in town. 

• Haha 1