Do You Have Car Cam ?

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, do you know where else we can get the blackview dashcams now ?

Thank you.

Yes,at Zeer south of future park rangsit Large choice

Any particular floor / store for Blackview??

I shall be going there in the next few days I will let you know

Hello, do you know where else we can get the blackview dashcams now ?

Thank you.

Yes,at Zeer south of future park rangsit Large choice

Any particular floor / store for Blackview??

I shall be going there in the next few days I will let you know

Please do. If you can post a name plus a floor and shop number it would be helpful, maybe even a pic of the shop. Some prices for any models you find would be helpful.

I've looked in many of the shops there previously but haven't seen Blackview. If you find some ask about the warranty as there doesn't appear to be an official distributor for Thailand so possibly grey market...

I don't know why anyone would order one? They are all over the places in most malls around Thailand. Look at them and take your pic.

On the newer Blackvue models you need to have the International version to be sure that the GPS/speed function works in Thailand. Some of those sold here are imported from Korea and are not the International versions, even if everything is in English. No problem with the older models - the GPS works on the non-international version. Look for the badge on the box.

I disabled the speed function as I don't want to provide evidence against myself in the unlikely event that I am speeding.

Regards,

Kurt

I disabled the speed function as I don't want to provide evidence against myself in the unlikely event that I am speeding.

What about when you are not speeding and get pulled over by a cop with a faulty radar gun

Or just a bored cop who sees you barreling down the road and sees you as an easy mark.

blink.png

What about when you are not speeding and get pulled over by a cop with a faulty radar gun

Or just a bored cop who sees you barreling down the road and sees you as an easy mark.

blink.png

Fair play there Daffy.. I don't tend to argue with the guys as I just pay up and move along. My time (to me) is worth more than a few hundred baht.

Now if it was a speed cam and I was mailed a ticket, I would just refer to my LoJack vehicle tracking system that records my GPS location and speed.

thumbsup.gif

Kurt

Mine shows speed & location (GPS) if played via the manufacturers software but only shows date & time if played normally.

HTH

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought a Blackvue 650 online from Monzyshop.

As the website is in Thai i send him a email and within 2 days he responded in English and after payment i received the camera within 3 days by EMS. No problems what so ever.

When i have time i have to install it. Lets see how difficult that will be.

As the website is in Thai i send him a email and within 2 days he responded in English and after payment i received the camera within 3 days by EMS. No problems what so ever.

How much ?

How much ?

11800 Baht

How much ?

11800 Baht

Is it the DR650GW-2CH 16GB ?

If yes that is an absolute bargain.

How much ?

11800 Baht

Is it the DR650GW-2CH 16GB ?

If yes that is an absolute bargain.

Yes. Small correction, i paid 11900 Baht.

Edited by merijn

Yes... At 12,900 baht its a great bargain....

I purchased my BlackVue DR650GW-2CH online from the UK on my last visit - It cost £289 (Approx 14,500 baht at the time).

BTW: Merijin... How did you get on fitting the cam ?... I found installation quite simple, but it took approximately 1 hour in total to run the cables through the upholstery.

I purchased my BlackVue DR650GW-2CH online from the UK on my last visit - It cost £289 (Approx 14,500 baht at the time).

BTW: Merijin... How did you get on fitting the cam ?... I found installation quite simple, but it took approximately 1 hour in total to run the cables through the upholstery.

I'm not home yet :-( Let you know when it is installed but should not be a big problem for most people.

Through the upholstery? I don't get it. If it's mounted high up on the windscreen it only has to be run under the roof lining and down a side pillar, doesn't it?

Through the upholstery? I don't get it. If it's mounted high up on the windscreen it only has to be run under the roof lining and down a side pillar, doesn't it?

Thats how I ran my cables, I popped off the A-post trims and for the front cam ran the wire alongthe front off the hoodliner and down the A-Post... for the rear cam I ran the cable along the tops of the doors .... popped the door rubber off and tucked the wire into the hoodliner.

took about 30 minutes all up.

Yep... That's what I mean.

Popped the cables up inside the roof-liner and B Pillar... Ran the cables to the 12v power supply in the centre console.

Also had to run the cables for the rear cam... A little more tricky through to the rear-hatch / Tailgate...

Popped the cables up inside the roof-liner and B Pillar... Ran the cables to the 12v power supply in the centre console.

Also had to run the cables for the rear cam... A little more tricky through to the rear-hatch / Tailgate...

Upholstery = seats.

Hi,

I ordered my Blackvue 650 from ebay, shipped to my home in Thailand.

Mirage Car Audio on Ratchadapisek road in Bangkok installed it.

Works like a Charm !

cheers,

Totantaz

How much did you pay to install and can I know who is the seller ? Was a lot cheaper than in Thailand ?

Thank you.

Upholstery = seats.

Auto Upholstery = More than just the seats (Interior carpets, seats, headliners, convertible tops and roof-liners, dashboards, door panels, etc)...

However, I concede that for the more semantic amongst us a misunderstanding is readily available if you look for it passifier.gif

http://www.angieslist.com/auto-services/car-upholstery.htm

Edited by richard_smith237

• 2 weeks later...

I installed the Blackvue 650 yesterday in my Camry without any problem, I think it took about a hour and it is now connected to the cigarette lighter until I receive the power magic pro. If you have a Camry 2 tips place the rear camera low enough so the electric sunscreen clears it and the rear side post has enough space for the spare cable. I only found out that the Camry doesn't have a fuse box inside the car (or I didn't look hard enough) so the only option to connect the Power magic to the cable harness off the radio. I will report again when the Power magic is installed.

I have a Transcend dashcam and this afternoon I was stopped on the Don Mueang Expressway at the toll booth after passing a mobile camera. I am well aware of this camera location and drove past at 80 km/h. They still pulled me over. As soon as I rolled down the window the officer's eyes went straight to the dashcam and he let me drive away.

I have a Transcend dashcam and this afternoon I was stopped on the Don Mueang Expressway at the toll booth after passing a mobile camera. I am well aware of this camera location and drove past at 80 km/h. They still pulled me over. As soon as I rolled down the window the officer's eyes went straight to the dashcam and he let me drive away.

How would the dashcam confirm what speed you were driving at pj ? interested as i am thinking of getting one (Transcend that is) !

I bought this one which has had a few updates since this video was made, heres my thoughts.

I bought two of these and didnt bother using the rear camera lens just keeping the main camera, its not up there with the latest but its pretty good.

It comes with a window sucker but these are useless wont stay on more than a few days in Thai heat, they also come with a flat plate with self adhesive 3 m tape on, also useless, fall off over a week or two later, best tip take the tape off the back and araldite it onto the windscreen, Use a class 10 sd card and 32gb, I have had one card fail in 1 year so far.

I would place the camera as high up on the screen as you can not on the dash, theres way too much reflection of the cars interior plastics low down but depends on your car model

Edited by kannot

I bought this one which has had a few updates since this video was made, heres my thoughts.

I bought two of these and didnt bother using the rear camera lens just keeping the main camera, its not up there with the latest but its pretty good.

It comes with a window sucker but these are useless wont stay on more than a few days in Thai heat, they also come with a flat plate with self adhesive 3 m tape on, also useless, fall off over a week or two later, best tip take the tape off the back and araldite it onto the windscreen, Use a class 10 sd card and 32gb, I have had one card fail in 1 year so far.

I would place the camera as high up on the screen as you can not on the dash, theres way too much reflection of the cars interior plastics low down but depends on your car model

That looks quite interesting ... did you get it in Thailand or .... and approx. price .... thanks