PM Prayut reaffirms he will use Section 44 to deal with corrupt officials

webfact

PM reaffirms he will use Section 44 to deal with corrupt officials

4-21-2015-10-17-05-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha has stressed the need to invoke Section 44 to “unlock” obstacles that impede the performance of duty of the government but the special law will be exercised in a fair manner.

The above statement was told by the prime minister at a meeting of the national anti-corruption committee on Tuesday before his departure for a visit of Indonesia, said Deputy Prime Minister Visanu Kruea-ngarm.

He went on saying that there are two more lists of allegedly corrupt officials compiled by the national anti-corruption directorate which will soon be submitted to the prime minister for consideration.

He insisted that the national anti-corruption directorate had compiled the lists fairly and had no intention whatsoever to persecute or bully any officials.

The allegedly corrupt officials will be transferred to the Prime Minister’s Office pending the investigation and if they are cleared of any wrongdoings, they will be reinstated, said Dr Visanu.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-reaffirms-he-will-use-section-44-to-deal-with-corrupt-officials

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-04-22

Article 44 to be confined to administrative tasks: PM
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- ARTICLE 44 will only be used to facilitate certain administrative tasks as the government is limited by a strict timeframe, Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha said yesterday.

Prayut, who is also head of the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO), admitted that the government has had some difficulty in carrying out some tasks because the justice system "is influenced" by politics and "cannot operate properly".

Yesterday, he presided over a third meeting of the Committee on Anti-Corruption.

Before the meeting, Prayut thanked members of the public and private sector for helping to fight corruption and went on to explain his reasons for implementing Article 44.

"All the processes [related to corruption] should move forward, especially the use of regulations to find a solution to the problem. If the process remains slow, Article 44 will be used to enable a faster process. The government has a limited timeframe - however, the article will have to be carefully used," he said.

" have to admit that there are some difficulties [in carrying out the task] as the justice system has been influenced [by politics] and cannot carry on their work properly. If there is any problem, please let me know and I will consult with the Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-Ngam."

Apart from Wissanu, other key officials at the meeting yesterday were Justice Minister Paiboon Koomchaya, Deputy Defence Minister General Udomdej Sitabutr, and Prayong Preeyachitt, secretary-general of the Public Sector Anti-Corruption Commission (PACC).

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Article-44-to-be-confined-to-administrative-tasks--30258476.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-04-22

Isn't this the same list that was held back for editing the names on it 2 weeks ago. How can they lay claim to it being compiled fairly when its obvious that changes were made and deletions of names were done prior to Mr. P looking at it.

There claims just in this article about having no intention to a persecute officials stands out like a sore thumb. So the r names must have been removed from this list one would assume. What a crock since they should be the ones persecuted the most for violating peoples trust using their position.

He says himself that difficulties have been faced due to the Justice system being influenced by politicians. The judicial system is one of the first areas that needed to be reformed, you could have the strongest police force in the world, but if actual judicial system can be influenced it is useless the authorities even trying to bring people to book for wrong doing.

I thought Prayut said the other day to have trust in the judicial system....

• Like 1

He says himself that difficulties have been faced due to the Justice system being influenced by politicians. The judicial system is one of the first areas that needed to be reformed, you could have the strongest police force in the world, but if actual judicial system can be influenced it is useless the authorities even trying to bring people to book for wrong doing.

"...you could have the strongest police force in the world..."

Well it's bloody obvious that Thailand's is far from that, allowing themselves to be bought and influenced. Seems a lot of people are now being brought to book that previously were untouchable; do you attribute that to influenced judiciary or police doing their job now that their paymasters are out of power?

• Like 2

Well it's bloody obvious that Thailand's is far from that, allowing themselves to be bought and influenced. Seems a lot of people are now being brought to book that previously were untouchable; do you attribute that to influenced judiciary or police doing their job now that their paymasters are out of power?

Do you have comprehension difficulties?

I said they COULD HAVE, which they obviously don't, but even if they did, it would be useless if the justice system was shonky, hence the need to reform the justice system even before police reform or at least alongside it.

I would like you to show me the "Seems a lot of people are now being brought to book that previously were untouchable". As far as I am aware, only the CIB chief has been bought to book, not one other 'untouchable' has been charged and prosecuted with anything.

Do you have comprehension difficulties?

I said they COULD HAVE, which they obviously don't, but even if they did, it would be useless if the justice system was shonky, hence the need to reform the justice system even before police reform or at least alongside it.

I would like you to show me the "Seems a lot of people are now being brought to book that previously were untouchable". As far as I am aware, only the CIB chief has been bought to book, not one other 'untouchable' has been charged and prosecuted with anything.

No, but it seems that you have problems with present and past tense. "Being brought to brook" indicates cases being investigated and proceeding, not just those completed.

Bonanza, Tarit, Boonsong, and many others are prime examples.

• Like 1

When you think about it, it's impossible for Chan-o-cha to abuse Section 44.

Chan-o-cha has already said he is against corruption. So, it's only logical that anyone PRO-Chan-o-cha, is also against corruption, right? Use you brains, people. And, since Chan-o-cha says he is against corruption, then anyone who isn't PRO-Chan-o-cha, is PRO-corruption, and deserves punishment.

As he often says, "If you've done nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about."

Edited by No Apologist

Article 44 to be confined to administrative tasks: PM

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- ARTICLE 44 will only be used to facilitate certain administrative tasks as the government is limited by a strict timeframe, Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha said yesterday.

Prayut, who is also head of the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO), admitted that the government has had some difficulty in carrying out some tasks because the justice system "is influenced" by politics and "cannot operate properly".

Yesterday, he presided over a third meeting of the Committee on Anti-Corruption.

Before the meeting, Prayut thanked members of the public and private sector for helping to fight corruption and went on to explain his reasons for implementing Article 44.

"All the processes [related to corruption] should move forward, especially the use of regulations to find a solution to the problem. If the process remains slow, Article 44 will be used to enable a faster process. The government has a limited timeframe - however, the article will have to be carefully used," he said.

" have to admit that there are some difficulties [in carrying out the task] as the justice system has been influenced [by politics] and cannot carry on their work properly. If there is any problem, please let me know and I will consult with the Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-Ngam."

Apart from Wissanu, other key officials at the meeting yesterday were Justice Minister Paiboon Koomchaya, Deputy Defence Minister General Udomdej Sitabutr, and Prayong Preeyachitt, secretary-general of the Public Sector Anti-Corruption Commission (PACC).

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Article-44-to-be-confined-to-administrative-tasks--30258476.html

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2015-04-22

Well he should start at the customs offices. He will have the jails filled in no time. Then work down to immigration and then to the local government. Job done. All free advice.

Edited by Laughing Gravy

I wonder how selective the PM will be in prosecuting those on the list. Will the PM finally adhere to the idea of complete transparency and open up his financial affairs to public scrutiny along with all those currently running the show? Doubtful to say the least and it's why this exercise of ousting the corrupt won't work ... any of them who have dirt on him or any of his chums is not going to face the music.

• Like 1

If these alleged 'corrupt officials' are indeed corrupt they need to be named and shamed, thrown in prison and have their assets confiscated.

Moving them to inactive posts is hardly a punishment!

quote from the OP

"The allegedly corrupt officials will be transferred to the Prime Minister’s Office pending the investigation and if they are cleared of any wrongdoings, they will be reinstated, said Dr Visanu."

If they are guilty however depending on how loud they sing .................

• Like 1

On the other hand you could have the best justice system in the world and the worst police force.

I have far more faith in the Thai justice system than the Thai police force.

Sadly I think that Thailand has pretty much the worst of both of them.

On the other hand you could have the best justice system in the world and the worst police force.

I have far more faith in the Thai justice system than the Thai police force.

Sadly I think that Thailand has pretty much the worst of both of them.

I won't disagree with you about the police force, but i would add that they probably get an even worse reputation than other public servants due to them being the most visible and interacting with the public the most.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Isn't this the same list that was held back for editing the names on it 2 weeks ago. How can they lay claim to it being compiled fairly when its obvious that changes were made and deletions of names were done prior to Mr. P looking at it.
There claims just in this article about having no intention to a persecute officials stands out like a sore thumb. So the r names must have been removed from this list one would assume. What a crock since they should be the ones persecuted the most for violating peoples trust using their position.

"""He went on saying that there are two more lists of allegedly corrupt officials compiled by the national anti-corruption directorate which will soon be submitted to the prime minister for consideration."""

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"""He went on saying that there are two more lists of allegedly corrupt officials compiled by the national anti-corruption directorate which will soon be submitted to the prime minister for consideration."""

Don't stress too much about the lists, thesetat2013, hopefully the PM will get to them all eventually.

And how can you claim that - "How can they lay claim to it being compiled fairly when its obvious that changes were made and deletions of names were done prior to Mr. P looking at it."................?????

Were you there ?

• Like 1

Two Posts Hidden - link to websites -

12) You will not spam in any way, shape or form, through mail, PM, forum post, or any other method.
Thaivisa.com considers any method of actively, or passively promoting a commercial entity, that you
have an interest in, including websites or personal blogs, and is not a sponsor, as spamming. (Including
third parties acting on your behalf.) This is to ensure the integrity of reviews, and advice given to/by
our members. Spamming is using the forums to advertise or promote a business for commercial gain.

And Libel -

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.
Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to
suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is
published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any
means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading
picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in
Thailand.

Why do some posters have such miscomprehension problems?

It is almost as if they create their own preconceived take on something and facts and truths fail to alter this whereby they stick to their own flawed arguments on the matter come what may.

It is if their brain is already working at full capacity and nothing else can penetrate (especially if it is an inconvenient truth or something that destroys their argument). It would be a little more understandable if they occasionally get it right but that seldom happens, if ever at all!!

• Like 2

Why do some posters have such miscomprehension problems?

It is almost as if they create their own preconceived take on something and facts and truths fail to alter this whereby they stick to their own flawed arguments on the matter come what may.

It is if their brain is already working at full capacity and nothing else can penetrate (especially if it is an inconvenient truth or something that destroys their argument). It would be a little more understandable if they occasionally get it right but that seldom happens, if ever at all!!

Speaking of comprehension issues Lucky, it would be nice to see you back in the Police Hatchet man thread where you miss comprehended his wealth for 11.5 million baht instead of 11.5 million dollars.

• Like 1

If these alleged 'corrupt officials' are indeed corrupt they need to be named and shamed, thrown in prison and have their assets confiscated.

Moving them to inactive posts is hardly a punishment!

quote from the OP

"The allegedly corrupt officials will be transferred to the Prime Minister’s Office pending the investigation and if they are cleared of any wrongdoings, they will be reinstated, said Dr Visanu."

If they are guilty however depending on how loud they sing .................

The transfer to the PM office has a side benefit. He moved AMLO there and we all know how busy the corrupt are when it comes to answering question - now some of them will be just down the hall and with nothing better to do than to answer questions.clap2.gif

I'm trying to understand how it works:

- The NACC provides a secret list of people, on which sufficient clues of corruption have been found to put them in the list (hopefully),

- then it goes to a "black box" (PM's office), and some of them go out condemned and some others cleared of charges;

Before it was transparent (albeit not very efficient, it seems), through a judicial system with proof screening etc....

So now, what happens in the "black box"? How are culprits selected?