Hat Yai immigration - Registration of alien report

A royal pain indeed...don't you just wish Thais living in the west went through this type of run around...

I am Thai !

Name me one "Western" country that I can enter "visa exempt" or with an EASILY obtained 1000 Bht tourist visa

I rather fancy the USA or the UK

Answers and Details please ! smile.png

"I am Thai".

Hence the username. blink.png

You are twisting around various clauses to fit your opinion. The phrase " permission to stay temporarily in the Kingdom" is used throughout the act to define that it does not apply to permanent residents.

Section 39. After having received permission for temporary entry into the Kingdom, if the alien leaves the Kingdom, it is considered that his temporary entry permit has expired

Section 37. An alien having received a temporary entry permit to enter the Kingdom must comply with the following.......................

Section 38. The Housemaster, the owner or the possessor, or hotel manager where the alien, receiving permission to stay temporarily in the Kingdom has stayed, must notify a competent official of the Immigration Office .............................................

According to the OP.

I have a multi-entry Non-O.

She then appears half an hour later and tells me that i haven't reported my whereabouts since I entered the country, nearly 3 months so there will be a fine and shows me a picture of me entering Thailand that the border guys take.

By leaving Thailand his current 90 day permission to stay expires and on re-entry he receives a new permit (or stamp) for another 90 days.

The OP can only complete a TM6 on entry as to his place of residence and much of section 37 is irrelevant to the OP, but section 38 will still apply to the Housemaster.

The fine was for the fact that his whereabouts hadn't been reported since he re-entered Thailand.

The OP presumably completed a new TM6 and that was the only requirement he had to fulfil.

The Housemaster however didn't report his presence at her address.

I believe the form his wife had to sign was indeed a TM30.

Section is 38 is the only one that applies. There is nothing that says it must be made every time a person returns home.

I fail to see how I can twist any of the clauses around.........they all apply.

Chapter 4 of the Immigrant Act Temporary Stay in the Kingdom.

Section 34 to 39 inclusive apply to us all regardless of Visa status or extensions. (PR status exempted)

Parts 1 and 2 of Section 37, still apply to the OP's circumstances. 3,4,5 are irrelevant in his case.

There is nothing that says it must be made every time a person returns home.

The fact he has a wife and permanent home is irrelevant. He didn't just leave his home, he left the Country.

He was granted a new 'temporary permission stay in the Kingdom'.

He therefore took up a new residence (albeit the same residence)

Section 38. The Housemaster etc,etc, must notify the Immigrantion of an alien receiving permission to stay temporarily in the Kingdom

taking up residence.

On extensions we don't receive a 'new' permission to stay, our permission is extended.

Leaving the Country means you receive a 'new' permission to stay and you therefore trigger ALL the requirements again.

This new girl at Immigration was very keen and sharp and I believe used the law above as a failure for the housemaster to report his address and subsequently had his wife complete a TM30 and fined for not reporting the address of an alien who had received a new permission of stay.

My opinion is based on the facts given by the OP and the laws within the Immigration Act.

If you have a different opinion of the situation Joe I'd look forward to reading it as this is an interested debate and possibly the first I've heard of a Housemaster being fined.

And based on my personal experience!

• Like 1