Best Fixed rate deposit deal for 1 Year ?

Initially? Are you going to try and add funds to the account? I have a Kbank fixed deposit, also 2.8% but cannot deposit any extra funds into it, even the interest, paid quarterly, goes into my regular savings account. I'd much rather have an account I can add to. I'd assumed that the initial deposit was also fixed along with everything else.

Edited by Upnotover

Initially? Are you going to try and add funds to the account? I have a Kbank fixed deposit, also 2.8% but cannot deposit any extra funds into it, even the interest, paid quarterly, goes into my regular savings account. I'd much rather have an account I can add to. I'd assumed that the initial deposit was also fixed along with everything else.

Just checked their website. Didn't see it. I found 24 months @3.00%, but not 12 mo. @ 2.8%.

You are correct. Same with SCB wait for the year is up and then add additional funds on whatever new deal they offer. Am not sure about the interest bit because I assumed (always the mother of all mistakes) that interest was added upon maturity.......??

I have already a deposit SCB account so assume they wont wallop me for any insurance deal that many seem to come up against recently....??

Just checked their website. Didn't see it. I found 24 months @3.00%, but not 12 mo. @ 2.8%.

This was the one I found......

http://thailand.deposits.org/

I cant get SCB's own site to open at the moment. Do you have the link you used please.....??

I cant get SCB's own site to open at the moment. Do you have the link you used please.....??

see bank interest rates forum.scb.2.80% missprint its actually 1.50%.

land and house bank has the best rates.

see bank interest rates forum.scb.2.80% missprint its actually 1.50%.

land and house bank has the best rates.

Thats for a 2 years according to that link above. (bizarre I agree you'd think it would be higher)

we have had accs.[fixed with LH for the past 3yrs.at the moment their rates are unbeatable.

we opened 2fixed the wife 18months@ 2.70% interest paid monthly,and has i have my extension money with them it was 24months@ 2.70% interest paid monthly

into a current acc.paying 2% up to 500,000 and 2.3% over 500,000.

we have had accs.[fixed with LH for the past 3yrs.at the moment their rates are unbeatable.

we opened 2fixed the wife 18months@ 2.70% interest paid monthly,and has i have my extension money with them it was 24months@ 2.70% interest paid monthly

Am going to put tin hat on here but who are LH.........?? Am being serious. Land and house mentioned before never heard of them ??

I emailed SCB yesterday from within secure area of Website. In the unlikely case of getting an answer will paste it here !!

Out of interest no pun intended they with hold the 15% tax ???

Out of interest no pun intended they with hold the 15% tax ???

all fixed accs.are subject to 15% tax.only monthly savings are not .eg.24months at min 396,000.and 600,000maximum.over the 2yr.term

Am going to put tin hat on here but who are LH.........?? Am being serious. Land and house mentioned before never heard of them ??

I emailed SCB yesterday from within secure area of Website. In the unlikely case of getting an answer will paste it here !!

That Land and Houses looks far from secure going by Google......??

Am staggered to say and pleasantly surprised that SCB emailed me back the day after and this was copy and paste

Dear xxxxxxxx

Thank you for your interest in our services and

so sorry if we got back to you so late.

Please noted that SCB interest Rate now for FIX Account :

12 months

less than 10 million Baht = 1.50%

Please check at Link : http://www.scb.co.th/en/about-scb/rates-and-fees or http://www.scb.co.th/stocks/media/ratesfees/deposit-en-58-39.pdf

If you have got more questions or comments about SCB products and

services, please do not hesitate to contact us at 0-2777-7777 or visit our web site at http://csc.scb.co.th.

Best Regards,

SCB Easy Call Center

0-2777-7777

I was trying to stay with SCB on the basis that it was unlikely to ask for residence or work permits for any new account.......LH as you say somewhat higher though

Am staggered to say and pleasantly surprised that SCB emailed me back the day after and this was copy and paste

Dear xxxxxxxx

12 months

Please check at Link : http://www.scb.co.th/en/about-scb/rates-and-fees or http://www.scb.co.th/stocks/media/ratesfees/deposit-en-58-39.pdf

services, please do not hesitate to contact us at 0-2777-7777 or visit our web site at http://csc.scb.co.th.

Best Regards,

SCB Easy Call Center

0-2777-7777

I was trying to stay with SCB on the basis that it was unlikely to ask for residence or work permits for any new account.......LH as you say somewhat higher though

My old man used to say, if someone pays you an interest rate double that of the competition, he must desperately need the money.

Dear xxxxxxxx

12 months

Best Regards,

SCB Easy Call Center

0-2777-7777

My old man used to say, if someone pays you an interest rate double that of the competition, he must desperately need the money.

+1

In a nutshell .....

LH have been around a long time,they are more to being a building society.they build homes and are as much secure than most banks.

when the wife worked for home deco,air cons,decorations ect.she used to supply them and that was back in the eighties.

you can also look up THAI RETAIL CREDIT BANK they have some decent rates.[or the did in jan.this yr.

she opened a regular savings acc.over 2yrs x 3.60% but i am sure its for thais only,and a 3yr.fixed @ 3.25%.if you qualify.

but if you are unsure about some banks then let yourself be screwed.

we had fixed accs.with all the big boys but looking back the last best fixed we had was 2013@ 3.30%.now you will be lucky to get 2%.over 12-24months.

LH have been around a long time,they are more to being a building society.they build homes and are as much secure than most banks.

when the wife worked for home deco,air cons,decorations ect.she used to supply them and that was back in the eighties.

you can also look up THAI RETAIL CREDIT BANK they have some decent rates.[or the did in jan.this yr.

she opened a regular savings acc.over 2yrs x 3.60% but i am sure its for thais only,and a 3yr.fixed @ 3.25%.if you qualify.

we had fixed accs.with all the big boys but looking back the last best fixed we had was 2013@ 3.30%.now you will be lucky to get 2%.over 12-24months.

Lehman brothers had been around since 1850, and they took over a large investment project in Thailand, just before they disappeared from the world map.

• Like 1

Lehman brothers had been around since 1850, and they took over a large investment project in Thailand, just before they disappeared from the world map.

as the topic is replying to the best fixed rates do you know of any.

Well you simply made the point about me getting screwed over and the other Poster made the point about Lehman Brothers.....Nuff said

• Like 1

I heard U-fun pays quite good interest on investment whistling.gif

This forum is beyond a joke now the time it takes to load.........Every other Website super quick using a super quick Fujitsu. Its taken me 6 minutes for this box to load to be able to type the fact that if anyone else has rates of interest, please feel free to add to the thread.......Thanks

This forum is beyond a joke now the time it takes to load.........Every other Website super quick using a super quick Fujitsu. Its taken me 6 minutes for this box to load to be able to type the fact that if anyone else has rates of interest, please feel free to add to the thread.......Thanks

you can follow the rates on offer in the forum BANK INTEREST SAVING RATES we try and keep it up to date.

• Like 1