things to do in buriram / surin /mukdahan area.

dirtycash

Things to do:

Burriram:

Watch a Burriram FC football game, they're the best team in the Thai league.

Goto Panom Rung about 60km from Burriam. It's the biggest/best set of Khmer ruins in Thailand.

Surin:

Elephant roundup in Oct/Nov?

Elephant village + show (It's a bit of a drive from Surin town, but pretty cool regardless).

Mukdahan:

Indochina market on the riverside.

Drive to Maha Chedi Chai Mong Khun, it's about 80km from Mukdaharn and is technically in Roiet, but definitely worth checking out.

Otherwise I don't know much about the provinces, as live in Roiet, but I think these would probably be the top 2 "attractions" of each province.

There are Farang bars in probably all of these towns, I think in Surin there are 1 or 2 next to the bus station, I'm not sure about Burriram/Mukdaharn, although both Burriram & Surin have decent Thai nightclubs/music halls (I've never been out in Mukdahan though, only passed through).

• 2 weeks later...

ok , bike rentals out, might rent car if i go. what about places to stay ? i suppose anywhere in any of them cities are going to have small hotels and guesthouses around the bus stations.

Best place to stay in Mukdahan is the Mukdahan Manor. Great place with the best food in town. www.mukdahan-manor.com or book through Agoda.

Actually ate there one time had the steaks very average at best. Its a bit out of the way but nice view. Too bad the food wasn't more inspiring.

• 2 weeks later...

Surin is quite nice. Huge nightclub ( Twang Dang) with great show and 4 - 5 quitar players.

next to Falang Connection is a massage place. My neighbor was renting a motorcycle.

Thong Turin Hotel is nice with breakfast @ 1,000 Bt

Majestic Mansion is about 500 Bt ( where I am now ). No complaints !

All close to the bus and train station. I walk to the bus station and can go nearly anywhere.

many places to visit.

My g/f has a car and have been so many historical places mostly up closer to Burirum and Cambodian boader.

Many many regular girls and also the massage place.

I'm taken but I could play here endlessly. Better if you can speak Thai.

Also for really easy travel just book the Majestic Hotel and you can get off the bus and check in as it's at the bus station.

Let me know if you want more info.