I called 1584 to complain about taxis but answer is the ' no speak english '

steven100

Yesterday around 5.00pm me and my friend tried to get a taxi from Sukhumvit to Ramkempang ....

3 taxis refused to go straight away <deleted>

What's the Transport ministry doing ?????? are they fixing this taxi mess or not ??

By the third refusal I called 1584 to report the taxi and guess what !! ...... ' no sapeek engwit '

What a joke .... am I calling the wrong number ??

Does anyone know another number to call to complain ??

And, I will email the Ministry of Transport to complain.

• Like 1

NCPO Thai government. 24 hour Call Center 1111 http://www.1111.go.th/

They deal with any and all complaints related to anything and everything.

3 taxis? you were lucky I tried in the same spot two weeks ago and it was 15 Taxis !!

lol .... thanks Charlie. I know what you mean ... these guys need to be kicked out !!

I'll call them ....

Every time I see a farang post a thread about what is wrong with Thailand, or for that matter any other country, I feel a little sad. Sad, because their complaint - and it is so often a complaint - ALWAYS has as the underlying text the assumption that the people native to this or that country should behave as foreigners think they should.

It's the narrative of globalisation and the modern world, and it is slowly eroding the rich diversity of human behaviour, belief, way of thinking, and of life itself - in all its joy and all its tragedy.

• Like 2

3 taxis? you were lucky I tried in the same spot two weeks ago and it was 15 Taxis !!

No taxi driver in his right mind would want to go to Ramkhamhaeng at 5pm on a week night.

THere is also an app you can download now to report taxis

Just take a photo of the taxi and the license plate or taxi ID

Presto report filed

Can someone post a link to the actual Google Play Store app that does this?

And, like the 1584 DLT phone hotline, mention whether using it requires reading Thai language or not?

Yesterday around 5.00pm me and my friend tried to get a taxi from Sukhumvit to Ramkempang ....

3 taxis refused to go straight away <deleted>

What's the Transport ministry doing ?????? are they fixing this taxi mess or not ??

By the third refusal I called 1584 to report the taxi and guess what !! ...... ' no sapeek engwit '

What a joke .... am I calling the wrong number ??

Does anyone know another number to call to complain ??

And, I will email the Ministry of Transport to complain.

This is Thailand, get used to it.

What do you really expect any complaint will do?

My advice, get you lovely gf to call & complain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'd say the 1584 is just a Show number, to make it look like they care!

you're not expected to actually ring it...

I did once, and it just rang out.

Forgot that I was in Thailand for a second.

The driver shouting "Ai Hia, Ai Hia" at me as it rang out reminded me where I was.

Every time I see a farang post a thread about what is wrong with Thailand, or for that matter any other country, I feel a little sad. Sad, because their complaint - and it is so often a complaint - ALWAYS has as the underlying text the assumption that the people native to this or that country should behave as foreigners think they should.

It's the narrative of globalisation and the modern world, and it is slowly eroding the rich diversity of human behaviour, belief, way of thinking, and of life itself - in all its joy and all its tragedy.

Then the racist nationalists come out and tell the 'farang' he's not allowed to think or have an opinion because of his race and national origin. It's sickening.

No taxi driver in his right mind would want to go to Ramkhamhaeng at 5pm on a week night.

How many people do want to go to work?

It's like going to a 7-11 and the check-out operator doesn't want to serve you because you have a lot of items.

Then another one refuses, until the forth one finally does it.

You ring the 7-11 hotline number posted on the wall in case the check-out operators refuse to serve people because they don't want to, and it rings out or they hang up on you.

None are in their right mind though laugh.png

now can I call 1111 to complain that the milk I bought from 7-11 is not fresh ....... ?

I always go straight to the top. Complain to the cow.

No u need to complain to the breast.................I always do this and end up with a mouthfulwink.png

Nonsense,

You get in taxi without speaking thru the window

You sit down, close the door

You tell driver where to go

If he refuses to turn on meter and drive,

You take photo of his license with cell phone camera, and then say,

Luhrr????

100% success rate

• Like 2

THere is also an app you can download now to report taxis

Just take a photo of the taxi and the license plate or taxi ID

Presto report filed

DLT Check in app lets passengers rate Bangkok taxi drivers

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/803022-dlt-check-in-app-lets-passengers-rate-bangkok-taxi-drivers/

986 taxi complaints filed by app

http://www.newswits.com/2015/05/04/986-taxi-complaints-filed-by-app-pqqqwpw.html

App for Android:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dltcheckin

• Like 1

now can I call 1111 to complain that the milk I bought from 7-11 is not fresh ....... ?

Or about people who live here a long time and still don't speak Thai while when they used to live in their home country where upset that immigrants didn't speak their language.

Huh???blink.png whats that got to do with Taxi's not going to where you want?? Oh!! I get it, nothing

Nonsense,

You get in taxi without speaking thru the window

You sit down, close the door

You tell driver where to go

If he refuses to turn on meter and drive,

You take photo of his license with cell phone camera, and then say,

Luhrr????

100% success rate

This may be a cause for an assault on you by the Taxi driver, I like my teeth, they cost a lot of money.....most taxi drivers have a bat under their seat - I think the correct response is to 'take the picture then leave the taxi' then email it to 1111 - hopefully in public.

• Like 2