Three suspects invoke family’s honour for killing Myanmar woman

Samut Prakan: – Provincial Police have arrested and charged three men from Myanmar for killing their female relative, also from Myanmar.

The three admitted to the killing although they cited their traditional belief that they had the right to protect their family’s honour because the victim was married and had an affair.

Lt General Amnuay Nimmano, commissioner of Provincial Police Region 1, yesterday held a press conference to announce the outcome of police investigation on the murder of Myanmar woman on May 3.

Amnuay said the victim, identified as Ken Ma Ren, 23, was a registered alien worker in Nakhon Pathom.

She had a knife wound in the throat. Her body was dumped near a water duct at Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bang Phli district.

Following the circulation of the victim’s picture in the social media, police received tips-off enabling them to identify the victim from the alien registration records.

An informant, speaking on the condition of anonymity, led the police to locate the victim’s last workplace.

The victim worked at a boat restaurant in Pattaya.

At her workplace, police found four relatives also worked there.

The four are husband Kin Mau Win, 26, paternal uncle Sein Win, 34,maternal uncle Nai Ao, 31 and relative Nai Win, 24 who remains at large.

Nai Win fled before police had sought and received the warrants to arrest the suspects.

In their statement, the three said they were obliged to protect the family’s honour as the victim refused to heed their caution about cheating on her husband.

They said they had no choice but to kill her. They took her from Pattaya to Bang Chalong market in Samut Prakan where many workers from Myanmar would do their shopping.

At a remote area near the market, they hit her unconscious before Nai Win killed her by stabbing her throat with a knife.

They then left her body near the airport, located three kilometres from where they killed her.

I thought we were suppose to try to understand other people's culture, Why do we never get to read about what really happens to wonderful people like this ? Will they spend the rest of there lives in a Thai prison or will they just get deported.

The teen girl that killed 9 never spent a night in jail so what do you do with these clowns.

Other group representing The Religion of Peace!!

No wonder the Middle East are falling to pieces.....................

Where did you find out about this groups religious persuasion and which religion are you referring to?

Another post filled with guesses and assumptions perhaps?

I thought we were suppose to try to understand other people's culture, Why do we never get to read about what really happens to wonderful people like this ? Will they spend the rest of there lives in a Thai prison or will they just get deported.

The teen girl that killed 9 never spent a night in jail so what do you do with these clowns.

Premeditated murder usually gets you life, without the chance of parole or the death penalty. I'd have no qualms with either in this case. In the latter case of the teenage bimbo who was driving illegally... well the lawyers for the plaintiffs are about to hit her family with a mega buck civil lawsuit. Now if all of those so called intellectuals that are studying law at Thammasat can grow a pair and focus their demonstration on a bit of justice in this matter... They could kill two birds with one stone. But I'm afraid to say that it would be like killing one of their own. In the former... Thais could care less about what happens to the Burmese, I expect nothing will happen.

Edited by Local Drunk

Is it not legal to do in many Muslim countries, like Arab countries, where they stone them to death

Why do you presume the killers are Muslim? Many murders committed by those who are Buddhist (in name only) for reasons of honour / face.

Edited by simple1

Is it not legal to do in many Muslim countries, like Arab countries, where they stone them to death

Why do you presume the killers are Muslim? Many murders committed by those who are Buddhist (in name only) for reasons of honour / face.

The vast majority of Burmese are Buddhist. In fact, official government statistics that I've read put the proportion of Buddhists at around 89%. More than likely, both the victim and her killers are Buddhist.

These untermensch became self appointed judges, jurors and executioners, their own law and above the law.

If this doesn`t deserve the death penalty, than I ask; what does?

Rather unfortunate use of 'untermensch', a descriptive that the Nazis used to justify genocide