Tacos at J & F in Jomtien

NightRider70

Thank you.

Exactly!

Pictures tell a lot.

There are people living here who have never had anything close to actual Mexican tacos and think what was pictured in the OP is that ... but it isn't even close.

They might indeed like and want the style of food shown in the OP. No problem with that ...

Where did I say it was actual Mexican tacos?

Night Rider you are preaching to the deaf, I believe the main antagonist is a true food snob but can't see his replies as I have had him on ignore since he pontificated about Indian food. Some of us thank you for your attempt at educating us to new places. Sometimes it's easier just,to ignore the food Hi-So"s.
I have thanked the OP multiple times for bringing these tacos to our attention. Also welcome him to the hit and run thread for future finds.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thank you.

Exactly!

Pictures tell a lot.

There are people living here who have never had anything close to actual Mexican tacos and think what was pictured in the OP is that ... but it isn't even close.

They might indeed like and want the style of food shown in the OP. No problem with that ...

Night Rider you are preaching to the deaf, I believe the main antagonist is a true food snob but can't see his replies as I have had him on ignore since he pontificated about Indian food. Some of us thank you for your attempt at educating us to new places. Sometimes it's easier just,to ignore the food Hi-So"s.

Or he think he is. Why rate a type of food he don't like. I do not care for actual Mexican food and sea food so it will always get a zero so no point in that. How do you use that ignore function?

How do you use that ignore function?

Put your mouse cursor over your user name above, click, and then click Manage Ignore Prefs.

Now add the name of who you want to ignore and click Save Changes,

You can chose to ignore PMs, posts, or both.

See ya! rolleyes.gif

Anyway, I will exit the thread now.

I have nothing more to say about the topic of Swedish tacos.

Keep on eating!

Edited by Jingthing

Thank you.

Exactly!

Pictures tell a lot.

I never said you did, so suggest you stop being so sensitive about this.

I respect that you liked that food.

You said western though.

Frankly not sure if you meant western as in German tacos or western as in western USA ... Tex Mex.

Anyway they clearly are what I said they are and yes I can tell from the picture ... a Thai take on lower quality Tex Mex tacos. (Good quality Tex Mex tacos would at least not use such shells and have respectable salsa.) The Thai take is related to that side salad ... very Thai idea of farang salad looking, would never get a salad looking like that in a real Tex Mex place, not that there is anything wrong with salad ... that would probably be the feature for me.

Wouldn't it be a Swedish take?

This thread is making me hungry for some tacos, however. May have to call Mike's for a delivery or head to Foodland tomorrow for some hamburger, shells, and Lawry's taco mix.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

Thank you.

Exactly!

Pictures tell a lot.

Or he think he is. Why rate a type of food he don't like. I do not care for actual Mexican food and sea food so it will always get a zero so no point in that. How do you use that ignore function?

Same here. Tried Mex. tacos in Mexico and gagged. Give me Tex-Mex anytime. Thanks for the tip I will try once I fall off the hardcore low-carb diet I'm on.

Thank you.

Exactly!

Pictures tell a lot.

You said western though.

Frankly not sure if you meant western as in German tacos or western as in western USA ... Tex Mex.

Anyway they clearly are what I said they are and yes I can tell from the picture ... a Thai take on lower quality Tex Mex tacos. (Good quality Tex Mex tacos would at least not use such shells and have respectable salsa.) The Thai take is related to that side salad ... very Thai idea of farang salad looking, would never get a salad looking like that in a real Tex Mex place, not that there is anything wrong with salad ... that would probably be the feature for me.

This thread is making me hungry for some tacos, however. May have to call Mike's for a delivery or head to Foodland tomorrow for some hamburger, shells, and Lawry's taco mix.

I have tried the hamburger from all the major places in town and found Mackro has the best for frying up or for bbq hamburgers.

Thank you.

Exactly!

Pictures tell a lot.

You said western though.

I have tried the hamburger from all the major places in town and found Mackro has the best for frying up or for bbq hamburgers.

Never considered them for meats...do they have different grades of hamburger meat, e.g., chuck and ground round?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

and Lawry's taco mix.

Are you sure it was Lawry's taco mix? I've only seen McCormick(sp). Never in fact seen any Lawry's products other than seasoning salt in Villa several years ago...Many thanks.

BTW...Sam has the taco special every night, not just Wednesday's. It's decent, he's a nice guy, and plenty of action nearby(if you like gay bars).

I still say a Taco Bell would work in Pattaya in the right location. A drive thru would be nice but you need to be in town as Thai's would take time to cater said fast food and would not do it on Sukhumvit.

proper mexican beef tacos are made with shredded beef ...... that being braised shredded beef.

Salsa can be made easily with chopped tomatoes, onion, tabasco sauce, the green spicy chilly sauce .....

Tacos to be served on fresh crispy shells with tomato slices, cheese, lettuce & onion, and jalapinos .... and sour cream.

4245768-delicious-beef-tacos-with-beef-l

post-48292-0-68575300-1449765263_thumb.j

Edited by steven100

I don't care if the tacos they do aren't proper Mexican or authentic as long as the taste is good.

Unfortunately there is nothing remotely good in Pattaya.

If you want tacos you have to make them yourself.

Very easy to do and quite tasty even if you cant get the so called authentic ingredients.

We can only hope that La Monita, which is now based in Bangkok, will open a new place in Pattaya-Jomtien. As an aside, I was just in the Paragon Mall and went past where Sunrise Tacos was. I say "was" because Sunrise Tacos is gone (same Sunrise Tacos that was once in Jomtien) and in its place sits a branch of La Monita. I ordered and ate a fantastic Mission-style burrito (yuuummm). We do not have anything that is even close to La Monita in Jomtien-Pattaya.

No we don't and I'm sure the owners have heard of Pattaya so I'm not holding my breath!

You never know for sure because La Monita is expanding--no doubt because they have listened to customers (both Thai and farang) and made a serious effort to produce good Mexican/Tex-Mex food. By the way, I have to say something positive about one food item at Mike's Mexican place in Jomtien: the California Burrito w/ carnitas pork is good. It is huge, filled with a lot of stuff and comes w/ beans and rice.

By the way, I have to say something positive about one food item at Mike's Mexican place in Jomtien: the California Burrito w/ carnitas pork is good. It is huge, filled with a lot of stuff and comes w/ beans and rice.

Mike's is expensive for what you get...and to top that comment off, he has let his attention get lackadaisical on such things as hot sauce. He used to have at least three or four options, many times a hot sauce you have never tried from Jamaica or Mexico itself. Now it's just good old Tabasco. No more native Mexican or even those available at Friendship and Foodland. Bottom line mate, just over priced but the food is decent I agree.

By the way, I have to say something positive about one food item at Mike's Mexican place in Jomtien: the California Burrito w/ carnitas pork is good. It is huge, filled with a lot of stuff and comes w/ beans and rice.

Mike's is expensive for what you get...and to top that comment off, he has let his attention get lackadaisical on such things as hot sauce. He used to have at least three or four options, many times a hot sauce you have never tried from Jamaica or Mexico itself. Now it's just good old Tabasco. No more native Mexican or even those available at Friendship and Foodland. Bottom line mate, just over priced but the food is decent I agree.

I agree, it is overpriced and it has always perplexed me as to why he does not automatically provide hot sauce w/ meals. Tobasco sauce is not what most of us want......how about a homemade green, red or yellow salsa (Jorge does this at his place in Bangkok and La Monita has a large variety of different salsas that you can get yourself). If you order a Mission (California) burrito at the branch of La Monita in the Paragon Mall, in Bangkok, they automatically give you chips and two different "salsas." Mike should alter his (kee neow) position w/ regard to salsa/hot sauce and chips. Still, overpriced or not, chips and salsa there or not, the California Burrito served at Mike's is porbably the best in town (which is not saying much).