I do not like Ford...but... with a 100,000 discount....

With the discount now Ford is offering, the price for the brand new basic Fiesta, four doors, full size sedan, with 1.5 engine and auto transmision , is just 494,000 thb, with dual air bags, and heater ( in north provinces may be useful ). One year class one insurance free, plus free first 2 services.

Nice ride for the money.

My information is that the offer finished yesterday ... I know that is not what it said on the Ford website, but that's what the dealer said yesterday. Worth checking though ... bought an Ecoboost Saturday ... a nice little runner.

Did you see the Topic that I started on Saturday ... re the 100,000 discount

Edited by JAS21

My information is that the offer finished yesterday ... I know that is not what it said on the Ford website, but that's what the dealer said yesterday. Worth checking though ... bought an Ecoboost Saturday ... a nice little runner.

Did you see the Topic that I started on Saturday ... re the 100,000 discount

The discount still going on....

Yes it is, misunderstanding again!! The 3-day offer was the 100,000 plus a pickup out of the hat for another car 1st prize and 100,000 baht 2nd prize (10 prizes).

Draw done by Fords sometime this month. Hopefully not a 'typicalThai type draw' ... woops ... wash your mouth out

Is there any parts guarantee and have all the gearbox problems been sorted now ?

Were Ford hit by the floods ?

Is there any parts guarantee

3 year parts and labour ... you can extend to 4 or 5 years for a small fee if you do it before the car is 9 months old.

have all the gearbox problems been sorted now ?

Well they have updated the software, other than that I don't know ... but they have had years to solve the problem, so should have.

the 2010 flood? ... Yes, but the cars should have dried out by now. Anyway the car we ordered wasn't built then.

PS ... google the problem ... looks like there is a fix ..

PPS ... madam apparently knew about this and asked ... different gearbox to the problem one she was told.. now use the Focus gearbox on the Ecoboost. She was also told something about a 10year warranty on the 1.5Ltr gearbox

Edited by JAS21

Is there any parts guarantee and have all the gearbox problems been sorted now ?

3 year parts and labour ... you can extend to 4 or 5 years for a small fee if you do it before the car is 9 months old.

Well they have updated the software, other than that I don't know ... but they have had years to solve the problem, so should have.

the 2010 flood? ... Yes, but the cars should have dried out by now. Anyway the car we ordered wasn't built then.

PS ... google the problem ... looks like it was fixed ..

Thanks. The second car could do with replacing, preferably something with airbags. It's tempting.

PS ... google the problem ... looks like it was fixed ..

Thanks. The second car could do with replacing, preferably something with airbags. It's tempting.

Read my updated reply ... madam knew all about the problem and asked .....

You can actually buy the warranty extension anything up to 30 months old, but after 9 months old, the price goes up about 5,000 Baht.

http://www.ford.co.th/servlet/BlobServer/NewVehicleWarranty.pdf?blobtable=DFYBlob&blobheader=application%2Fpdf&blobwhere=1248978433901&blobcol=urlblob&blobkey=id

Edited by IMHO

OP.

The main point for me is:

Would you buy a car that you don't like just because its cheaper than

what it was before ?

The answer would be a definite no, i'd rather pay more and buy the car that i

like as i would enjoy owning it much more.

OP.

The main point for me is:

Would you buy a car that you don't like just because its cheaper than

what it was before ?

The answer would be a definite no, i'd rather pay more and buy the car that i

like as i would enjoy owning it much more.

Ford have good looking cars, and with good equipment.

I said that I do not like it, because price for price it had better choices without the discount.

Now, for 494000 and 1.5 cc automatic, no choices available inThailand.

Its not just the price. Customer service is important. My first, and only Ford ever, is ok but our experience with lying salesmen and incompetent lazy service staff has us on the point of selling our almost new car, despite the loss we will make. Never again.

That's not a good advert for Ford. After you get the car and the agreed deal you still need to be in contact with the sales person.

Service is only at 15K and 30K and they make a mess?

What part of the county are you in as around our way I can recommend two Ford garages for reliable service

Its not just the price. Customer service is important. My first, and only Ford ever, is ok but our experience with lying salesmen and incompetent lazy service staff has us on the point of selling our almost new car, despite the loss we will make. Never again.

Some would say that all salespeople lie, and all service staff are lazy. Incompetence varies smile.png

Edited by IMHO

• 4 weeks later...

Well the car was delivered on the evening of the Friday 19th…and it was raining. I had asked for it not be polished as I though that it would save me removing the polish prior to glass coating … big error.

On Saturday morning I examined the paintwork and it felt like sandpaper. So after a call to the salesperson we took it back and asked them to prepare it as they normally would. We collected the car the next day … wasn’t exactly good and I had to clay the whole car including the windows before glass coating… I should have realized then that it had been standing ‘somewhere’ in the open for quite sometime.

So today went to start the car as step-daughter was collecting it and the battery was completely discharged. The volts were 11.18 measured after the starter motor had given a few clicks. My wife phoned the salesman and he said that we had probably flattened the battery leaving the doors open … (it does say something like that in the handbook) the lights come on for a period every time you open the doors, they had been opened and closed a few times. He said jump start it and if no good he would bring another battery.

Anyway I said no we will get Ford Roadside Assistance (FRA) to come. They came and jump started it and said the battery was u/s. So we phoned the salesman and the FRA guy explained that a new battery was wanted.

The salesman brought a battery, in the meantime I thought ‘hangon’ battery shelf life is at least one year so then looked at the tyres and they were dated 0813. And three of the tyres were fitted with the date stamp on the inside … there is not a lot of ground clearance!!

Battery came, date on the tyres pointed out … I said this car must have been built in 2013, he said actually 2014 (sometime!) … I said your guys will soon be suggesting that the tyres need changing as they are too old.

He took a photo of the date stamp on the tyre and said he would ask his boss about some new tyres. I have to say that I cannot fault the salesman and would highly recommend the guy. Everything was very friendly.

I do know that it is not that unusual for a car to have been built for several months before you get it, but over one year is a little excessive.

Anyway step-daughter left here a while ago with a shiny new car ………… happy ... we are a little poorer ...

We have an old saying in good old Germany regarding Ford, that started around 30 something years ago.

Go on a vacation with a Ford and come back by train. I had a Ford Pick Up for a few months from the insurance, when my Mitsu got killed and they completely redid the truck..

God, what a piece of junk it was.I felt like driving a tractor, You are warned.

Edited by lostinisaan

We have an old saying in good old Germany regarding Ford, that started around 30 something years ago.

Go on a vacation with a Ford and come back by train. I had a Ford Pick Up for a few months from the insurance, when my Mitsu got killed and they completely redid the truck..

She has just LINE'd us ... thinks the car is wonderful, so smooth ..... I don't have anything against the product ... probably a mis-understanding about the preparation and somehow the battery slipped through the PDI.

Funny, a real Benny Hill story from 1989 (where the series ended), I am impressed.

Had my Ford truck since beginning 2013 and I haven't changed a single item in it (battery still original) and have been very happy with it . Nice comfy ride(for a truck) and one can not expect Mercedes Benz ride comforts in a pick-up truck but good enough for my needs.

Been on vacation in it about 5-6 times, driven on flooded roads quite a lot and strangely enough (according to the experts here) lucky, we always came home in the truck and without changing any parts or break-downs during the efforts.

All in in all, I am very happy with my 2.2 WT and don't really care if other trucks have 20HP more, it's just a truck man, not a sports car.

If I was on the market for a truck today, I would likely buy a Ranger (again).

And you know what: I did my observations based on +2 years ownership, so as usually here in TV motoring forum, the "experts" is just farting through an empty ass.

Thankfully, I am a big boy and can make my own decisions on what to buy (or not) and don't really care what the so called "experts" here on TV says.

I do know that it is not that unusual for a car to have been built for several months before you get it, but over one year is a little excessive.

Anyway step-daughter left here a while ago with a shiny new car ………… happy ... we are a little poorer ...

What model did you buy?

Ecoboost ... wanted economy for her ... also she can buy a couple of extra years warranty fairly cheaply. So hopefully low cost motoring for a while and next time she should be able to buy her own ...

• 2 weeks later...

Ecoboost ... wanted economy for her ... also she can buy a couple of extra years warranty fairly cheaply. So hopefully low cost motoring for a while and next time she should be able to buy her own ...

An ecoboost with 2013 tyres.. I didn't think they even made the ecoboost in 2013!

In the States, many years ago, we had two sayings for Ford.

1) FORD...............Found On Road, Dead

2) FORD...............Fix Or Repair Daily

However, I have to admit that they have come a long way since then.

The Ford Fiesta is the best selling car in the UK (and probably Europe) for the past 3 years. You don't get those sort of sales with poor reliability. Anecdotes like these are just childish.

OMG! I have never heard those before. You are too funny....