Tractor attachments

Hi to all in the land of hot smiles

My second post, be gentle

This is a great forum and I love reading it,the bullshit is good and certainly informative , After looking at 6420 tractors and having dreams about them the missus said just by one, and then you can focus a bit more on me. I decided on a new Kubota M7040 with blade total 994.00 baht done and dusted ,so I hooked up my new China import LW-10 backhoe 3 point link and dug holes everywhere , the main reason was to put in 5'' pvc irrigation pipe for the main river that runs along my boundary line about 380 metres pvc now layed 1metre deep just before the rains start,timing was good as it pissed down here last week.

The only downside with the M7040 there is no bucket available from Kubota, and the M8540 was just slightly bigger tractor and available bucket but at 1,548.000 not justifiable I have looked everywhere, there is a Thai version bucket but it looks like it was made in the 1920'ees.

Maybe some one out there could help me find what I need, my farm is halfway between Korat and Khon Kean traveling around is not a issue.

The other item im looking for is 5'' diesel powered water pump, yes I can import from china easy, but I thought I would try our back yard first.

I have seen in previous forum's people chasing steel star fence posts they are available here it took me age's to find them, and I was'ent to keen on cutting shit loads of trees down for 3 km of fencing.

Cheers

Ozzy Harry

Lodgic tells me to ,no BS ,too buy the Thai bucket,I take it by bucket you mean a for- end loader? ,,if it works why not use it, I daer say it will not be used 24/7 ,just now and then ,you could Google some of the machinery dealers in Chonburi,they sell a lot of second import machinery,they might have one.

Re pipe 5" is an odd ball size, most iragation pipe is 4" ,you could buy a 6" pump and put on a 5"reducer ,for the outlet side(,I did that with my pump 4" down to3"),

for a power sorse do it the Thai way ,a disale engine from a pick up married up to the pump on a trailer and away you go ,ask around ,you will find a local engerning who can do the work for you

I would think you must have a lot of land to buy a Kubota M7040 and have 3kms of fencing.

It looks like these bucket loaders are available from Kubota for your tractor as this picture even gives it an implement number of LA1153 but maybe not on a standard list in Thailand.

http://www.louisianasportsman.com/lpca/index.php?section=classifieds&event=view&action=single_ad&id=600250

I was under the impression that Kubota Tractors were manufactured in Thailand but maybe not the M Class?

Why go for a JD ? they will be imported,that means they will cost more than a locally produced Kubota,the OP wanted a loader for his Kubota and was finding it

difficult, trying to find a loader for a JD in Thailand even more difficult there is the H series loader mainly fitted to tractors of 100 hp +,,one would have to import one yourself at great expense.

As for a tractor of 100 hp plus, unnecessary for Thailand, over powerfull,70-80 hp is adequate .

Farmers in Thailand are trying to make a living not easy especially this year with the drought,investing in big tractors and the equipment to go with them is not going to help things one guy near me has a JD a series 5, 100 hp and a 4 furrow plough he uses it mainly for contracting he does ok,but at quiet times he strugles.

Stick with the Kubota,or a second hand Ford /New Holland, and loaders are avalable for them.

Welcome Ozzy Harry and hope you have hours of fun on your tractor and backhoe.

Are you putting in subsoil irrigation?

And what are you planning to grow.

On the fencing,cement posts are mainly used here,if i had my time again it would be electric with plastic droppers as 5 rows of barb doesn't keep anything out.

Lodgic tells me to ,no BS ,too buy the Thai bucket,I take it by bucket you mean a for- end loader? ,,if it works why not use it, I daer say it will not be used 24/7 ,just now and then ,you could Google some of the machinery dealers in Chonburi,they sell a lot of second import machinery,they might have one.

Re pipe 5" is an odd ball size, most iragation pipe is 4" ,you could buy a 6" pump and put on a 5"reducer ,for the outlet side(,I did that with my pump 4" down to3"),

for a power sorse do it the Thai way ,a disale engine from a pick up married up to the pump on a trailer and away you go ,ask around ,you will find a local engerning who can do the work for you

Welcome Ozzy Harry and hope you have hours of fun on your tractor and backhoe.

Are you putting in subsoil irrigation?

And what are you planning to grow.

On the fencing,cement posts are mainly used here,if i had my time again it would be electric with plastic droppers as 5 rows of barb doesn't keep anything out.

Mate I love playing tractor man, this 125mm pvc pipe is set up mainly for fresh water to my fish ponds there about 6 rai in total, we grow about 40 rai cow and a couple coconut trees.

If you want plastic droper's and solar electic you will have a lot of time again, ozzy stuff available here at a good price.

Regards Ozzy H

I would think you must have a lot of land to buy a Kubota M7040 and have 3kms of fencing.

It looks like these bucket loaders are available from Kubota for your tractor as this picture even gives it an implement number of LA1153 but maybe not on a standard list in Thailand.

http://www.louisianasportsman.com/lpca/index.php?section=classifieds&event=view&action=single_ad&id=600250

I was under the impression that Kubota Tractors were manufactured in Thailand but maybe not the M Class?

I got 350 rai to play with just hobby , lots of cow and big fish ponds , have two other M4740 Kubota that do most of land work. 3 km of fencing is my front yard I still have to many other boundry lines yet, but it's been to <deleted> hot, even my Thai works want work,fear call to.

My new toy M7040 I brought two weeks ago is from Japan,i can get a front bucket but im not paying 280.000 for it no way, I will keep looking.

Cheers

Ozzy H

This is what my amphur have,deutz fahr,as Kickstart says an old car engine coupled with pump made locally would be the viable option.post-68260-0-49047100-1434535054_thumb.j

They were prepared to let me use it for free to empty a dam and fix the wall,but couldn't use it for farming purposes.

Edited by farmerjo

Farmerjo

This is the pump I purchased from China yesterday, I recon this will move some water, Ha saying that I was driving home to Phuket last week and we were going through Samut Sakhon area and spoted these pumps no bullshit they would have been 400mm round with a old 6 cylinder diesel hooked up to it, same as the steel 4 or 6 inch tube pumps all home made.

What area do reside in.

Regards

Ozzy Harry

post-227885-0-96616000-1434590598_thumb.

Farmerjo

This is the pump I purchased from China yesterday, I recon this will move some water, Ha saying that I was driving home to Phuket last week and we were going through Samut Sakhon area and spoted these pumps no bullshit they would have been 400mm round with a old 6 cylinder diesel hooked up to it, same as the steel 4 or 6 inch tube pumps all home made.

What area do reside in.

Regards

Ozzy Harry

is that a Yanmar Engine? Sure looks like it...

Oh for one of them,all my pumping gear is outdated from sugar growing days except for the extralong longtail i had made this year for one of my dams.

Looking into driptape and sub surface irrigation but thats a couple of years away when we have a better power supply.

I back onto the phuphaman national park about 130kms west of khonkaen.post-68260-0-74588300-1434595159_thumb.jpost-68260-0-70613100-1434595199_thumb.jpost-68260-0-15020600-1434595240_thumb.j

Oh for one of them,all my pumping gear is outdated from sugar growing days except for the extralong longtail i had made this year for one of my dams.

Looking into driptape and sub surface irrigation but thats a couple of years away when we have a better power supply.

I back onto the phuphaman national park about 130kms west of khonkaen.attachicon.gifC360_2015-06-18-09-20-16-388.jpgattachicon.gifC360_2015-06-18-09-18-44-571.jpgattachicon.gifC360_2015-06-18-09-17-42-013.jpg

Nice area to be in, them there hills.

You would be surprised what there doing with solar pumps these days and the volume of water and pressure they receive and it's only getting better, a few friends of ours not far from our village have put in bores down 50 metre all on submersible 50mm pumps, I was rather optimistic at first but ha surprise surprise, what pisses off in my village 3km away no one has a bore it's to salty.

I like your pump and the wheel setup nice and easy to handle, I have a six inch the same , but yours is bigger than mind, what I did , I brought a 15 hp v twin petrol motor light weight all alloy and made up bracket for the motor at the drive end and a couple of small pulley belts, it took a while to get the gear ratio right, to easy just hook-up 6'' flat pipe and go.

By the way, mine will have fat tyres and mags next week, with orange flame's down eachside of the pipe.

Still looking for a front bucket for my M7040 I don't need it just yet , until I start build my shed 24mtr by 14mtr it will handy holding concrete post up and steel frame work in position, im looing at a SUNCO TZ-100D 4 in 1 complete kit ex China .

Take care to all

OZZY HARRY

I back onto the phuphaman national park about 130kms west of khonkaen.attachicon.gifC360_2015-06-18-09-20-16-388.jpgattachicon.gifC360_2015-06-18-09-18-44-571.jpgattachicon.gifC360_2015-06-18-09-17-42-013.jpg

Nice area to be in, them there hills.

You would be surprised what there doing with solar pumps these days and the volume of water and pressure they receive and it's only getting better, a few friends of ours not far from our village have put in bores down 50 metre all on submersible 50mm pumps, I was rather optimistic at first but ha surprise surprise, what pisses off in my village 3km away no one has a bore it's to salty.

I like your pump and the wheel setup nice and easy to handle, I have a six inch the same , but yours is bigger than mind, what I did , I brought a 15 hp v twin petrol motor light weight all alloy and made up bracket for the motor at the drive end and a couple of small pulley belts, it took a while to get the gear ratio right, to easy just hook-up 6'' flat pipe and go.

By the way, mine will have fat tyres and mags next week, with orange flame's down eachside of the pipe.

Still looking for a front bucket for my M7040 I don't need it just yet , until I start build my shed 24mtr by 14mtr it will handy holding concrete post up and steel frame work in position, im looing at a SUNCO TZ-100D 4 in 1 complete kit ex China .

Take care to all

OZZY HARRY

The longtail 6" i've just added a pto spline to the end so it can drive off a tractor,as you put a float on the inlet end i worry with a petrol motor that it wont sit allways in an upright position starving the engine of oil supply.

Saying that Redbullhorn has quite a few petrol powered ones that seem to work well..

The wheels are just temporary to get from a to b,they belong to my rotary harrow for depth control.

Good luck finding your loader bucket,sometimes going local for a product does reduce stress levels,you may be able to qa/qc it while its being built

Got any pictures of the new kubota with bachoe attachment..

Yes nice scenary here with 360 degree views and 340 metres above sea level..

Edited by farmerjo

Old man harry.

I would be very interested to hear or your outcomes for your research into buckets. Can you tel me where you found the star pickets? If that is what you mean by steel fence post. I am near muang phon.

Thanks

Old man harry.

I would be very interested to hear or your outcomes for your research into buckets. Can you tel me where you found the star pickets? If that is what you mean by steel fence post. I am near muang phon.

Thanks

Shaemus
Here
For your steel fencepost's, yes they are what us ozzy's call star pickets these ones are galvanised from New Zealand heavy gauge, I brought 200 1.8 long I think about 200baht each.
They have shit loads all different sizes and all the ozzy fencing gear.
You say you live near Phon ,well so do I, NongSongHong if you need a few I could help you out.
Regards Harry

• 2 months later...

Does anyone knows if there is a tractor that can accommodate a backhoe attachment? Don't seem to see this feature on any machines...

Most will or do...The backhoe is an attachment for a tractor....Quick release fittings and you can convert back and forth from tractor to backhoe....

Kubota tractors have the package, or the plain tractor.....have a look there.

Does anyone knows if there is a tractor that can accommodate a backhoe attachment? Don't seem to see this feature on any machines...

Most will or do...The backhoe is an attachment for a tractor....Quick release fittings and you can convert back and forth from tractor to backhoe....

Kubota tractors have the package, or the plain tractor.....have a look there.

Like weegee said,most tractor 3 point linkage will accomadate a backhoe,BUT keep in mind the weight of the machine I have a Kubota M7040 with a LW-10 backhoe 820kg I would not put this machine on any smaller tractor,overall not a bad machine, it has it's downsides and upsides ,I have made some changes to the unit,at it's weekest points,

I imported it from China, and would do again.

ThaiaGwaii,what sort of machinery do you have now.

Ozzy Harrypost-227885-0-76867100-1441883841_thumb.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/10/2015 at 6:18 PM, OLDMANHARRY said:

Like weegee said,most tractor 3 point linkage will accomadate a backhoe,BUT keep in mind the weight of the machine I have a Kubota M7040 with a LW-10 backhoe 820kg I would not put this machine on any smaller tractor,overall not a bad machine, it has it's downsides and upsides ,I have made some changes to the unit,at it's weekest points,

I imported it from China, and would do again.

ThaiaGwaii,what sort of machinery do you have now.

Ozzy Harrypost-227885-0-76867100-1441883841_thumb.

I too am wondering what this costs all said and done.  Also I have an L4308 and I'm wondering if this tool is advised.  The catalog shows one on the tractor just not this one.  I need to dig irrigation trenches for pipt and hole for fencing and trees.

• 4 months later...

kindly please let me know from which company you had imported this backhoe from, 

is it still working good, please let me know 

and also is it worth the investment, 

your responce on this will be highly apretiated waiting to hear from you thanks