Business executive denies backing Neo Democracy Movement

Lite Beer

Business executive denies backing Neo Democracy Movement
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A prominent business executive Sunday denied being involved with the movement of the Neo Democracy Movement (NDM) who defied junta's order to stage several protests against the military rule.

Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit wrote on his Facebook that he had never been involved with the set up, the campaign and the movement of the NDM.

He said he was at the Pathumwan Police Station on June 24, the day the students gathered in front of the station to file complaints against police for alleged abuse of power after their heavy-handed arrest for protesting against the first-year anniversary of the May 22 coup in Bangkok.

"I was there not because I used them as my puppets as accused. I was there as a citizen who has every right to think and believe differently. I want to give them [the students] what they needed most: encouragement and mental support," he wrote.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Business-executive-denies-backing-Neo-Democracy-Mo-30263282.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-06-28

"He said he was at the Pathumwan Police Station on June 24, the day the students gathered in front of the station to file complaints against police for alleged abuse of power after their heavy-handed arrest for protesting against the first-year anniversary of the May 22 coup in Bangkok."

- Just accidentally there at the same time.

- Not involved. I want to give them [the students] what they needed most: encouragement and mental support," he wrote.

Funny how this sounds like 'I have done nothing wrong'.

Always interesting to do some research on these people (and their possible motives for doing what they do) ... son of the 18th richest person in Thailand, one step up from the Shinawatra's.

So, the connection between this man and the Shinawatra family is that his father is slightly wealthier than them?

Clutching at straws I think.

Funny how once upon a time, they were all Thaksins friends and then turned on him, but now after deposing him and his sister, they seem to want to get democratic biggrin.png

Go NeoConservative and stop the rot!

One thing crooks really hate is finding out other crooks have been cheating on them. Capiche?

Always interesting to do some research on these people (and their possible motives for doing what they do) ... son of the 18th richest person in Thailand, one step up from the Shinawatra's.

So, the connection between this man and the Shinawatra family is that his father is slightly wealthier than them?

Clutching at straws I think.

No clutching at straws ... just stating facts ... Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit's mother is at #18 in Forbes Thailand Most Wealthiest, and the Shinawatra's are at #19. Why would you think there is a connection?

Goodness me, backing democracy? How terrible. Lock him up now.

Backing democracy.....you sure about that?

Lot's of history in this country totally false and deliberately untruthful rhetoric in regard to 'backing democracy' / 'protecting democracy'.

Oh sure..!!.....off to the Gulag!

open the bank accounts and check the flow of money and than into jail.....

More likely to be divert the flow of money

I should imagine that one of the problems with being a wealthy businessman who opposes the current regime is that there will be no shortage of people willing to take over your businesses. All in the name of restoring happiness...

Edited by JAG