Rib eye steak

ezzra

Went to Villa today and asked about their local rib eye price, b.1,580 was the answer behind the counter,

and this was for Thai-French beef, didn't ask about imported one, or god forbid Wagyu or Kobe beef,

my poor heart would have not stand the shock....

anybody with a knowledge where to get rib eye stakes without have to rob a bank first?

the best in thailand comes from THE PON-YANG-KHAM meat co-operative,they have outlets throughout thailand.

nice shop in rangsit.whole rib-eye around 600bht.kilo.sirlion 695bht.whole 665bht.sirlion rump [for roasting] 350bht.kilo.

if you place a decent order they will deliver.

contact 0868596865 042-756126.

the best in thailand comes from THE PON-YANG-KHAM meat co-operative,they have outlets throughout thailand.

nice shop in rangsit.whole rib-eye around 600bht.kilo.sirlion 695bht.whole 665bht.sirlion rump [for roasting] 350bht.kilo.

Do you know where in Rangsit?

Cheers.

Cheers.

my bil went there for me,if you click pon-yang kham you should find it.or get someone who speaks thai to phone the no.i gave you.

the name of the shopping center in rangsit sounds like seiar.

" Then the cuts are delivered to retail customers and the two cooperatives outlets, in Rangsit and in Sukhumvit Soi 33 -35“

That's mean that they're also supplying Thai-French people, where the price presumably

double and triple it self,,, the prices showing on their website are from 2009, let's hope

they haven't moved up much....

" Then the cuts are delivered to retail customers and the two cooperatives outlets, in Rangsit and in Sukhumvit Soi 33 -35“

That's mean that they're also supplying Thai-French people, where the price presumably

double and triple it self,,, the prices showing on their website are from 2009, let's hope

i buy in bulk 20kilo's + or whole sirlions,ribs,top,bottom round and cut it myself.the one time i got it from rangsit didnt buy much about 5,000bht.worth and they cut it,no discount.that address 33soi sukhumvit sounds like villa market to me not a butchery.

About four years ago I bought beef from a small butcher shop on Thong-Lor....The beef was dry aged for 30 days and the marbeling was near perfect. I used to buy Tri-tip it was vacum packed and 320kilo. It was some of the best beef I ever had.

It closed and I could never find out if it moved. Maybe it was Pon Yang Kham?????

i know its frozen, but i get mine from makro,

its not bad

Other than fresh pork or chicken, I have never seen decent meat at Makro.

Makro Hua Hin has good imported meat but no other branches

i buy in bulk 20kilo's + or whole sirlions,ribs,top,bottom round and cut it myself.the one time i got it from rangsit didnt buy much about 5,000bht.worth and they cut it,no discount.that address 33soi sukhumvit sounds like villa market to me not a butchery.

Thai French Butchery has an outlet in the small soi to the right of Villa Market entrance (soi 33 store)

It is on the right hand side of the soi about 50 metres from Sukumvit..

Thai French Butchery
591/16 ซอย สุขุมวิท 33/1
Sukhumvit
แขวง คลองตันเหนือ เขต วัฒนา
Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10110, Thailand
Open today 9:00 am – 6:00 pm

http://zlynn17.blogspot.com/2010/11/halal-high-quality-beef-at-thai-french.html

They also have an outlet in the soi to the right hand side of Zeer Rangsit (off Phahonyothin Rd) This is not easy to find. Enter Zeer by the McDonalds entrance and drive ahead past the enormous Zeer St building. Follow round to the right and go straight ahead and exit thru a small moobaan.. The Thai French Butchery is not far from that exit. Ask in that area. A small but clean shop with good cuts, well displayed and priced fairly, using reasonable quality beef (for Thailand that is).

http://www.thaifrenchbeef.com/PYK_ENG.html

In the same car-parking area as Villa Sukhumvit is a butcher's called "Thai French Butchery". They sell all sorts of beef products. To everyone! At the same prices.

Examples - Striploin@701/kg, beef slices for Shabu@547/kg, Rib Eye@626/kg, Wagyu@1600, SirloinTip@580.

They have pre-cut steaks in styrofoam trays, but I find them "Asian thickness", so I get them to cut 1.5-inch steaks for me.

I find that the Rib Eye has a lot of entrained fat for my taste, so I actually prefer the Striploin.

Quality - can't compare to the steaks we have at the good steakhouses in in the US, but good value for Thailand.

Steaks I bought there were shrink wrapped for me, but had Villas price stickers, but were a lot cheaper than in the Villa and were cut for me in font of me!

Cheers.

my bil went there for me,if you click pon-yang kham you should find it.or get someone who speaks thai to phone the no.i gave you.

the name of the shopping center in rangsit sounds like seiar.

Thanks.

Map is here, it's near Zeer Rangsit, which is a big 5 story computer mall.

http://www.thaifrenchbeef.com/Contact.html

Stake??

That is what you hammer into Dracula's heart.

Correctly spelt (well nearly).

Most of the Thai "stake/steak" is hard enough to use as a steak,

• 1 month later...

If you are after quality beef at reasonable prices, we offer premium dry aged beef which has a delicious flavour and we deliver to your door both in Bangkok and nationwide.

Prices:

Tomahawk 700 - 1000g. From 730 THB

Tenderloin (200g). 350 THB

Ribeye (300g). 355 THB

Striploin (300g). 345 THB.

For more info if ordering in Bangkok click here http://www.passiondelivery.com/collections/premium-imported-meat

If you want nationwide delivery click here http://www.passiondelivery.com/collections/passionbox-dry-delivered-nationwide

Enjoy!

Soi 33 butchery is located on the right inside parking area of Villa! I have got some great meat from there, ribeyes and T-Bones, and flank steak also. Sometime i get ground beef from them also and you tell them how much fat you want and can pick the cut of meat ground with, as I like my burgers a little fatty like in the US!

Soi 33 butchery is located on the right inside parking area of Villa! I have got some great meat from there, ribeyes and T-Bones, and flank steak also. Sometime i get ground beef from them also and you tell them how much fat you want and can pick the cut of meat ground with, as I like my burgers a little fatty like in the US!

i get some great fat off their meat,so i make beef dripping.yesterday i made burgers,useing,

70% meat

30%fat

some bread crumbs

cayenne pepper

and whats been in the fridge for months, a jar of AGNESI RED PESTO what it contained was perfect,after trying a sample the whole jar went in.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I would be very interested to know how our own dry aged ribyeye (355 baht for 300g) compares with any of the current rib eyes that you have purchased.

We have tried many of the steaks from various suppliers and we think for the quality and price, ours can't be beaten!

Anyone want to order one (or a few!) and do an test?

If interested, you can find it here http://www.passiondelivery.com/collections/premium-imported-meat/products/premium-dry-aged-beef-ribeye-300g