Someones used my Atm card

Sorry I forgot to check back on this topic. The 2k was definitely stolen, I checked with the bank today and it was charged by a pharmacy in Bang Na which I have never been to. The bank (kbank) say they will cover any losses after I reported the card lost. Which is obviously moot because they immediately cancelled the card. Won't refund the 2k, I tried arguing that I called and tried to report it, and its not my fault staff couldn't search for my name properly. But just got the usual Thai smile". I haven't been to the police, just because I'm not sure its worth the hassle.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bank involved should be able to tell you exactly where the debit card was used. Seems rather weird that only used for a 2k baht purchase.

My feeling is the 2k is gone and getting the bank to refund will be a long uphill battle that will be too frustrating to pursue.

I agree. It's the equivalent of about US$50. An amount I would not like to lose, but not life-threatening. Trying to get it back will probably cost you hours of your time and trying to find documents that will be difficult to locate.