Recommendations for a speech-therapist for a 3 year old?!

moonseeker

Good day

I am urgently looking for advise on a good speech-therapist for a friend's 3 year old kid. Also we would probably have to get a full assessment of possible causes for the obvious late/delayed development. Any Dr. names to start with would be much appreciated? Thank you all very much. wai.gif MS>

Sorry can not help and i am not sure such doctors exist in Pattaya

One thing you may want to clarify is what language as well.

On a personal note i suffered from stutter from a very young age.

My mother wasted tonnes of money, time and energy but all failed.

I grew up shy speaking in public and to be honest i ruined my own life by choosing paths which avoided speaking.

Will not bother you with details, but one thing i came to realize was the more "issues" my parents had with my stutter the more issues i developed.

From personal experience, do not make an issue out of it and even if kid does have a problem, he/she will not worry to a point of changing life like i did.

Once i realized that and overcome my "issue" i got on with my life and while i still may stutter at times, it does not stop me from doing what i want, including speaking in court or other stressful situations.

Sorry if i am out of line, just wanted to share personal experience, which might help you and your kid in some waywai2.gif

Just a word of encouragement.. my half thai/british kid could barely speak at 3 year old... Now at 4 1/2 I cant get him to shut up... if he's half/half its perfectly normal for late development due to taking on two languages... doctors will of course take your money... Kids start to speak when they feel they need to.

You can email Gavin Waddell at PhyaThai in SriRacha. He might be able to offer some suggestions. If not, several of my neighbors teach at the various schools around town. If no luck with Gavin, pm me and I will contact them. Best of luck.

You can email Gavin Waddell at PhyaThai in SriRacha. He might be able to offer some suggestions. If not, several of my neighbors teach at the various schools around town. If no luck with Gavin, pm me and I will contact them. Best of luck.

Thank you Craigt and all others kindly. Will contact Gavin , did not even think about him this time, he has helped me on many occasions. Best regards. MS>