All New Pajero Sport

If you want to see a good review there are some on You Tube as Mitsu Outlander 2016.

The Outlander is a compact SUV, the Paj Sport is not.... I dont see the relevance of an outlander review in a discussion about it's bigger brother.

Well My Mistake .They are all funny little truck things to most ,except serious ferangs. An SUV is to most is a V 8 with more BHP per Ton than a Honda City at 125 Bhp.

I would suggest the "serious ferang" takes things on face value and accepts them for what they are rather than constant whinging over many threads about clonkers and v6 or v8 petrol engines.... hell in this thread you have a dig at the subject vehicle and cannot even get it right with you "review" to watch <deleted>.

Put your money where your mouth is and buy a goddamn V6 or V8 SUV, they are available.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

More safety features including more airbags, an 8 speed auto box, fairly decent interior...just a few reasons why a Pajero Sport is a no-brainer, saw the new Fortuner a few days ago which was very disappointing and 100k more for the top spec one compared to the top spec Pajero.

More safety features including more airbags, an 8 speed auto box, fairly decent interior...just a few reasons why a Pajero Sport is a no-brainer, saw the new Fortuner a few days ago which was very disappointing and 100k more for the top spec one compared to the top spec Pajero.

It's 200K more for top spec fortuner. The pjs is looking really good value if you can live with the looks, which are not too bad to my eyes.

Article By Mitsubishi ThailandMitsubishi Motors launch All-new Pajero Sport in Thailand -- Stylish & Comfortable Off-road SUV -- Designed for Perfection --

new_pajero1.jpg

Bangkok, August 1, 2015;

ü Mitsubishi Motors Thailand (MMTh) announced the world premiere of The All-new Pajero Sport : Designed For Perfection for Thai market and go on sale at Bangkok International Grand Motor Sale during 1-9 August, 2015 at BITEC Bangna and at 220 dealerships throughout Thailand today.

ü With concept of Stylish & Comfortable Off-road SUV, the new car harmoniously balances high levels of Sophisticated Design, Advance Features and Premium Comfort that accommodates the diversification in consumer tastes and caters to the desire for greater luxury with 3 trim levels; GLS-LTD, GT and GT-Premium with attractive price ranging from 1,138,000 -1,399,000 Baht.

ü Make booking from now to 30 September 2015 and receive the car within December 31, 2015 to get special promotion; The introductory price for GT-Premium model; Free 1st class insurance Diamond Protection and Free Genuine Accessories Package value 14,000 Baht for all models.

http://www.farangmoto.com/thailand/index.php/82-mitsubishi/339-all-new-pajero-sport

Now I see it in the flesh its not that nice looking. Trying to hard, lipstick on a pig etc

You've seen on in the flesh where?

It's on display at BITEC ... the Everest puts it in deep shade ... as does the Everest with the others

I like the Everest, I really do, but in January 2006 I bought a Fortuner and it has never let me down once, nothing has ever gone wrong, and it's still going strong.

If it was a Toyota Everest I reckon I'd be tempted.

It's on display at BITEC ... the Everest puts it in deep shade ... as does the Everest with the others

I like the Everest, I really do, but in January 2006 I bought a Fortuner and it has never let me down once, nothing has ever gone wrong, and it's still going strong.

If it was a Toyota Everest I reckon I'd be tempted.

If it was a Toyota Everest, it'd probably cost closer to 3M Baht though, if Fortuner pricing is a guide ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe a stupid question, but is the pajero a diesel?

Secondly, what is Mitsubishi's repuation like with regards to servicing and reliability?

I actually like the look of it compared to the new fortuner. Having said that the new fortuner looks better than the previous model imho.

We looked at the Honda, Isuzu, Toyota & Mitsu.

We placed an order for a Pajero Sports, 2.4l, diesel, auto, 4WD, Pearl White.

Don't NEED the 4WD but the promotion was attractive.

Freebies - 1 yr Class 1 insurance.

My wife said there is a lot of interest in it at Central Airport Chiang Mai with the current promotion on the top model. What is the all in price? Are road taxes on top of the 1.399m baht? White is 10k extra I understand, never worked that one out. Why do they charge more for white or black sometimes? Is it a special paint different to the other colours, or just a way of increasing revenue on the most in demand colours?

interesting my wife said she was told that there was a 7k charge on top, some government fee so I assumed this was either the registration fee or road tax. In fairness not easy to explain and sometimes things get lost in translation.

interesting my wife said she was told that there was a 7k charge on top, some government fee so I assumed this was either the registration fee or road tax. In fairness not easy to explain and sometimes things get lost in translation.

That number sounds about right for the road tax on a PPV. What doesn't sound right is that you're paying for it :)

You need to negotiate this in - the dealer can and will pay it - along with the 1st year insurance, and along with window film, carpet mats, and whatever other accessories you want from the catalog.

B51k discount applies to 4WD only. Freebies - 1 year class 1 insurance, spoiler, front & rear under garnish. Freebies - total B25k.

BTW, Isuzu were eager to negotiate. Toyota - nothing = arrogance?

I understand that all decisions are made in BKK or Japan.

Edited by fang37

B51k discount applies to 4WD only. Freebies - 1 year class 1 insurance, spoiler, front & rear under garnish. Freebies - total B25k.

All dealers have room to move at their end - on top of any factory campaign.

You might want to start by mentioning the Everest and Fortuner next time you're talking to your Mitsu sales rep - the first thing they need to understand before they go into 'discount mode' is that there's competition for your business.. ;)

We visited several Toyota dealers. They made it quite clear that the offer was non-negotiable.

Isuzu - a little.

Mitsu - free floor mats? Where I live, all Mitsu dealers are owned by the one company. Therefore, they were unified in their approach.

In summary, the Pajero 4WD was by far the most attractive deal.

To be fair, certain Toyota Dealers can afford to hold out for nothing, others will throw in freebies, when I bought a Fortuner, Toyota Pattaya would give nothing but the insurance, Khon Kaen gave all the extras, in Pattaya they didn't have to give anything, not even a Test Drive, they still sold boatloads and had a 6 month waiting list, in my experience, up country is better service and the dealerships try a lot harder for your business.

IMHO Toyota will again be the best selling SUV in Thailand, and they know it, yes the Everest looks great inside, but the percieved Toyota reliability and Service is more or less set in stone, I think the Toyota will easily outsell the competition.

If the Ford proves reliable, Toyota will have to up their game, I'm sure they know that too, the Mitsubishi is no threat same goes for Isuzu and Nissan or Mazda don't have a pick up based SUV, I'm hoping the Ford will be as reliable as Toyota, it will be good for The Fortuner to finally have some competition, c'mon Ford is my cry, make Toyota up their game, us buyers will benefit from competition, let's at least have a 2 horse race for once.

Edited by Broken Record

To be fair, certain Toyota Dealers can afford to hold out for nothing, others will throw in freebies, when I bought a Fortuner, Toyota Pattaya would give nothing but the insurance, Khon Kaen gave all the extras, in Pattaya they didn't have to give anything, not even a Test Drive, they still sold boatloads and had a 6 month waiting list, in my experience, up country is better service and the dealerships try a lot harder for your business.

IMHO Toyota will again be the best selling SUV in Thailand, and they know it, yes the Everest looks great inside, but the percieved Toyota reliability and Service is more or less set in stone, I think the Toyota will easily outsell the competition.

If the Ford proves reliable, Toyota will have to up their game, I'm sure they know that too, the Mitsubishi is no threat same goes for Isuzu and Nissan or Mazda don't have a pick up based SUV, I'm hoping the Ford will be as reliable as Toyota, it will be good for The Fortuner to finally have some competition, c'mon Ford is my cry, make Toyota up their game, us buyers will benefit from competition, let's at least have a 2 horse race for once.

You will see from the sales report why Toyota "don't need to try harder" Over 12000 revos booked in July. Not so many for the ranger, but they did't take bookings for that full month. http://www.headlightmag.com/salesreport_july2015/

You will see from the sales report why Toyota "don't need to try harder" Over 12000 revos booked in July. Not so many for the ranger, but they did't take bookings for that full month. http://www.headlightmag.com/salesreport_july2015/

These reports are based on registration data - so reflect delivered cars, not booked cars.

anyone else manage to negotiate a better deal than this one which also includes registration fees of circa 7k