BKK Police Chief Angered by Breathalyser Test Requests

Lite Beer

The smart thing of course would have been to take the test to show no-one is above the law... but this is Thailand...

He could not take the test to show that no one is above the law because we all know, he is. No one ever accused a senior official as being smart either.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Chief you are wrong , it is offence to refuse a breathalyser test so how do you qualify not to do one , at the end of the day you are a member of the public and also an employee of the public , you really have no excuse and should be charge for refusing a breath test. Also at the beginning of each shift and at random every police officer and employee including senior management before signing on for the shift should also do a breath test , come up to international standards Chief you are so out of date the use by date is showing. coffee1.gif

In other counties it is compulsory to undergo a breath test when asked by an authorised officer irrespective of your rank, status or position.

I guess that leading by example is not part of his job description.

The arrogance of this guy is beyond belief. The whole idea of random breath testing is just that: it includes anyone in the queue, and the great majority who have just left the pub will insist that they are not drunk.

To me, the greater the insistence, the greater the chances are that the driver has been drinking.

Recently in Australia, a drink and drug breathalyser test was done, and they didn't catch one driver who had been drinking, but got 78 who had drugs in their system.

The General should have a quiet word to this guy, and let him know who he's working for - The people of Thailand

If the Police chief had some standards he should have been happy to have officers who did their job. But it seems the problem with drunken policemen is getting bigger. Just thinking about the video last week showing a severly drunken traffic cop on duty.

If the thai people do not get this arrogant double standard cop fired, I think I have lost all respect for thais and this country!

You don't understand He's a good man, He's a very good man a very very good man.

I usually cut my girlfiend off before she gets to the very very good part,.generally describing some arrogant, corrupt, self important nobody. Like a village head or school master.

How sad it is the world they're stuck in.

Edited by Oziex1

If he is off duty then he's not acting in the capacity of a police officer, so is the same as anyone else.

If he is on duty then he shouldn't be drinking alcohol and should be accountable to the public.

Either way, he should abide by the rules and take the breathalyzer test.

The elite the world over think the rules are not for them.. "Do you know who I am"?

"No sir I don't but if you don't blow for the test you are going to find out who I am after a couple of hours at the police station".

The problem was that he may have drunk some alcohol . If he hadn't had an alcoholic drink , then there was no reason not to have taken a breath test and to have applauded the voluntary police for doing their job .

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed, again.

Wow, way to go to confirm there's a very big double-standard here ... same thing happened with the gun at the airport ... the laws/rules don't apply to me, I'm too important.

Like the US banking system "To big to fail" They were only trying to do their job. Big or small they should do them all. Arrogance in action. Leading by example? Take your pick. Again an example of non accountability by the powers that be. If he was smart he would have taken a selfie of himself being tested just to show Joe Public that no one is above the law. Missed a great photo opportunity to do some good.

if police are supposed to be the example for non govt officials, does that mean we all can follow suit and deny breathalizer tests? just say i m not drunk and let it go at that? if indeed he was not drunk he should have just taken the test and passed it and make a good example of himself. instead he just showed he thinks he is above the law. oh... and teach the officers to be better at their job? does this mean learn to recognize people who think they are above the law? i thought the police volunteers were just doing their job correctly.

Just when you think you have heard and seen all the crap this country has to offer, you see another instance more gory than the last. This police chief should be stripped of his title and face disciplinary action.

...when a liar voluteers any information...you can be sure it is not true.....

...not sure if this is the case here....but why refuse to comply...5 times....then 'pull rank'...........

...who else can simply shrug of a compulsory stop that way......

...that is the problem in the land of denial.....'I didn't do it'.....'It wasn't me'...'I did not know'.......

....generally failure to comply with checkpoint instructions is automatic arrest.....

...and my hat off to the guy who was doing his job conscientiously.....to his detriment....

This is not even a case of arrogance or showing off your might. The rules for taking a breadth test should be properly written , spelled out and carved out in municipal law. Everyone is subject to the law and no one is above it. This police chief should not be above the rules and if he breaks it or fails to cooperate, then he is subjected to be treated the same way as the rules dictate.

This guy is so out of it , he is saying that when a policeman stops someone, anyone for a breadth test, all the person should do is say .....'i am not drunk ' and that is the end of that.

This is the police chief ,and this is the kind of law he wants to be administered.

i say this man is unfit for the position and another case for the pm to replace him.

....and this is the reason why the whole system here in Thailand will fail miserably....!!!

If the ones on the top even refuse to follow suit, and no support from the top layer

how can the police enforce those rules?????

They should fire the guy just to set an example.....

Khun Prayut, your person is in charge here and action is required !!!!!