New Thai(Elite)Visa ! 5 Year PE Visa !

Thai visa gets a cut?

I wonder how profitable this is for them.

Of course they get commission for a membership done through them. It one of the things that can help keep this website operating.

Profitable for whom? For TV it would be piece of its overall income.

• Like 2

Really, considering ThaiVisa's prominent place in the expat community in Thailand, it kind of boggles that it's taken the Thailand Elite folks this long (years!!!) to arrange some kind of sponsorship deal.

Perhaps that kind of astute marketing is one of the reason's that the quasi-government agency running the program is having financial troubles, and, last I saw based on reporting in the BKK Post, talking about increasing the price of their visa packages in order to better cover their costs, since after all, it's meant to be a profit making venture for Thailand Elite.

• Like 1

Really, considering ThaiVisa's prominent place in the expat community in Thailand, it kind of boggles that it's taken the Thailand Elite folks this long (years!!!) to arrange some kind of sponsorship deal.

Perhaps that kind of astute marketing is one of the reason's that the quasi-government agency running the program is having financial troubles, and, last I saw based on reporting in the BKK Post, talking about increasing the price of their visa packages in order to better cover their costs, since after all, it's meant to be a profit making venture for Thailand Elite.

Personally I don't think that it is Thailand Elite that took "years to arrange some kind of sponsorship".

For years, especially on thaivisa forum, there was a surrealistically strong opposition to the Thailand Elite program, with heavy criticism only based on totally subjective, false, sometimes fabricated, and politically tainted sentiments...

At the same time, the Thailand Elite program was providing comfort and convenience to its members, who enjoyed long term easy SE, and now PE visas, while this forum was promoting all sorts of zig zagging to stay long term in Thailand on tourist visas, extensions, ED visas, etc...

Over the early years, even with highly positive feedbacks about the program from its members, the general attitude on this forum regarding this matter kept super negative. Kind of surreal.

Things have changed since then. More and more people join Thailand Elite, more and more people recognize the convenience of the program, most people can't negate the fact that the members happily enjoy the privileges, some since over a decade, ... and the attitude of this forum towards the program has become a friendly attitude.

Being myself a Thailand Elite member since 12 years, I am happy to see that, finally, the program is now recommended by this forum as a good option for those who have the funds to become member.

My only regret is that it took years for thaivisa forum to finally accept the fact that Thailand Elite is a great product, and that many (financially comfortable) people were wrongly directed to far more difficult options, full of worries and headaches, such as continuously extending tourist, visa exempt, or ED visas.

Without forgetting the (financially comfortable) retirees, who are now also switching to the comfort of Thailand Elite, rather than keep on extending their retirement visas...

Edited by gerry1011

Which cars are the limo ? and its free ?

Since the Thailand Elite subject is my favorite one, I allow myself to list a few of the privileges:

- 5 years PE visa, renewable 3 times, without leaving the country, in the case of the full 20 years membership.

- 1 year stamp, each time you enter the country.
No need to leave the country to extend the stamp.

- So, if the member wanted it, he/she could stay 20 years in Thailand without leaving the country.

- Superb assistance at the airport, with charming girls waiting for the member at the gate.

- Super fast and super easy immigration procedures (when arriving or departing, and even when obtaining the visa itself).

- Limo service.

- A priceless feeling of being welcome back, each time the member arrives in Thailand.

- Unlimited entries in the country.

- Invitations to exclusive events.

- Discounts here and there, from hotels and shopping, to yacht charters and private jets.

- All this, and more, for a very affordable fee.

smile.png

It is not even equivalent cost of 1 business class flight back to UK per year. And it is 6 years if you get a stamp for a year at the end of your fifth year.

Those over 50 or married need to stop trolling, or those eking out an existence in the LOS - this is for people under 50 and not married!

For people in the Oil and Gas game it is peanuts - less that 2 days rates per year.

I would imagine you get treated better and don't have to bother with immigration.

I am seriously considering this.

Exactly.

If this option was available back in '04 I would have gone for it as well, just for the hassle free visa. At that time I wasn't old enough for the Retirement option nor was I married, but I had the cash. I looked at the initial (2 mil) deal with the initial "promise of land ownership" but it seemed rather scammy at the time, especially with khun you-know-who promoting it. The whole land ownership thing disappeared rather quickly and most of the rest of the benefits had no interest for me so I didn't bother getting the card. That "scamminess" along with all the negative threads is probably why ThaiVisa didn't get in on the deal long ago. Had they have been sponsoring Elite Cards in the beginning it would have generated a lot of negativity towards TV (whether or not it was actually justified). Remember as well that this particular version of the Elite Card wasn't an option back then either.

Now there's no real benefit in it for me as I'm old enough for the Retirement option (still not married - knock on wood). Once a year I spend less than 2 hours and a small amount of baht and I'm good for another year. Even with this Elite Card you'll still have to make a yearly trip to an Immigration office to get extended for another year. Only difference is (probably) less paper work and no requirement to prove finances.

(Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that yearly extension comes with a 1,900 baht fee doesn't it ?)

So yes, it isn't applicable to many who are already in Thailand and on other types of Visas, but it would be a nice option for a lot of others, especially in the "Overseas Contractor" type jobs. I know a lot of guys in Afghanistan that would have gone for this option. Some of those guys were on 4/4 rotations (4 weeks in, 4 weeks out) and many couldn't go back to their home countries too often or they'd face huge tax penalties.

Who knows, if this particular option becomes popular, it may open the doors to other "long stay" options that could benefit others as well, especially if the government sees there is a market (and thus a profit) for hassle-free, long term stay options.

Or not. T.i.T.

• Like 1

Personally I don't think that it is Thailand Elite that took "years to arrange some kind of sponsorship".

AFAIK, ThaiVisa would have been more than happy to accept Thailand Elite as a paid sponsor on the forum, or some similar kind of promotional arrangement, anywhere along the way -- notwithstanding what individual members might think of the program.

Having a popular or well-regarded business has never been an essential criteria for becoming a sponsor here, to the best of my knowledge. Paying money, however, is an entirely different matter.

• Like 1

What would happen if PE visa holders didn't bother doing 90-day reports and only left the country once a year to get another year's permission to stay?

Are there any reports of PE visa holders / Thai Elite members getting fined for not doing their 90-day reports?

Since the Thailand Elite subject is my favorite one, I allow myself to list a few of the privileges:

- 5 years PE visa, renewable 3 times, without leaving the country, in the case of the full 20 years membership.

- 1 year stamp, each time you enter the country.

No need to leave the country to extend the stamp.

- So, if the member wanted it, he/she could stay 20 years in Thailand without leaving the country.

- Superb assistance at the airport, with charming girls waiting for the member at the gate.

- Super fast and super easy immigration procedures (when arriving or departing, and even when obtaining the visa itself).

- Limo service.

- A priceless feeling of being welcome back, each time the member arrives in Thailand.

- Unlimited entries in the country.

- Invitations to exclusive events.

- Discounts here and there, from hotels and shopping, to yacht charters and private jets.

- All this, and more, for a very affordable fee.

smile.png

Yes, affordable only to a small minority.

For years, especially on thaivisa forum, there was a surrealistically strong opposition to the Thailand Elite program, with heavy criticism only based on totally subjective, false, sometimes fabricated, and politically tainted sentiments...

<snipped>

I don't think it is fair to blame Thai Visa for the negative comments. It is not possible to exercise 100% control over what is posted.

It certainly was not Thai visa's policy to allow those posts.

I think perhaps the most negative members gave up posting because they were confronted with to many positive posts. This is especially true when they were posting false info.

If this program adds options for those people who are under 50....then fine.

I do hope people under 50 have new, and cheaper alternatives...as this would be a hard pill to swallow.

Paying up front, and then deciding...after a year, that Thailand is not what you expected.

Perhaps a 50 percent refund if one should pull out after a year...might make it viable.

Just a beneficial suggestion. It might pay off for everyone concerned.

What would happen if PE visa holders didn't bother doing 90-day reports and only left the country once a year to get another year's permission to stay?

Are there any reports of PE visa holders / Thai Elite members getting fined for not doing their 90-day reports?

Why would you do such a thing?

Just to break the rule?

• Like 1

I just don't understand the venom and negative comments regarding the Thai Elite 5 year.

If some members can afford it and it suited their circumstances then fine, leave them to it. It's their choice for f*!ks sake.

For the others that moan about how expensive it is etc.......then why bother? Its not for you so leave it at that.

because we like to comment,its a forum.

• Like 2

Can anyone confirm.... Is the Elite Visa 90 day reporting or is it 1 year?

The PE visa is valid for 5 years and allows unlimited one year entries.

You just make reports of staying longer than 90 days in the country.if you stay that long.

• Like 2

Outrageous suggestion.

As people over 50 COULD get retirement extensions for much less money, how about offering a 50 percent discount on this visa for the over 50 set?

This would likely attract a lot more over 50 customers who just want to avoid the annual extension bother.

Why would you do such a thing?

Just to break the rule?

Because a 4-hour round trip in the car + petrol cost seems pointless and less than the fine. All this in addition to the queueing and hassle in the immigration office itself.

You didn't answer the question by the way. wink.png

Yes, it's worth less to me because I have another option that costs a lot less.

If I didn't have that other option, the current price would seem more reasonable and I would probably pay it assuming I wanted to live in Thailand for 5 years.

Actually as I said before for me, it's worth even less than 250K for 5 years. But I thought the idea of 50 percent off for over 50 was kind of catchy and I WOULD more seriously consider it at that price.

• Like 2