Best currency exchange in pattaya

golf1here

My point is fx rates for the baht are highly volatile right now and change multiple times throughout the day. To say A is better than B is ludicrous. The businesses mentioned in this thread are highly competitive and historically give a better exchange rate than the big banks. To say TT is better than Yenjit is an unknown unless two people are standing at each business respectively with their mobiles comparing rates simultaneously. The differences are inconsequential and walking from one to the other searching for the highest rate is just dumb. Location and perceived safety would be the determining factors for me for those businesses being discussed. For reference, here are some recent rates but I would not place too much faith that these places update their Web rates regularly. http://daytodaydata.net/

Better not to force the point of one's argument by just using Yenjit and TT and the idea that we are all wandering around like zombies constantly comparing hour after hour. I will say it again: for many of us its just TT and don't bother any more with the mainline banks in the area. As for rates changing throughout the day, that also is an irrelevance as rates can go up or down. How it works when we are considering changing our wedges is to have a figure we want to change at. Changing significant amounts on each transaction means that one has sufficient reserve to wait. Once the marker is reached then change. I don't care if anybody uses Yenjit rather than TT. TT is convenient for me. The main office on Second Road opposite the small Mike's Shopping Mall my usual destination.

We are all happy TT works out for you and if I lived in area and was forced to use a foreign exchange booth I would probably use them also. But folks can use the other places mentioned (Yenjit, CC) without making a special trip to TT with confidence they are getting a competitive rate(or perhaps better). With some of these numbers thrown around on this thread ($3000) I personally feel people are nuts risking carrying that kind of cash. I simply use my VISA PLUS ATM card at any ATM knowing I am getting the best exchange rate. After I make my withdrawal I take two steps to the right and make a cash deposit to my local Thai bank. I don't risk carrying excess cash on my person.

The TT Exchange at the southern end of Second Road isn't just a booth. Its also a walk-in office which also provides a security box service. Whether you feel comfortable carrying $3k around is not the topic. What is the topic is whether using TT (or Yenjit, or Superrich etc) makes any significant difference over that of using the main banks. And it does.

This is good information as it answers the OP's question about a walk - in office and his security concerns. Looking at the 3rd post of this thread, the TT office at Jomtien appears to be a walk-in office too.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CC exchange buy highest in soi 7 and 8 beach rd.

Soi bukhao

Jomtien only box near temple.

So thats our 4 boxes out of 12. Higher then TT

Highest in Pattaya

BeefSlapper, for an exercise today I did my usual powerwalk along soi Buakhow. I checked about 12 exchange booths, all had their rates clearly posted in the windows. However 1 did not and it was a CC Exchange (is this one, one of yours? a red and white one?). It had the lettering of each currency but no numbers or exchange rates. This was around 11 AM. My question is why did they not clearly show their rates whilst all the others did? And what is your GBP rate, right now? I mean you won't put it in your windows, what do think a farang walking by is thinking if the rates aren't up? I have a photo if you want me to post it.

Soi bukhao

Highest in Pattaya

BeefSlapper, for an exercise today I did my usual powerwalk along soi Buakhow. I checked about 12 exchange booths, all had their rates clearly posted in the windows. However 1 did not and it was a CC Exchange (is this one, one of yours? a red and white one?). It had the lettering of each currency but no numbers or exchange rates. This was around 11 AM. My question is why did they not clearly show their rates whilst all the others did? And what is your GBP rate, right now? I mean you won't put it in your windows, what do think a farang walking by is thinking if the rates aren't up? I have a photo if you want me to post it.

Yes sir thats the one.

Few reasons I dont show rates now. U have to ask staff.

I had other exchanges comes and spy on me taking photos of rates. Few days ago TT staff stood outside waiting for customer to turn up so she can photograph rates.

I know thier rates the dont mine. Thats why Its highest.

Other exchanges were getting upset that I buy higher they can afford.

Hope thats enough info 4 ya

Next time save ur walking go stright to CC, highest. [emoji38] [emoji61]

You didn't answer the other question, at around 11 AM what was your GBP rate?

55.87 GBP at 10:52

Thank you BeefSlapper, of the ones I checked (about 12) the highest was the same as yours. It was the one on the S bend in Buakhow opposite R-Con. So today along with the other one you were indeed the highest. You sure have a strange way of running your business, ie not putting up the values but that is not for me to judge as I don't run that kind of business. But if it works for you good and well.

On another note, some people have said "that it isn't worth running around checking various rates". I think it is, today the Bangkok Bank was offering 55.19 to the GBP, others were offering 55.52 and the best was 55.87.

If I were cashing 1,000 GBP the differences would be 55,190 baht, 55,520 and yours at CC and the S Bend would have netted 55,870.

I don't know about anyone else but by going with the highest would have meant an extra 680 baht in your pocket. Even if you went to a mid range exchange both you would still be 350 baht better off. For a short walk to check, I'll take the extra every-time.tongue.png

Thank you BeefSlapper, of the ones I checked (about 12) the highest was the same as yours. It was the one on the S bend in Buakhow opposite R-Con. So today along with the other one you were indeed the highest. You sure have a strange way of running your business, ie not putting up the values but that is not for me to judge as I don't run that kind of business. But if it works for you good and well.

On another note, some people have said "that it isn't worth running around checking various rates". I think it is, today the Bangkok Bank was offering 55.19 to the GBP, others were offering 55.52 and the best was 55.87.

If I were cashing 1,000 GBP the differences would be 55,190 baht, 55,520 and yours at CC and the S Bend would have netted 55,870.

I don't know about anyone else but by going with the highest would have meant an extra 680 baht in your pocket. Even if you went to a mid range exchange both you would still be 350 baht better off. For a short walk to check, I'll take the extra every-time.tongue.png

Just approach them and ask they not bite [emoji38]

Questions for you Beefy.

1. What is the limit for you for exchange. i.e. do you have large amounts of baht in cash at your booths. I am talking about changing 10,000-20,000USD or more.

2. If I call your number can I lock in a rate and then go along to your booth later.

Den

Questions for you Beefy.

1. What is the limit for you for exchange. i.e. do you have large amounts of baht in cash at your booths. I am talking about changing 10,000-20,000USD or more.
2. If I call your number can I lock in a rate and then go along to your booth later.

Den

Yes.
Guess u can lock larger ammounts but dont blame me if rate will go up ☺

Problem with locking is, that we have to lock that rate in place where we sell to, and its problem when someone we lock it and you not turn up, that means Im 10k USD short that cant be unlocked, happened in past that I had to buy USD or borrow, but that dosent means NO

And yes fell free to call.

My gf is the mastermind of the rates so its her who will sort you out.

Mention thaivisa

Edited by BeefSlapper

Soi bukhao

Highest in Pattaya

Yes sir thats the one.

I had other exchanges comes and spy on me taking photos of rates. Few days ago TT staff stood outside waiting for customer to turn up so she can photograph rates.

90% of people probably higher will walk straight past if you dont dispay me included. If you are offering the best rates clearly advertise it. People will soon know you're the best no matter if TT or Yenjit or Billy No Mates photograph your offerings.

No rates and you'll soon go out of Business

Soi bukhao

Highest in Pattaya

Yes sir thats the one.

90% of people probably higher will walk straight past if you dont dispay me included. If you are offering the best rates clearly advertise it. People will soon know you're the best no matter if TT or Yenjit or Billy No Mates photograph your offerings.

I display before

Hard to explain

Currency wars

Soi bukhao

Highest in Pattaya

Yes sir thats the one.

My gf said if you cant be bothered to stop by and ask for rates, carry on with ur walking, you deserve lower rates

Soi bukhao

Highest in Pattaya

Yes sir thats the one.

My gf said if you cant be bothered to stop by and ask for rates, carry on with ur walking, you deserve lower rates

I know CC is a new business, just starting up, so I will cut you some slack. Your rates should be fully disclosed to the public and despite what your gf might say. Every currency exchange business must and should disclose rates and all do except yours. If they don't then a visit or call to the Consumer Protection Agency at City Hall is in order. It would be a good business practice to publish and maintain your rates on your Facebook and website pages.

Edited by ThaiBob

Soi bukhao

Highest in Pattaya

Yes sir thats the one.

I know CC is a new business, just starting up, so I will cut you some slack. Your rates should be fully disclosed to the public and despite what your gf might say. Every currency exchange business must and should disclose rates and all do except yours. If they don't then a visit or call to the Consumer Protection Agency at City Hall is in order. It would be a good business practice to publish and maintain your rates on your Facebook and website pages.

Its not new sir.

3.5 years at least

Soi bukhao

Highest in Pattaya

Yes sir thats the one.

There is no law stating we must display rates in window.

Staff got it on borad that they will show u when u approach.

Its not city hall who regulates exchanges but Thai national bank.

Put it that way.

If you sell som tam on the street for 50thb

Then I turn up and sell same thing for 30. And you cant afford to sell for 30. And theres 30 of you.

You would go upset and bother me don't u.

Its one of the reasons we hide rates now.

And as being in that business I know all exchanges in Pattaya.

We are not only ones doing it.

In fact in ciang mai all exchanges do not display any rates

Am actually starting to wonder if this isn't a wind up. No one in their right mind doesn't display their Rates. Now staff approach people with a "board" ??

Assumption is always the mother of all fuxx ups and assuming people will stop and ask your rates is a big one. They wont simple as, they'll think you're closed

I've never asked a moneychanger for their rates in my life. I never would. I've never seen a moneychanger not display rates... in any country. Usually when they are closed they take them down, so if I see no rates I assumed they are closed for business.

I'd say that's not a good business decision.

Put it that way.

Then I turn up and sell same thing for 30. And you cant afford to sell for 30. And theres 30 of you.

Seriously mate....if you don't display rates and people have to ask, it would feel like you're scamming. You could be profiling the customers and deciding who to give better rates to. It's one of the reasons why I don't buy stuff at markets if prices aren't displayed.

I have no idea about what they're doing in Chiang Mai, but IMO it's not smart business anywhere.

Edited by tropo

Soi bukhao

Highest in Pattaya

Yes sir thats the one.

Its not new sir.

3.5 years at least

Then I suggest you create a state of the art Facebook and Web page and keep them current. Even Yenjit can do that and they are a few Thai business! The posters here will go out of their way to get a good rate if disclosed but your local tourists will opt for convenience and keep walking past your business.

Am actually starting to wonder if this isn't a wind up. No one in their right mind doesn't display their Rates. Now staff approach people with a "board" ??

Assumption is always the mother of all fuxx ups and assuming people will stop and ask your rates is a big one. They wont simple as, they'll think you're closed

When you will do any business in pattaya then you will get it.

Get some expirience then come back talk to me.

I dont force you to use my business, just pass it keep walking. ..

Believe or not they do. And they comming back.

They dont assume its closes as there is light sign that says OPEN.

Changed up a large sum two days ago after checking along soi Buakhao .CC and three others were at lunch Most of the others were the same rate with two being lower and just one 2 santang higher which I used. No one was interested in giving a higher rate for larger amounts.I was happy anyway as my target of a good rate over 55b had been reached several days before.

Put it that way.

Seriously mate....if you don't display rates and people have to ask, it would feel like you're scamming. You could be profiling the customers and deciding who to give better rates to. It's one of the reasons why I don't buy stuff at markets if prices aren't displayed.

I have no idea about what they're doing in Chiang Mai, but IMO it's not smart business anywhere.

I told you reasons the best I could for hiding rates.

I do that business 3.5 years here, I tried everything, I used to display rates.

Its due to compettition.

Put it that way, me hiding rates = you get more, and im highest around, and no one bothers me.

I just giving u tip here about high rates, I dont force anyone.

For example right now the wholesale GBP price is 54.98, means them exchanges sell it to banks for 54.98 so they display for example 54.96

My rate now is 55.00 which is higher then thier wholesale rate.

hope u get a picture