Banyin tells of land deals with Chuwong and the fatal crash

Lite Beer

Banyin tells of land deals with Chuwong and the fatal crash
The Nation

30266173-01_big.jpg

Banyin Tangpakorn

BANGKOK: -- FORMER deputy commerce minister Pol Lt-Colonel Banyin Tangpakorn revealed recently that he and the late construction tycoon Chuwong Saetang worked together on several business projects and were even planning to set up a political party before the accident that took Chuwong's life.

In an interview with Nation TV, Banyin said he met Chuwong two years ago while they were doing a special course at the Thailand National Defence College (TNDC). He said he persuaded Chuwong to buy a plot of land on the riverbank opposite the Nakhon Sawan provincial hall, under a deal that 60 per cent of it would be owned by the late businessman and the remainder by him.

They also bought another plot together in Phitsanulok province and had planned to launch a Bt2-billion project on it.

"I stood to gain more than Bt300 million from these two investments. But now that Chuwong has died, I stand to gain nothing," he said.

Banyin said he also asked Chuwong to help set up a political party, called "Choo Chart Thai", with the late tycoon as party leader and himself as secretary-general. They were planning to raise Bt5 billion to fund political activities.

The former minister said Chuwong had entrusted him with the management of three stock portfolios, one worth Bt50 million co-owned by the late tycoon and their TNDC colleagues, a second worth Bt50 million wholly owned by Chuwong, and a third worth Bt400 million.

He said Chuwong had signed transfer documents giving Bt300 million worth of shares to two women - a caddy and a broker. He also insisted that the late tycoon had checked the documents and written e-mails to the two women telling them about the transfer - adding that if there had been anything fraudulent about the documents, Chuwong would have been the first to notice.

The ex-minister recounted that he, Chuwong and their friends had planned to hold a golfing party on June 26 to celebrate their graduation from the Capital Market Academy. On that day, he said, he was heading to Chuwong's office to consult him about the construction of a house, when he met the late tycoon's driver and asked him if he had brought Chuwong's golf clubs. The driver said no, because his boss had thought the appointment was on June 27. So Chuwong instructed the driver to go home to pick up his clubs, Banyin said.

After golfing, he said, Chuwong drank two glasses of wine, but he had stayed off alcoholic beverages. Banyin offered to drive the late businessman home, but did not check to see if he was wearing a seatbelt. He said he suspected Chuwong had fallen asleep at the time when he had to swerve sharply to avoid another car cutting in before him and ended up hitting a tree.

He said he lost consciousness and only woke when someone knocked on the window. He then noticed that Chuwong's head was between the console and the gearshift. He had tried to move his friend's body, but could not because he too was injured. So he called a rescue centre and told his wife to let Chuwong's wife know about the crash.

Banyin said rescue workers tried to resuscitate Chuwong - and even heard one of them saying that he was alive.

He apologised to the late tycoon's family for not revealing that Chuwong had an intimate relationship with the two share recipients. He said Chuwong wanted him to keep that secret because he didn't want his wife to find out, and he did what he was told because he owed his friend a debt of gratitude.

Banyin also said the late businessman often used his phone to call the two women, which is why his telephone records show he called them often.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Banyin-tells-of-land-deals-with-Chuwong-and-the-fa-30266173.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-08-08

So I suppose these phone calls to the caddies and emails to them are available to view, IE his family are granted access to his email and phone records so they can check exactly.

This guy Bunyin appears to be a total scumbag. Keeps adding stuff to the original story, certainly seems a lot in this case stinks. The only thing good about t is that the shares are frozen and will remain so indefinitely it seems

I am reading the various articles written on this case.....

......he denied that Chuwong was dead before the accident

......the airbag did not function which suggests the car was travelling at low speed

My next google search was ................."untraceable-poisons-used-to-kill-people"

A nice neat little story wrapping up all the discrepancies and questions. Some of it should be able to be corroborated if you can believe no one has been paid off. Too bad the one person who could corroborate this 100% it is not longer here.

In the legal jargon, this is referred to as "He said, He's Dead".

Going on TV is a bold strategy. He doesn't even have to pay for favorable publicity.

Not that it matters, but one assumes he can back up all of his story with witnesses, documents, phone records, etc?

He said Chuwong had signed transfer documents giving Bt300 million worth of shares to two women - a caddy and a broker. He also insisted that the late tycoon had checked the documents and written e-mails to the two women telling them about the transfer - adding that if there had been anything fraudulent about the documents, Chuwong would have been the first to notice.

Makes sense. Or, upon finding out the caddy and broker had illegally transferred his shares, Chuwong told his "trusted friend" Bunyin, who realized he had to act quickly? Whack.

Looking at the photos of the vehicle in question, it is difficult to see how anything more than a minor concussion would be the result from the damage shown. Looked like the front end damage was so minor that the wheel alignment would not have been altered. Maybe there is other damage not shown in the photos in the Nation pieces.

Banyin certainly has a persuasive way of spending someone else's money...."He said he persuaded Chuwong to buy a plot of land on the riverbank opposite the Nakhon Sawan provincial hall, under a deal that 60 per cent of it would be owned by the late businessman and the remainder by him." No mention of Banyin contributing the remaining 40%. However, this could be a reporting oversight, and I might be misjudging the man!

Everything about this guy, his words, his face, his eyes....reeks of a greedy calculating psychopath.

I'm more certain than ever that he manipulated his own personal whores to seduce the victim.

Edited by Seastallion

Why is it that the vast majority of Thai's believe that wine Is not drinking an alcoholic beverage?

I think he meant that Chuwong drank some wine but he did not. That sounds implausible to me, but I'm an alcoholic.

Everything about this guy, his words, his face, his eyes....reeks of a greedy calculating psychopath.

Well, Bunyin's ex-wife might be able to corroborate your suspicions, if she hand't died under eerily similar suspicious circumstances in 1988.

What're the odds?

Who owned the other 400 million??

There is an explanation for the other two transfers but the third and largest is conveniently left out..... Was it anything to do with Banyin?

There was three portfolio's totaling B 500 mil of which B 300 mil was transfered to the mia noi's.

So much speculation, why not check for the emails the deseased send (supposed to) to the mia noi's. Then check the DNA of the pregnant mia noi to see if the deseased was the father. Then check why the airbag didnt open, I had a friend which died when a Merc's airbag did open so its possible. Investigate the land deals they were in together and see if something was fishy. Investigate Banyin's finances. But please just stop this never ending Thai soap opera style investigation.

Who owned the other 400 million??

There is an explanation for the other two transfers but the third and largest is conveniently left out..... Was it anything to do with Banyin?

There was three portfolio's totaling B 500 mil of which B 300 mil was transfered to the mia noi's.

So much speculation, why not check for the emails the deseased send (supposed to) to the mia noi's. Then check the DNA of the pregnant mia noi to see if the deseased was the father. Then check why the airbag didnt open, I had a friend which died when a Merc's airbag did open so its possible. Investigate the land deals they were in together and see if something was fishy. Investigate Banyin's finances. But please just stop this never ending Thai soap opera style investigation.

It's taken a few weeks to get the story so convoluted and rich. Wonder who has been helping him get everything into order like this? Even an excuse for the phone calls on his phone to the two tarts. He kindly lent the phone to his mate!

Looks like he'd got a number of scams going to suck money from this guy. A "friend" he only met 2 years ago. More like the whole thing was planned from the start and either the murder was necessary because the deceased found out what was really going on; or the murder was planned from the outset.

How many similar scenarios at all levels of society for massive, small and even tiny amounts go on in Thai society? And because theyknow the police can be paid off.

Just from the photo, if I met this guy for the first time in a pub, dressed casually, and had no idea who is was, I would stay away from him, and I would not make eyes with any woman he was with, and I would keep a very subtle eye on him.

Just my instinct.

Just from the photo, if I met this guy for the first time in a pub, dressed casually, and had no idea who is was, I would stay away from him, and I would not make eyes with any woman he was with, and I would keep a very subtle eye on him.

Just my instinct.

Indeed. And that's just from photos. There's definitely something about him that makes the hairs on your neck stand up. A man to be avoided.