Somyot says Thaksin’s police rank case is still underway

webfact

Off all the problems Thailand is facing do the Junta really see this token scalp as really that important?

It should of been done long ago, and it really shouldn't be this big of an issue. Quite pathetic really.

You are correct : it should not be such big an issue and it really is pathetic.

It's the tomato policeman scared of Thaksin's displeasure which is the problem - not the Junta's.

It seems it is a little too complicated for you to see that.

Ahh here is EnglishJohn with his snide remarks. The thread is now complete.

What iota of difference does it make if Thaksin has his rank or not? He can't exactly use it in his exile can he?

*awaits the obligatory he controls the cops from Skype/dubai bogey man comment*

Off all the problems Thailand is facing do the Junta really see this token scalp as really that important?

It should of been done long ago, and it really shouldn't be this big of an issue. Quite pathetic really.

It seems somewhat ludicrous.

Either the law says a convicted criminal cannot hold a police rank or it doesn't. That's not the issue, although you're right it should have been answered and action taken when the conviction happened, if that is the law.

The issue now is it appears the CoP is reluctant to make a decision, and then take action or not take action and announce why. He wants to get out this month and leave it for someone else to do. Typical Thai thinking. He doesn't want to be accountable or responsible, nor is he willing to piss Thaksin off as he might get back in power, even through another proxy, and is known as a vindictive bar steward.

To farangs it's simple. What's the law say, there's the answer, follow it. To Thais, have you noticed how complex even the simplest of things can become. All because know one wants to make the decision on something, which makes them accountable and responsible, and might incur some adverse consequences sometime in the future,

This is a great example of why nothing gets changed.

Good post and I agree. 'Pass the buck' exists everywhere here.

There's also procedures for locking up murders and cop killers too, but hey, what's more important ?

Stripping a has been with billions in his account who makes more in interest per day, than you and I in a year, or jailing a young mother for Facebook comments for 28 years?

Or how about the reluctance to pursue the Red bull heir .....

Procedures indeed, as an when it suits!!

There's also procedures for locking up murders and cop killers too, but hey, what's more important ?

Stripping a has been with billions in his account who makes more in interest per day, than you and I in a year, or jailing a young mother for Facebook comments for 28 years?

Wait a minute, do you mean the woman that spread rumors about Prayuth got 28 years? Or a separate case?

If it's the former that is just sickening and I don't know how any TVF members could condone that! (some no doubt will though)

BS - there is a set procedure for stripping criminals of their honorary rank. One criminal has used his influence to avoid it.

Just a tiny sideshow in the whole circus. You & your blind buddies can't see the forest from the trees. This man, in cahoots with Suthep & their backers are systematically screwing the masses out of having any say in the way their country is governed, while cementing their own positions in power for decades to come.

send him to an inactive post.....he is good at that (being inactive) and the loose of money will hurt him.

He retires next month........just a few more weeks to sit on the fence and he's off the hook....and I think he'll be doing ok for money!

If you were policeman or army and become PM I would have thought your old job title disappears no longer chief or general - just PM - but TIT!

Well if I am policemen and become criminal I would thing that my old job title disappears

Just a little longer, think they are afraid in case he ever comes back

into power,this been Thailand anything is possible,so best to hedge

your bets.

regards Worgeordie

​worgeordie ...... your right of course there being carefull and afraid ... its only a matter of time before thaksin returns to thailand and return he will .... to collect on what he has been promised ......whistling.gif whistling.gif whistling.gif

Wait a minute, do you mean the woman that spread rumors about Prayuth got 28 years? Or a separate case?

If it's the former that is just sickening and I don't know how any TVF members could condone that! (some no doubt will though)

Different case bud ;)

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/08/man-gets-30-years-in-jail-for-facebook-posts.html

Until they take Thaksin,s rank and pension no other high ranking police will have no reason to do there jobs. Transfer to another district not the answer. Cut

there salaries and lower there pension so they have a real reason to do a good job! And also lower there rank or just fire them!