Man robbed at cash deposit machine at bank in Bangkok (VIDEO)

webfact

Notice what looked like a girl and guy standing behind the man just turned and left as soon as they realized a robbery was underway.

I use Cash Deposit Machines a lot "but only inside a mall where a bunch of small bank branches are clustered together with bank security at each branch standing around." And pretty much the same for ATMs...inside a mall usually but when outside only an ATM that has a lot of activity/foot traffic going on...none of this using that "lone ATM on a soi corner thing."

Notice what looked like a girl and guy standing behind the man just turned and left as soon as they realized a robbery was underway.

Definite Bystander Effect.

I recently had an accident while cycling in Bangkok. When cycling on main road, a van coming from opposite direction turned right (in to soi) suddenly. So I braked, bicycle lost balance. I fell off bicycle. There were many people around before the accident. Next minute no one to be seen. I noticed my bicycle had been moved to the side of the road by someone (it was on the middle of the road). Not a single person asked if I was Okay. (I wasn't because had to be taken to hospital by ambulance).

The driver of the van tried to speed away. Even with injuries to both arms I managed to stop him and took photo of registration plate with my mobile phone, then called police.

In the video of this post you see the woman on the right look around. The person on the left disappears, woman on the right does the same.

People saying that this looks staged, the robber could be concealing a gun/knife under his jacket and jamming it into the victims ribs and saying he will shoot unless he hands over the cash.

It's all fine and well saying you would fight etc, let's see you try that when you have a gun/knife jammed against your body.

looks a bit staged to me. He never made any attempt to fight back for his money.

He should of turned around and bit the robber on the nose.

I like your style Phil but the nasty robber was wearing a motorcycle helmet! laugh.png

He was wearing a piss pot. He could of easily grabbed him by it, and chowed his nose off.

Nonchalant ATM robber arrested in Bangkok
By Coconuts Bangkok

rob_0.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Police yesterday were able to track down and arrest the motorcycle-helmet-clad-robber who made headlines last week after ignoring everyone waiting in line and casually robbing a man at ATM in Bang Khun Thian.

The thief, identified as Wirun Chaikulpaisan, 35, was arrested at his apartment yesterday in Soi Petchkasem 25 after the CCTV footage of the incident went viral.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/08/13/nonchalant-atm-robber-arrested-bangkok

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-08-13

People saying that this looks staged, the robber could be concealing a gun/knife under his jacket and jamming it into the victims ribs and saying he will shoot unless he hands over the cash.

It's all fine and well saying you would fight etc, let's see you try that when you have a gun/knife jammed against your body.

Looks like you were right

From the latest news report:

"He reportedly threatened 58-year-old Narongsak Eua-poonsiripat with a knife while the victim was using a cash deposit machine..."

Edited by chickenslegs

That looks staged -- possibly for the insurance ?

"Staged" for insurance? What insurance are you referring to?

maybe not for insurance but simply finding an excuse to his wife as he would had spent the 50.000 in gambling or other (bad) ways... (mia noi ?) wink.png

Edited by silverado

"He reportedly threatened 58-year-old Narongsak Eua-poonsiripat with a knife while the victim was using a cash deposit machine..."

That won't stop some of the TVF army from declaring it a scam though. Any excuse for some Thai bashing :rolleyes:

Well done to all the hard posters that said this was staged, we know how tough you all are, ex Special forces, Navy seals, IDF, SAS, and the cream are Royal Marines, tough posters on here would have taken the mugger out with two fingers to his torso .

Tough guys, I respect you, because you are not an untrained civilian at a cash point, that's why he didn't target you.

That won't stop some of the TVF army from declaring it a scam though. Any excuse for some Thai bashing rolleyes.gif

Yes Thai man robs man with knife in broad daylight and everyone around backs off.

No reasons to complain about things there!

Actually, from what I see here, the Thai police are to be complimented on a good arrest.

Edited by jacko45k

Nonchalant ATM robber arrested in Bangkok

By Coconuts Bangkok

rob_0.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Police yesterday were able to track down and arrest the motorcycle-helmet-clad-robber who made headlines last week after ignoring everyone waiting in line and casually robbing a man at ATM in Bang Khun Thian.

The thief, identified as Wirun Chaikulpaisan, 35, was arrested at his apartment yesterday in Soi Petchkasem 25 after the CCTV footage of the incident went viral.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/08/13/nonchalant-atm-robber-arrested-bangkok

cocon.jpg

-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-08-13

If he is subsequently found to be innocent, can he bring criminal case against Coconuts for defamation? Surely the word "alleged" should have been inserted somewhere.