Thai National needs to Renew UK Passport

My wife needs to renew hers now

We are struggling as to what document to provide for ... Name and Address and/or residency evidence ... from the list in Table A. All we can come up with is

Her Thai National ID Card or the Blue House Book ... her Thai ID Card one would think should be the document but ....

Does anyone actually know if either of these two are acceptable ... we can get them translated at the MFA ... do they need certifying by the MFA does anyone know? or is the fact that the Translators at the MFA Professionals suffice.

Thanks

Interesting. I have seen one case where the (yellow) house book, duly translated, was not accepted. Rejection was on the basis that the book was over one year old! I read here on TV of another case where a yellow book was accepted (presumably within the 12 month old rule).

One would imagine that the same would apply to the national ID card (which can be used as photo ID). It has a start and finish date - don't know how they will handle that....

A Thai driving licence is another possibility.

Her existing Passport and ID card should suffice as proof of name.

Regards address it depends how your living. Owned/rented?

Easy enough for your wife to get a new Tabian Baan.

Even a 'Certificate of Residence' letter from your Amphur.

Have seen recent reports where a translated copy of the Blue House Book will be OK for address verification.

Apparently there is a translation office on the ground floor of Trendy that will provide an acceptable translation for Bt500.

Have seen recent reports where a translated copy of the Blue House Book will be OK for address verification.

Apparently there is a translation office on the ground floor of Trendy that will provide an acceptable translation for Bt500.

• Like 1

I am very impressed with the HMPO Officer ....I received this reply. The National ID Card and Blue House Book were bolded so that is what they prefer I think

Dear, Sir

For renewal passport required:

- color copy passport every page (include blank page)

- 2 photos, white or light grey background (size: 3.5x4.5 cm)

- official documents showing Thai address for proof address in Thailand e.g. Receipt, Bill, company letter, work permit ,Rental bill, Driving license, immigration letter, Thai National ID Card or the Blue House Book etc ( prefer one document)

Thai document please translate to English with professional translator. ( normal translation center do not need the Translation Department in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs)

All documents should be color.( the same as original)

- naturalize certificate (If have) copy.

Best wishes,

HMPO Bangkok Officer

--------

VFS GLOBAL

EST. 2001 | Partnering Governments. Providing Solutions.

The Trendy Office Building, 28 Floor, 10/200 Sukhumvit soi 13, Klongtoey-Nua, Wattana, Bangkok 10110 Thailand

E mail : [email protected]

I am very impressed with the HMPO Officer ....I received this reply to my e-mail. In the e-mail The National ID Card and Blue House Book were bolded so that is what they prefer I think.

NOTE ... I only asked what is needed as regards PROOF OF ADDRESS ... I know that they also need a copy of every page of her Thai Passport. It appears that if we use the Translation Service we don't need the MFA stamp ... we aren't far from the MFA so will use their translator.

Dear, Sir

For renewal passport required:

- color copy passport every page (include blank page)

- 2 photos, white or light grey background (size: 3.5x4.5 cm)

- official documents showing Thai address for proof address in Thailand e.g. Receipt, Bill, company letter, work permit ,Rental bill, Driving license, immigration letter, Thai National ID Card or the Blue House Book etc ( prefer one document)

Thai document please translate to English with professional translator. ( normal translation center do not need the Translation Department in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs)

All documents should be color.( the same as original)

- naturalize certificate (If have) copy.

Best wishes,

HMPO Bangkok Officer

--------

VFS GLOBAL

EST. 2001 | Partnering Governments. Providing Solutions.

The Trendy Office Building, 28 Floor, 10/200 Sukhumvit soi 13, Klongtoey-Nua, Wattana, Bangkok 10110 Thailand

E mail : [email protected]

Edited by JAS21

My (Thai) wife recently renewed her UK passport (in May).
We copied every page of both her Thai and UK passports in colour.
We had her Thai ID card / her Blue house book translated at the Trendy building - check they have done it correctly before you pay - they had translated her as a "Miss" not Mrs.
Make sure the renewal photos are as specified in the UKPO requirements, size, position, background colour - if your wife already has a UK passport, they generally don't need the renewal photos countersigning. We had our photos taken in our home town - not sure if you can get them done at the Trendy building, perhaps another TV member can advise on that.
Only your wife can go up to the floor where the office is to renew her passport, so make sure she understands everything required, before you go there.
Payment is easier by a UK credit or debit card - my wife's was refused (no idea why), and we got an email from the UKPO asking us to phone them - I used my card no problem. We went to pick up the passport two weeks after we applied for it.
If you need to know anything else please pm me.