Police to announce arrest of 'Bangkok bomber'

webfact

Everyone seems to think that the guy in the yellow shirt is the one who must be caught and hung upside down by the unmentionables. Perhaps he was just an innocent messenger, hired to drop the bag without knowing what it contained. After all, he did not exactly hurry away from the scene, which most of us would have done knowing that a bomb was about to explode.

You think an "innocent" would comply to a request : "leave this rucksack at this busy shrine and then leave"?

Remind me never to fly on the same plane as you!

I meant "innocent" in the sense that he didn't know it was a bomb...maybe told it was drugs or something.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is like waiting for the lottery results or the Oscars the way these idiots have played this out! Plus, I still don't believe it will be anything to do with the Uigurs. I still think it is inter Thai military political factions, destabilizing to stabilize, false flag type of thing. (I hope I am wrong but it would not surprise me in the least) Remember not too far back in history when the military shelled their own PM when he was onboard a Thai Naval vessel?

Edited by menzies233

Gosh 8 pages of this thread to date, mostly focused on assumptions and banter due to the lack of a well structured and credible press release containing all the facts.

I kinda get the feeling that Prayut and his mob really get a giggle out of feeding us falangs half a story and letting our xenophobia adequately fertilized by years of Thai experiences fill in the rest.

BUT good on em'.. I hope they have caught the bastards and their punishment with be swift and reciprocal to the misery they have cause the victims and the cultural values now, sadly, further eroded in the eyes of Thai's towards foreigners

Guy does not look like guy in yellow shirt TIT

Yes, he does. Look at his passport photo and the police sketch. Definite resemblance, though hard to say for certain if its the same guy.

Thats some statement!! Full of self contradiction cheesy.gif

Apparently English is your third or fourth language. Better get some lessons from Thai elementary school students. For starters, google the word "resemblance"...no charge for the first lesson

Knickers in a twist??

Now,now children stop the classroom bickering.

I just hope they don't imprison the wrong person purely to look effective. 20 dead (plus all the injured) is horrible, but destroying the life of another innocent isn't exactly a cause for relief/celebration either.

Edited by Shiver

In the Chinese company I work in Iraq, there are 3 Arab speaking Chinese, with Chinese passports but they don't look like your typical Asian, they do look Arabic, two are from an area close to Mongolia, and the other I do believe comes from the same place as this recent guy, they're also Muslim, but Chinese.

People shouldn't get too hung up on the fact this guy doesn't look Chinese wink.png

Good result if this is indeed the case, will be interesting to see of the Cambodian authorities were indeed the ones who detained him.

I agree, Fatty.

When I was in Kunming, China in 2006 there was a side street near the Museum with a few Muslim restaurants, the food there was great. The people were from northern China but looked for all the world like they were from the Middle East. They may well have been Uyghurs. thumbsup.gif

You're right. Western Chinese (Uighurs, etc.) are Central Asians and look very much like a mix of European and East

Chinese (which they are in a sense). Here's a couple of photos of Chinese people I took in Yunan a while back .

.. just not Han Chinese.

attachicon.gifDSC00548.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC00547c.jpg

Why are u taking pics of Chinese men?

Well I suppose what ever takes ur fancy.

Edited by Sooo Upto Me

No matter who the guy is if he was part of the group you have t hand it to the military and the RTP. There are a lot of other countries that should take notice they are doing a pretty good job of this so far.

( since they've had help thumbsup.gif )

Indeed, take notice to collaborate..........earlier, rather than later.

I thought they got him many days allready?

How do we know that this is the real bomber?

Water boarding.

Inasmuch as there will never be any visibility or accountability for the methods used, I think it's fair to assume water boarding would be only one small appetizer on the menu of interrogation methods. Use your imagination or your favorite spy novel or movie.

Channel 5 just reported (at 1900 Hrs) that he was caught in the jungle by the Thai army trying to cross into Cambodia.

Which is interesting because it's completely incorrect based on lots of other reports from multiple sources including the government themselves....or maybe this is the only one that's right ?

What is the true story behind the report of this Chinese citizen having to bribe immigration officials to gain entry to Thailand ?

Chinese citizens are entitled to a 15 day tourism visa-on-arrival.

Right or wrong ?

The bribe story is associated with the other guy arrested Saturday

I guess there will now be multiple surgical teams on standby at many hospitals.....ready for the surge of foot in mouth extractions required by TV commentators!

Because?

Probably because the RTP received a tip-off which they later denied ever happened before awarding the reward to themselves, which led them to search an apartment block in an area that other RTP officers had already cleared as harbouring nothing related to the bombing. In this apartment that had already been cleared by other RTP officers as harbouring nothing related to the bombing they found and arrested a man they claimed to be the Bangkok bomber, and promptly showed off the evidence to an eager media, including a suicide vest that had absolutely nothing to do with the Bangkok bombing, before later claiming that this man was simply involved in the Bangkok bombing, and not the bomber.

Then, the RTP received word from the Cambodian police that, two days prior, they had arrested a man who had successfully departed through Thai immigration—in the same region that the above mentioned man had earlier bribed his way into Thailand by paying 18,000 baht to RTP immigration officials—but was stopped by Cambodian officials. The RTP then flew down and arrested the man after he was handed back by Cambodian officials, before holding a press conference announcing—yet again—that they had found the Bangkok bomber (because, "his face and appearance look very much like composite sketch"), but failing to mention anything about Cambodia (presumably so more RTP can be awarded a reward), and not knowing anything about the passport the man used to (possibly) bribe his way out of Thailand, a passport that is spread around social media.

Yes, such sterling police work. All us detractors should certainly eat our words.

Channel 5 just reported (at 1900 Hrs) that he was caught in the jungle by the Thai army trying to cross into Cambodia.

Hahahahaha! Oh, you really couldn't make this stuff up! The Thai Army due for a bit of reward now I guess...

Edited by jamesbrock

Which is interesting because it's completely incorrect based on lots of other reports from multiple sources including the government themselves....or maybe this is the only one that's right ?

Channel 5 or 3 or 5347 says what the junta wants they tell to us .

don't be fooled .

Constantly being named as 'The Main Suspect' even by Prayuth.

Sorry all you enthusiastic guys, looks nowt like him.

What makes me so sceptical here is the the police have been forced under massive pressure to arrest someone, anyone for this and also to make sure it is not a Thai person either seeing as usual we had the imortal words "Itr couldn't possibly be a Thai".....

It is about that time where the investigation goes completely cold and hits a dead end that miraculously arrests get made.

Too risky for the tourism industry to allow this to go unsolved as usual.

It is going to take a whole lot more credibly 'smoking gun' evidence to convince me. I doubt the real perps are still in Thailand.

Edited by Brewster67

Channel 5 or 3 or 5347 says what the junta wants they tell to us .

don't be fooled .

I'm not, I was just reporting what was being said.

What is the true story behind the report of this Chinese citizen having to bribe immigration officials to gain entry to Thailand ?

Chinese citizens are entitled to a 15 day tourism visa-on-arrival.

Right or wrong ?

I think that was the guy in the apartment (with a fake Turkey passport), not the guy the got today.

Constantly being named as 'The Main Suspect' even by Prayuth.

Sorry all you enthusiastic guys, looks nowt like him.

What makes me so sceptical here is the the police have been forced under massive pressure to arrest someone, anyone for this and also to make sure it is not a Thai person either seeing as usual we had the imortal words "Itr couldn't possibly be a Thai".....

It is about that time where the investigation goes completely cold and hits a dead end that miraculously arrests get made.

Too risky for the tourism industry to allow this to go unsolved as usual.

It is going to take a whole lot more credibly 'smoking gun' evidence to convince me. I doubt the real perps are still in Thailand.

Based on what did you conclude " the investigation goes completely cold"?

Are we on the same planet? There have been new developments every day!