Korat cop fired for demanding free food, beating cashier (video)

webfact

@Amerasianex. I can tell you no cop in Thailand lives on 12 -20k thb a month with all the bribes, tea money, scams, drugs, prostitution, gambling and all the other underhandedness which the police are actively involved in all. Maybe if the police were a respected force amd did their job people might help them out but not as they stand right now.

Edited by ldiablo

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While it's good they are making an example of this cop I really got to wonder about the "He has to take at least 45 days off from work to heal his nose," bit. 45 days off for a broken nose ? It normally takes 6 weeks to mend a broken bone ! Our mechanic was dicking around on his motorbike 2 weeks ago and took a nasty tumble. Big scrapes on his arms, legs and face. 2 days later back at work fixing motorcycles. I figured he should have been off (and being bandaged and cared for) for a week at least but I guess he wasn't going to get paid if he did so back to work it was).

I think someone is angling for a payoff if they are claiming 45 days to heal a broken nose.

You say a broken nose takes 6 weeks to heal, the victim is taking 45 days off work. 6x7=42 is the extra 3 days really an angle for a payoff, doctor?

Broken nose should be 3 or 4 DAYS off work. Bit of swelling but quite able to do cashier's work ( not that he shouldn't pursue a civil/criminal complaint...if he's brave enough: I wouldn't)

@Amerasianex. I can tell you no cop in Thailand lives on 12 -20k thb a month with all the bribes, tea money, scams, drugs, prostitution, gambling and all the other underhandedness which the police are actively involved in all.

You know that how? Or are you just speculating or spouting hearsay?

While it's good they are making an example of this cop I really got to wonder about the "He has to take at least 45 days off from work to heal his nose," bit. 45 days off for a broken nose ? It normally takes 6 weeks to mend a broken bone ! Our mechanic was dicking around on his motorbike 2 weeks ago and took a nasty tumble. Big scrapes on his arms, legs and face. 2 days later back at work fixing motorcycles. I figured he should have been off (and being bandaged and cared for) for a week at least but I guess he wasn't going to get paid if he did so back to work it was).

I think someone is angling for a payoff if they are claiming 45 days to heal a broken nose.

You say a broken nose takes 6 weeks to heal, the victim is taking 45 days off work. 6x7=42 is the extra 3 days really an angle for a payoff, doctor?

Broken nose should be 3 or 4 DAYS off work. Bit of swelling but quite able to do cashier's work ( not that he shouldn't pursue a civil/criminal complaint...if he's brave enough: I wouldn't)

Maybe the report meant to say 4-5 days and just forgot the hyphen?

A broken BONE takes 6(+) weeks to heal, NOT a broken NOSE.

In fact, I've known people that have had broken noses from accidents and fights. Nose (cartilage) is reset, nostrils packed with gauze and back to work the next day. A week later the gauze is removed (apparently the stench is enough to make some people puke on the spot) !

Why cant business help these police with some food. The retail price of some rice and Gop is very inexpensive for them. And police dont get paid enough. They barely survive. Very kineow. But when they have a problem the first friend they call is a policeman....

your off ya head buddy !

This country has never run like yours. You think your rules apply world wide or even in Thailand your a moron. You try living of 12-20K thb a month you know nothing about this country

Great post. As far as I am concerned, this is about the fact that the police still haven't got used to the fact that video cameras and social media are making this kind of thing increasingly difficult to get away with. These rules DO apply here, ya intellectually impaired person, you, same as they do everywhere.

Why cant business help these police with some food. The retail price of some rice and Gop is very inexpensive for them. And police dont get paid enough. They barely survive. Very kineow. But when they have a problem the first friend they call is a policeman....

That's the biggest load of crap I've heard in a long time.

First, the cops don't do FA unless you pay them.

Second, the constantly have their 'collective' hands out.

Third, are you going to subsidize the free meals for the BIB, especially considering the aforementioned?

Fourth, where will it stop? The free meals? The monthly protection money?

@Sviss Geez. Don't try and defend them. I know that how you ask.By the thousands of articles on something called the internet. And another fascinating thing called a news broadcast.I wouldn't hurt you to do a little research. I could post multiple links but you're not woth it to me.Have you already forgotten about the 3 million baht reward given to themselves for an incomplete investigation. You're not even worth continuing this conversation with anymore

your off ya head buddy !

This country has never run like yours. You think your rules apply world wide or even in Thailand your a moron. You try living of 12-20K thb a month you know nothing about this country

15 years sunshine and my Thai police friends do just fine without resorting to corruption !

your off ya head buddy !

".....your (sic) a moron."

If you are a Thai, bear this in mind. In the west we have a saying made famous by a great American. He said "It is better to be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt"

You just spoke out.

This Lieutenant colonel was a high ranking Thai police officer sworn to protect and serve the Thai people. He must have been making a good salary, far in excess of the 12 to 20 thousand baht a month you keep blathering on about.

He should have been an example to his men and the public. Instead he has lowered himself to below the level of a common street beggar (who, frankly, I have more respect for.) He demanded free food and then assaulted a simple cashier for reporting his failure to attempt to pay for his meals.

No Frank Serpico is ever likely to appear in this country, Thais would not understand his ethics. Neither, it seems, would you.

You would be surprised to know just how much most members on this forum actually know about this country.

your off ya head buddy !

".....your (sic) a moron."

If you are a Thai, bear this in mind. In the west we have a saying made famous by a great American. He said "It is better to be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt"

You just spoke out.

This Lieutenant colonel was a high ranking Thai police officer sworn to protect and serve the Thai people. He must have been making a good salary, far in excess of the 12 to 20 thousand baht a month you keep blathering on about.

He should have been an example to his men and the public. Instead he has lowered himself to below the level of a common street beggar (who, frankly, I have more respect for.) He demanded free food and then assaulted a simple cashier for reporting his failure to attempt to pay for his meals.

No Frank Serpico is ever likely to appear in this country, Thais would not understand his ethics. Neither, it seems, would you.

You would be surprised to know just how much most members on this forum actually know about this country.

If I could like it twice...! thumbsup.gif

your off ya head buddy !

15 years sunshine and fluent in the language.......my Thai police friends do just fine without resorting to corruption !

6 weeks is 42 days , so not too far fetched

It will take the idiotic cop at least 45 days to find his face ! clap2.gif

Would seem that Prayuts campaign to stamp out corruption is beginning to work.

If Prayut had any real intention to stamp out corruption, he would have given the order to reform the police of which he is to scared to do. I believe this to be more of a case of pissing of the senior cop who owns the restaurant. Settle out of court to get the job back, quick transfer and back to business.

...and let's not forget that the cashier has to face the public in his job, having also figuratively and literally 'lost face' having his face smashed in, in a dining establishment too so he might want a few days to get his sh!t together! I wouldn't want to order food from a fresh-face-wound so let's think it through before insisting he gets back on the till {or did a Thai restaurant manager just "critically out-think" an expat?! ;-) It cannot be true!}

already commented on

Edited by seajae

The sad thing is that this is problably normaly around the country. I have seen a scene a few years ago when a police officer came into a restaurant and got food served and left without paying after he left I have noticed that the restaurant staff gathered talked about him and were swearing... I did not really understand what it was all about but it definetly but it definetly looked like that the staff were not happy about the presence of the police officer....

This I presume is sarcasm, if not then it was written by an ostrich.

Everyone knows if you call a cop it costs you so probably not 1st place you would call, police get good money, its just that a large part is non declared & tax free. 1400 baht for two meals is a lot of rice & Gop, doesnt look like an upmarket place, he either took his whole family or drunk at lot of alcohol.

Lastly please give me your address so I can bully you into feeding me cos you seem to think thats ok behaviour.

Too bad this piece of garbage policeofficer (as they all are btw) are not jailed but TiT, they are still above the law ... blink.png

I suggest the cashier - very brave guy to stand up to this motherf..... - get him self a gun so he can defend him self when this piece of garbage come back ... after all the garbage lost face and that is all that Counts here ... sick.gifsick.gifsick.gifcrazy.gif

The sad thing is that this is problably normaly around the country. I have seen a scene a few years ago when a police officer came into a restaurant and got food served and left without paying after he left I have noticed that the restaurant staff gathered talked about him and were swearing... I did not really understand what it was all about but it definetly but it definetly looked like that the staff were not happy about the presence of the police officer....

A few months ago wife and I were in Udon Thani, Centara Hotel and every morning policeofficers were having breakfast there, sometimes with their mia nois ...

We talked to other guests about it and they felt very uncomfortable about it with these uniformed goons carrying guns at breakfast ... I guess most people by now what this policeforce are like - a loose trigger finger and a small brain to say the least ...

When we asked the manager what was going on, he just smiled a stupid smile and shook his head - never gonna go back to Centara, Udon T. for sure ...