Late payment of uk pension

vogie

I suppose this is going to be a very big problem who have to maintain a reserve of 400,000 and 800,000 baht. If the payments are say two weeks late will our next payment be two weeks after that?

No, your next payment should be 28 days after the 'delayed' payment - as per the letter.

It seems to me that it is not a delayed payment, but a non payment. We are getting two weeks payments to last ourselves a month, am I missing something here?

AFAIK we will be getting the normal amount but 10 to 14 days late due to the UK government and the DWP but NOT the Thai banking system which can only put money in our accounts IF it is sent in the first place.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I suppose this is going to be a very big problem who have to maintain a reserve of 400,000 and 800,000 baht. If the payments are say two weeks late will our next payment be two weeks after that?

No, your next payment should be 28 days after the 'delayed' payment - as per the letter.

It seems to me that it is not a delayed payment, but a non payment. We are getting two weeks payments to last ourselves a month, am I missing something here?

AFAIK we will be getting the normal amount but 10 to 14 days late due to the UK government and the DWP but NOT the Thai banking system which can only put money in our accounts IF it is sent in the first place.

So if we get payments 14 days late, then get payments every 28 days there-after, surely we have lost 14 days in payments, is it just me that sees this?

"After this first delay, your payments will start showing in your account every 4 weeks".

That says, normal service/schedules will be resumed, after the first DELAY, ergo there will not be a second delay.

Which-ever way you look at it, we are not been paid for the delayed period?

"After this first delay, your payments will start showing in your account every 4 weeks".

That says, normal service/schedules will be resumed, after the first DELAY, ergo there will not be a second delay.

That is not the way I read what they've written. All that is said is that the first payment is in delay.

That is not the way I read what they've written. All that is said is that the first payment is in delay.

This is a quote from the letter:-

It will take about 6 days longer than you would normally be expecting it.

After this first delay, your payments will start showing in your account every 4 weeks.

Do you think that they are saying that after the 6 days delay we will be paid every 4 weeks, if so we have lost 6 days payment.

After this first delay, your payments will start showing in your account every 4 weeks.

Do you think that they are saying that after the 6 days delay we will be paid every 4 weeks, if so we have lost 6 days payment.

You're not going to lose anything they've told you there's a delay! Late means late, delay means delayed, neither of which means cancelled or implies a completely rescheduled payments cycle. Out.

Edited by chiang mai

Sorry to hijack this thread gents but what is the actual amount of state pension some of you receive...

It all depends on how much you have paid in over the years. They have a calculator on the pension website for you to work out your projected pension. The basic pension at the moment is about £113 per week.

No, it will be included in the final payment when you die.

No, it will be included in the final payment when you die.

Thats ok then, I long as I dont lose it. :(

Thats ok then, I long as I dont lose it. sad.png

I may be completely wrong and the DWP may issue a one off catch up payment but somehow I doubt it. Bill is due a delayed payment any day, we may find out then.

At 11:49 this morning the money is still not in my account. It won't arrive today but perhaps tomorrow will be a better day.

There was however a photo of this guy saying feed me, feed me money NOW.

Perhaps my money has been hijacked by Jim Henson.

post-5614-0-66923900-1442292856_thumb.jp

The cookie monster

Edited by billd766

Thats ok then, I long as I dont lose it. sad.png

I may be completely wrong and the DWP may issue a one off catch up payment but somehow I doubt it. Bill is due a delayed payment any day, we may find out then.

At 11:49 this morning the money is still not in my account. It won't arrive today but perhaps tomorrow will be a better day.

There was however a photo of this guy saying feed me, feed me money NOW.

Perhaps my money has been hijacked by Jim Henson.

attachicon.gifcookie monster.jpg

The cookie monster

Sorry chum, fink I missed it (forgot rolleyes.gif) , what is your Thai bank where your pension is paid...?

KBank. They have never given me a problem, neither has the DWP in 6 months until this month.

I have just got of the phone to international pensions and they blamed America for having a bank holiday,so I asked what has America got to do with UK pensions,the answer was "that's the way we do the banking".I was gobsmacked at that reply.

Did you ring the 7777 number? All I'm getting is a ringing tone all the time, not even an answer phone.

I have just got of the phone to international pensions and they blamed America for having a bank holiday,so I asked what has America got to do with UK pensions,the answer was "that's the way we do the banking".I was gobsmacked at that reply.

Did you ring the 7777 number? All I'm getting is a ringing tone all the time, not even an answer phone.

That was the number that I called last week on Tuesday and again Friday.

I use AIS and to get a cheaper rate I dialled 005 0044 191 218 7777. It worked for me but if you are on DTAC the 005 cheap rate number may be different.

Their contact details are here

https://www.gov.uk/c...pension-service

https://www.gov.uk/s...u-retire-abroad

International Pension Centre

[email protected]

Telephone: +44 (0)191 218 7777

Textphone: +44 (0)191 218 7280

Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

Yes you do.

You will get a recorded message and first chance you get press "3".

UK Pension service uses Citbank US for pension payments distribution overseas.