Jeb Bush wants Margaret Thatcher on $10 note

webfact

Jeb Bush wants Margaret Thatcher on $10 note

(BBC) US Republican presidential hopeful Jeb Bush has picked the UK's former Prime Minister, Margaret Thatcher, as his choice for the face of the $10 bill.

The former Florida governor made the surprise suggestion during a televised debate for the top Republicans vying for the presidential nomination.

All 11 candidates were asked who they would choose, now the US Treasury has announced plans to put a woman on the redesigned note.

Mr Bush's choice drew applause.

"I would go with Ronald Reagan's partner, Margaret Thatcher," he said, noting it was "probably illegal" and unlikely to happen because she is not American.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34276001

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2015-09-17

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I would go with Ronald Reagan's partner, Margaret Thatcher," he said.

So Reagan had the brains and Thatcher had the brawn? cheesy.gif

saying Thatcher was Reagan's partner is an insult. Thatcher was more of a Politician than Reagan ever was. One was very much alive the other was more of a Muppet! You decide which was which!

Jeb is Toast

When you are so desperate to score attention, to get a sound bite, any sound bite, you come up with something as stupid as this. Think Scott Walker and building a wall to stop Canada from invading.

Another Republican Candidate has officially tapped out. thumbsup.gif

The Royal Rumble Continues !!

Edited by LomSak27

What an a-hole…..he actually said his brother has made america safe…..yeahhhh…..by blowing up the balance of power in the MEast, spending fkin trillions upon trillions on security and fkin up everyones privacy now. What a tosser.

Edited by JHolmesJr

Why not Kermit the Frog?

Miss Piggy

too fat, can go only on a bigger note....

but lassie as someone other posted......Americas most famous animal. Always honest and fighting for the good things. Better than any politician.

What an a-hole…..he actually said his brother has made america safe…..yeahhhh…..by blowing up the balance of power in the MEast, spending fkin trillions upon trillions on security and fkin up everyones privacy now. What a tosser.

Didn't 9/11 happen on his brother's watch?

Good if you run out of toilet paper to wipe your arse. Thug Thatcher, the worst PM ever.

No, Jim Callaghan and Ted Heath vie for that title by a country mile. Chamberlain wasn't much better.

Love her or hate she sorted a very fcuked up country out and got it back from the brink. Like so many politicians, she didn't know when to stop and went to far.

Many trade unionists I know voted Thatcher in; just as many former Conservatives voted Blair in.

Amazing how so many who did now want to deny it. Hindsight - the gift that never stops giving.

No British individual deserves to be on any bill. It actually upsets me that the US media and politicians give so much attention to the British Royal Family. People fled to America and fought a war to free themselves from the king and the royal family. To me they are nothing special only sponges off the people.