Farang Living in Sattahip?!

Cowpatrick

Hi,

Anyone out there living in Sattahip? Does it have much to offer? It seems to have a big navy/ military presence, and farang aren't allowed on some beaches?!

Are there any nice places to hang out? Do farang get gawped at? Does it have anywhere to go shopping (Central/ Big C/ Tesco/ Tops)? And any mountains/ big hills to hike up, exercise parks, gyms etc , Cheers

You would be better down the road in Ban Chang

If he could get here due to the floods at the minute.................wink.png

Just got shown a video of one of the back roads 'swallowing' (literally) a car when it caved in due to the rain.

Ironically, I'm down here to do paint inspections which ain't gonna happen any time soon, still p1ssing down..........................sad.png

Edited by chrisinth

You would be better down the road in Ban Chang

If he could get here due to the floods at the minute.................wink.png

Just got shown a video of one of the back roads 'swallowing' (literally) a car when it caved in due to the rain.

Ironically, I'm down here to do paint inspections which ain't gonna happen any time soon, still p1ssing down..........................sad.png

Yeap still p*ssing down, you should just go with flow and find somewhere to get p*ssed and watch the cars floating past :D

Thanks -are there many buses/songtaews that go between the two? Would it be easy/quick enough to commute, and live in Ban Chang?

Hi Patrick,

Ban Chang is about 7-8km from Sattahip, there is a songtaew service between the two but have never used it. Certainly better with your own wheels.

I think Ban Chang was suggested as it does have a strip of bars (would reckon about 30) which cater to the foreigners. The bars range from 'speak-easys' to down right dirty and everything in between. Busiest during the afternoons and evenings as these days they cater for the golfers, maybe more than those involved in O & G.

Guaranteed to meet a wide variety of interesting foreigners there......................wink.png

There is also some excellent foreign food available as well in most of the bar/restaurants. All friendly and mostly trouble free.

Ban Chang boasts of Tesco Lotus as well.

Thanks -are there many buses/songtaews that go between the two? Would it be easy/quick enough to commute, and live in Ban Chang?

Hi Patrick,

Ban Chang is about 7-8km from Sattahip, there is a songtaew service between the two but have never used it. Certainly better with your own wheels.

I think Ban Chang was suggested as it does have a strip of bars (would reckon about 30) which cater to the foreigners. The bars range from 'speak-easys' to down right dirty and everything in between. Busiest during the afternoons and evenings as these days they cater for the golfers, maybe more than those involved in O & G.

Guaranteed to meet a wide variety of interesting foreigners there......................wink.png

There is also some excellent foreign food available as well in most of the bar/restaurants. All friendly and mostly trouble free.

Ban Chang boasts of Tesco Lotus as well.

And a very good gym, it wasnt just the bars i was thinking of, better accomdation availible, condos/ houses etc...dont think he will be hiking up any hills though as most have cobras as residents :D Edited by Soutpeel

Beach front condos available for sale or rent at Payoon beach Milford condos, two years ago I bought 3 x 45sqm on the 4 floor knocked them together to make a 2 bedroom 135sqm condo, paid 2 millionBt for the 3 and spent 500,000Bt complete reno and furnished. No road or land between me and the beach so my view can never be built out.

I plan to stay here until they carry me out feet first