Lite Beer

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dear readers and those outside this forum:

This is one attempt after another to bring about a controlling-state, a big-brother reality, an Orwellian society. Laugh it off if you will as paranoia, delusional or just another conspiracy. It is not. It was said that nothing in politics happens by accident. Those that have lived here for years can attest to changes being made...most of which uncomfortable. From cameras to now, biometrics. The ends justify the means...there will be no end until every part of you is under a microscope. Thailand has always had criminal activity, more so than other countries. Why so? What do you expect? This country's economy is based on tourism. Tourism attracts all walks of existence here on this planet. This country is quite unique, never formally colonized, a REAL free-market system with a wonderful independent entrepreneurial spirit. Most Thais and expats have their own small/large businesses and for many this is their way of life. This will dissipate under the rule of the newly proposed ASEAN community. I implore expats and Thais. DO NOT LET THIS POLITICAL/ECONOMIC FRONT manifest here. I agree that corruption does exist. It has always been here, but only recently, amplified intensely in the media. I wonder why. How do we know that the last bombing was a terrorist act? Throughout history there have been examples of groups/governments willing to create what are called 'false flag' operations to obtain favorable outcomes e.g. Gulf of Tonkin. There is a ruling power-hungry group (now using ASEAN as a front for their self-imposed will upon Asia as a whole) that does not want Thailand to function as it does any longer;. real freedom also begets real choice and vice versa. Thailand is one of the last remaining places in the world where it feels wonderful just to be here (that seems to be subsiding) I love this country and I WILL NOT SEE IT DISSIPATE into the horrible politically-correct-police-state such as what happened to the U.S, Canada, U.K., Australia and other Commonwealth countries. I beg of you all...spread the warning, deny these bankers and usurpers the ability to gain hold of this country. PEOPLE, PEOPLE...I know of no one who voted for this ASEAN community, registration of SIMS, biometrics.... ad nauseam. HOW IS IT BEING PUSHED THROUGH? WHO ARE THE PROPONENTS OF THESE TOOLS OF CONTROL? EXPOSE THEM! On behalf of myself and many others. I petition God, the Thai governing-body and the King to deny the power-lusting elite/bankers the ability to take economic and political control of this beautiful country. Let it be said and echoed into the ether.

Does this mean that instead of 1 hour waiting in line at airport immigration that it will now be 2 ?

Oh, and then there's the Bangkok immigration where everytime I walk out of there they give me a copy of someone else's passport information with home address and personal details. A copy of their fingerprints as well wouldn't be much to ask.

It doesn't matter if the system can analyse 120 million finger prints. If there is no reference material to compare it to, it will be useless. It sound more like they will be collecting an storing this information for later reference. I wonder if they will also fingerprint Thais crossing borders? That could turn up some interesting results if they are compared with a fingerprint database based on criminal investigations here.

You are quite right, may I suggest they approach Malaysia to supply, install and provide initial databank?

Malaysian immgration is the benchmark for Asia and as an ASEAN country with a joint land border, it would make sense.

Of course for that reason alone, they would not do it.

On a recent trip to KL, Malaysia, I wondered why the immigration card was not handed out on the plane, because I wasn't aware that fingerprint scanning was now used for all arriving passengers.

The procedure was efficient and I waited no more than 5 minutes to pass immigration.

Now, if a similar technology is implemented in Thailand, do you really think that it will take all of 5 minutes?

I don't believe it!

post-174-0-77976300-1443315743_thumb.jpg

Thailand as a country,will always attract transnational crime of the highest order, due to the massive amount of corruption within Thai society.

From the very top to the bottom, all officials can be bought, which allows easy operation of crime, whether it be large scale or small time.

Good idea but of no value unless the dta obtained is going to be compared to international data. Just having data will do nothing except take a lot of money to set up. Even if the equipment is correctly used there will have to be proper maintenance and that is something Thailand doesnt understand

Good idea but of no value unless the dta obtained is going to be compared to international data. Just having data will do nothing except take a lot of money to set up. Even if the equipment is correctly used there will have to be proper maintenance and that is something Thailand doesnt understand

Your wrong, they do understand that 100% but just think of all the kickbacks that can be made on the initial purchase. The kickbacks on maintenance are a lot less so that is less important.

DNA? Really? I have my doubts.

The worst idea ever, are they going to collect DNA from all the nations in the world?

This will only suffice if the whole Thai population and every expat will give them consent to collect DNA, and then they will be sure who's leaving and returning to Thailand only.

I doubt the illegal border crosser will give their DNA or fingerprints willingly.

But now this was about fingerprints and facial, body characteristics.

The same actually goes for fingerprints, especially if they are going to share fingerprint database with the rest of the world, 555, imagine scanning and searching through 5 billion of fingerprints, if everyone already given their fingerprint that is.

I'm flabbergasted how stupid some officials can be or are they?

It must be a different reason than terrorists they want to introduce this because I refuse to believe that any Thai grown up would be this stupid. No one can't be, not even if they just crawled out from under a stone.

Edited by KamalaRider

Does this mean that instead of 1 hour waiting in line at airport immigration that it will now be 2 ?

Oh, and then there's the Bangkok immigration where everytime I walk out of there they give me a copy of someone else's passport information with home address and personal details. A copy of their fingerprints as well wouldn't be much to ask.

You mean 48 hours, I thibnk that's the amount of time to test DNA.

Your wrong, they do understand that 100% but just think of all the kickbacks that can be made on the initial purchase. The kickbacks on maintenance are a lot less so that is less important.

What is important is not the kick backs but having the maitenance performed well. If the data is not effectively used it will be just another toy

So they are going to install all this on the computer,what a joke they can not even get the 90 day report done properly some get through but mostly cannot get through to it,need somebody to tell them that uk passport holders already have this on there passports they only have to scan it to show who the holder is,but even that is too hard for these thais.

On a recent trip to KL, Malaysia, I wondered why the immigration card was not handed out on the plane, because I wasn't aware that fingerprint scanning was now used for all arriving passengers.

The procedure was efficient and I waited no more than 5 minutes to pass immigration.

Now, if a similar technology is implemented in Thailand, do you really think that it will take all of 5 minutes?

I don't believe it!

attachicon.gifvictor.jpg

I don't understand that immigrationcard at all. I apply for a 1 year visa and give them all info needed, also i have the biometrical passport allready, the most new one of the world. Then why they bother me with that card and they even don't staple it into my passport so it will get lost.

Even when i change money at the bank they want my address and passport again, come on man!

I don't believe it!

attachicon.gifvictor.jpg

I don't understand that immigrationcard at all. I apply for a 1 year visa and give them all info needed, also i have the biometrical passport allready, the most new one of the world. Then why they bother me with that card and they even don't staple it into my passport so it will get lost.

Even when i change money at the bank they want my address and passport again, come on man!

Aah! I see you've experienced the Thais love affair with Bureaucracy. Have you noticed that even car park attendants record vehicle licence-plate numbers? I suppose the cleaners in the toilets record the ins and outs too.

A problem wholly of their own making.

Thailand has been capital of the world for forged documents for decades.

Anyone could openly buy forged airline staff passes for few hundred baht without thought or conscience for the consequences.

Forged passports where, are apparently second to none in the world with those tasked to controlling the trade profiting from it.

Several governments from the west lobbied to Thai governments, officials to act & clamp down on the trade but seeing as Thai passports held no value to terrorists, criminals, it fell on deaf ears.

A problem they sowed & now reaping...

This will only work if it helps eliminate corruption in the system.

Staff training I think will be the big stumbling block especially the training to test your DNA which I think is a bit of a exaggeration.

Would agree with you fully.

If you could imagine being swabbed for a DNA sample at a Thai border crossing, then you should also be able to imagine how the sample would be recorded without a mix-up between samples being possible.................wink.png

Sorry, i for one wouldn't comply with that, i reckon my own DNA could be dodgy enough without it being confused with Acmed's from Syria.

For clarity, i am all in favour of border security for all countries, it is their right. But there has to be limits, or at the least probable cause to escalate the checks.

Edited by chrisinth

What is important is not the kick backs but having the maitenance performed well. If the data is not effectively used it will be just another toy

Depends on your point of view.. I am looking from it from the Thai who is pushing this and will get the kickbacks.. he does not care if it will work.. But his kickback is important.

Depends on your point of view.. I am looking from it from the Thai who is pushing this and will get the kickbacks.. he does not care if it will work.. But his kickback is important.

That is totally unimportant. I am surprised you think it is. Remember that when you are waiting an extra hour or more to get through immigration. You wont be thinking that at all. If it is just the money there are easier ways they can get that.

And who would have the know how to install this technology and fund it?

Bet this is being backed up by the USA.

A lot of govt departments already have eye and finger scanners in use for attendance monitoring. this has been in use for a couple of years so the technology is already in use.

And who would have the know how to install this technology and fund it?

Bet this is being backed up by the USA.

A lot of govt departments already have eye and finger scanners in use for attendance monitoring. this has been in use for a couple of years so the technology is already in use.

Things like retinal scans have been used for quite a few years

Edited by gandalf12