Deputy PM: National security assured while new police chief being installed

Jonathan Fairfield

Deputy PM: National security assured while new police chief being installed

BANGKOK, 30 September 2015 (NNT)-Deputy Prime Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan has told the public not to worry about national security as a result of Police Chief Somyos Poompanmuang retiring today.

In his capacity as Defense Minister, General Prawit disclosed that two more suspects believed to have been connected to the Ratchaprasong bombing have been arrested. Police will press charges against the pair once they have gathered evidence needed.

Meanwhile, the military court security unit has been instructed to be more vigilant after a foreign man was seen suspiciously entering the court a few days ago.

It is still not known at this point what his intention was. The Defense Minister has also assured people that tight security measures remain in place even though the Police Chief is retiring today.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-09-30 footer_n.gif

"Meanwhile, the military court security unit has been instructed to be more vigilant after a foreign man was seen suspiciously entering the court a few days ago.

It is still not known at this point what his intention was."

"Excuse me, I am a tourist here and I hope you can help me. You see, a Thai policeman stopped me and was asking for money to pay a traffic fine. I thought that was wrong, so I came to the courthouse to pay. Am I in the right place? Oh, and...sorry, is this where you file complainants against jet ski rental owners?"

Edited by NCC1701A

" has told the public not to worry about national security as a result of Police Chief Somyos Poompanmuang retiring today. "

After all, the performance of the Royal Thai Police Farce could not really get much worse, regardless of who is running it.....

I can only imagine how many millions of Thais were downing copious amounts of valium to counter the stress and trauma. Alternatively, is this a way of saying that the nation will be more secure now this man has retired? Either way, I don't think anyone gives a flying fig, apart from maybe TAT, who will have to make up something about the millions of tourists stampeding in the rush to visit the kingdom.

Edited by chrisrazz