Haze descends on Phuket

Lite Beer

And as at this time of posting, there is still a smoke haze in Patong and perhaps throughout Phuket, and I can smell it and see it in the trees and hills above my apartment.

It is a bloody nuisance and is giving me a mild sinus-type headache. Luckily enough I will be heading back to NZ in a few days and will hopefully get some clean air in "the land of the long white cloud".

Just how long is this going to last I wonder?

I've noticed a very light haze ealy mornings all last week, right now as I look out over Kata I see very blue sky above, but looking out at sea the horizon has a definate haze.

I've noticed a very light haze ealy mornings all last week, right now as I look out over Kata I see very blue sky above, but looking out at sea the horizon has a definate haze.

I'd say it's just water vapor. The Sun heats up the sea surface. Heated, moist air rises and causes the fog/haze (I don't know better word for it in English, please advice) on lower altitudes and clouds on higher altitudes.

If you look from the sea level to the horizon with an telescope, the moist air movement is easily visible.

And as at this time of posting, there is still a smoke haze in Patong and perhaps throughout Phuket, and I can smell it and see it in the trees and hills above my apartment.

It is a bloody nuisance and is giving me a mild sinus-type headache. Luckily enough I will be heading back to NZ in a few days and will hopefully get some clean air in "the land of the long white cloud".

Just how long is this going to last I wonder?

Quite possibly caused by local fires as OC has said, however there is a haze visible in front of the tree line and a slight smell to go with it.

Some "Godzone" air will be most welcome next week even if the weather has been foul of late!!