TV Is Becoming Almost Unusable.

MartinL

What on earth is going on with TV lately? Its getting almost impossible to use at times, whether connected wirelessly or by cable. Is it just me or is this a common problem?

Today, I tried to post in the Thai Language forum. It took 12 attempts to get my post accepted when I clicked Submit Post nothing seemed to happen although on 3 attempts something clearly did happen because, when I looked a few minutes later, Id triple posted.

When I tried to edit out two of those posts, it proved extremely difficult. I eventually deleted one after numerous attempts over about 20 minutes, the other I was still trying to edit by the time the end of the editing period expired. Hence, I still have a double post there although I hope the forum mod. can rectify that.

I got numerous Sorry you dont have permission for that messages when trying to edit my own posts yes, I was signed in.

I thought Id try to sign out & back in. No luck. Trying to sign out got the response Oops, something went wrong a few times plus some Sorry you dont permission for that messages. However, eventually I could sign out & come back again.

Then there were the TV is not responding and A problem with the webpage caused it to close and IE is not responding messages. Maybe that last one is the real culprit but it was the same with Chrome.

A post in Thailand News went quite smoothly. I wonder how this one will fare!

I accept that my internet connection is poor here and all sites can be affected to some extent but TV is the only site that gives significant trouble that makes it almost unusable.

Is TV getting too big with all the ads. etc? Is there another problem?

• 2 months later...

I also second your problem I run off 26mb so it's not your set up.

Have to agree about the adds the Pop Ups are a nightmare they even followed me onto my comp: seems that once they get you they nail you I have now blocked most of them.

I know that TV is a business but if they continue to plaster everything with new adds pop ups, peeps like many I know already have, will be turning off.

Something needs to be sorted before it goes the same way as Yahoo.

I also second your problem I run off 26mb so it's not your set up.

Have to agree about the adds the Pop Ups are a nightmare they even followed me onto my comp: seems that once they get you they nail you I have now blocked most of them.

I know that TV is a business but if they continue to plaster everything with new adds pop ups, peeps like many I know already have, will be turning off.

Something needs to be sorted before it goes the same way as Yahoo.

I'm running on 30 mbps and they are still full of glitches and guffs.

Agree especially about the layout once the ads are pastiche-d all over the screen. It looks like a poster board after a kindergarten activity. Total visual mess and just toooo many. Surely they can be organised better.

Yesterday we did have an issue with the main DB server. Which caused most of the issues in this thread.

We are also looking into the slowness at certain times of the day that have been reported, however when reporting slowness please can you include location and internet provider so we can try and troubleshoot further.

Thank you for letting us know your constructive feedback is as always appreciated.

Yesterday we did have an issue with the main DB server. Which caused most of the issues in this thread.

We are also looking into the slowness at certain times of the day that have been reported, however when reporting slowness please can you include location and internet provider so we can try and troubleshoot further.

Thank you for letting us know your constructive feedback is as always appreciated.

Sorry to tell you but these problems have been on going for months.

I use TOT have fibre optic 26mb location K.P.Phet.

By the way it's only on TV not any other site.

Also have a newish one that has popped up, most times cant even get back to home page or any other come to that. Once I have logged onto TV the only way back is to restart my comp:

Also have a newish one that has popped up, most times cant even get back to home page or any other come to that. Once I have logged onto TV the only way back is to restart my comp:

Thanks for letting us know more about the issues. We can start to investigate further.

Right - I use various devices and different locations to access ThaiVisa and the general impression all over is that it is not a smooth-running site.

I can't get technical but I can comment of the appearance and function neither of which are at all impressive.

As I said earlier it reminds be of the old newspapers that cluttered themselves up with hundreds of small ads. TV has little clicks and whistles all over it.

it gives the impression of being constructed by technicians rather than designers and operated by those who really have no handle on the user end of things.

We are all used to the vagaries of the internet and fluctuations in speed etc etc .....but those of us who spend a long time using our computers get a feel for what is us, thew provider or the site itself and my strong impression is that the TV site has been allowed to expand for years without any serious thought given to what the site looks like to its customers or how it functions for them.

I'm surprised you are citing "yesterday" when it would seem pretty clear to me that the observations about this site stretch back over some time and what has happened is a gradual deterioration. I think you need to be looking at a ground up re-think of the site

Edited by cumgranosalum

Not noticed problems today (so far).

Well you've been lucky.

I have just turned on my Comp: only to find that I couldn't get my home page.

Then there it was it had been jammed by one of the pop up peeps the one starting with WA and ending in Blocked???

Eventually sorted only back on TV now to let the mods know about it.

Off to restart my comp: just to get online.

I just hate the pop ups that start and run for 5 secs with full volume. When I can't sleep in the middle of the night I sometimes open TV but have to shut quickly as the sound of these adds wake up my gf. I hate anything unexpected ... Pain in the butt

Please stop these <deleted> things !!!

Thanks for letting us know more about the issues. We can start to investigate further.

Yawn. coffee1.gif

One particularly annoying item is the problem I have with the cursor in the reply box.....it frequently appears about 4 lines above where it should be.....this renders editing too long-winded to be practical.. It also seems to trigger unrequested functions like going to the bottom of the page.

The problem is sometimes - not always - solved by reloading the page a couple of times.

It seems to me that TV have allowed a build-up of these "niggles" in the hope that they won't be noticed or attributed to their site. Theirs is the ONLY site I get these problems.....as they are well aware there are other sites that run the same basic format and engine but do not present these problems.

I think it is quite clear the those who run TV are not particularly concerned at present about these sort of complaints. So long as the figures look good then they will continue as seen.

Eventually this will of course not work..... there is a growing litany of reasons to use TV less or not at all and the sooner thay are addressed the better IMO.

One particularly annoying item is the problem I have with the cursor in the reply box.....it frequently appears about 4 lines above where it should be.....this renders editing too long-winded to be practical.. It also seems to trigger unrequested functions like going to the bottom of the page.

If it is a Google AdSense advertisement, such ads are in my opinion in violation of Google's ad placement policies:

Ads in pop-up windows

Publishers are not permitted to place Google ads in any window that is not initiated by a user's click. Additionally, ads may not be placed in any web browser window which lacks navigational controls, including back and forward browse buttons, and an editable URL field. AdSense ad code also cannot be implemented on pages where navigational elements have been removed.

This happened to me recently. I pressed PgDn on the keyboard to scroll down on the page, the mouse cursor came to hover over an ad and a larger size of the ad opened in a pop-up window and played some sound.

An AdSense violation regarding AdSense ad placement on a website can be reported to Google here: https://support.google.com/adsense/troubleshooter/1190500?hl=en#ts=1190502

Adsense - so when I click to reply and instead of appearing where I want to type the cursor is about 4 lines above....that is adsense????

Either way it is a really annoying glitch.

When this happens I simply can't edit anything in my reply without moving the cursor with the keyboard...the mouse just leaves it 3 or 4 lines above where I want it.

Edited by cumgranosalum

I have been told that TV was once an Aussie owned and operated venture but have sold out to an Armenian firm that is looking for further investment to upgrade the website etc;

I wish them luck.

A clean sweep-up would serve all well.

Best to all in 2016!

Adsense - so when I click to reply and instead of appearing where I want to type the cursor is about 4 lines above....that is adsense????

Either way it is a really annoying glitch.

When this happens I simply can't edit anything in my reply without moving the cursor with the keyboard...the mouse just leaves it 3 or 4 lines above where I want it.

No, yours is an entirely different problem. You click your mouse in the place where you want to start typing. As you type, the text cursor moves along, always to the place after the last letter you typed, but the mouse cursor is somewhere else on the screen. Then suddenly, as if by magic, what you continue to type gets inserted a the place where the mouse cursor is, as if you had clicked the mouse at that place. This is how it happens to me sometimes: the screen thinks that I clicked the mouse when in fact I did not click it. Not just in a reply box on Thaivisa, but also on other websites, in other programs. Bloody annoying, but it has nothing to do with the website or application program that is open on the screen, I think, but has to do with the hardware, ie my monitor and/or my mouse.