British banker's Hong Kong murder trial set for next year

webfact

British banker's Hong Kong murder trial set for next year

HONG KONG (AP) — A British banker will go on trial in Hong Kong next year for the gruesome 2014 murders of two Indonesian women.

At a hearing Wednesday, a High Court judge scheduled Rurik Jutting's case to go to trial Oct. 25, 2016.

Jutting's lawyer Michael Vidler said the trial is expected to last 20 days. A pre-trial review is set for Aug. 24.

Jutting did not appear at the brief hearing.

The 30-year-old Cambridge graduate and former Bank of America Merrill Lynch employee is accused of killing Sumarti Ningsih and Sumarti Ningsih, both in their 20s.

He has been in jail since being arrested after the women's bodies were found in his Hong Kong apartment last November. One of the bodies was found stuffed inside a suitcase left on the balcony.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-10-14

What was the Motive ? We don't care much how long he has been in jail for We want the facts surrounding the murder.

Hey This message is for the Journalist that wrote this story. I have more than 4o years experience as a USA journalist with massive Radio. TV and News print experience.

If you would like some lessons on how to write a story Let me know . BTY this story is not a QUOTE Click on the link and rather than taking you to the story you are taken to the

front page of AP . So sad they do this Very frustrating

What was the Motive ? We don't care much how long he has been in jail for We want the facts surrounding the murder.

Hey This message is for the Journalist that wrote this story. I have more than 4o years experience as a USA journalist with massive Radio. TV and News print experience.

If you would like some lessons on how to write a story Let me know . BTY this story is not a QUOTE Click on the link and rather than taking you to the story you are taken to the

front page of AP . So sad they do this Very frustrating

This article from "The Telegraph" seemed to have much more information. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/hongkong/11930241/Hong-Kong-murder-trial-date-set-for-British-banker.html

Edited by mutha289

Hey This message is for the Journalist that wrote this story.

The guy killed the same woman TWICE in his write-up…what a doofus.

Anyway this fellow rurik had a great job….750K USD pa. But he liked going on coke binges for 2-3 days at a time…..apparently there are clubs that won't shut for these guys.

Got all wired up and killed two hookers….a few days apart.