Thai public debt for August rises 18 billion baht to 5.736 trillion baht

Thai public debt for August rises 18 billion baht to 5.736 trillion baht

84-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK:-- Public debt for the month of August was registered at 5.736 trillion baht representing 42.81 percent of the GDP, said Mr Suvich Rojanavanich, director of Public Debt Management Office.

Compared to the public debt in July, public debt for August increased 18,171 million baht.

Government’s debt increased 19,508 million baht stemming from 33,000 million in loans to recoup budget deficiency and from 6,025 million baht in loans for development projects.

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-10-16

Or said another way (if I understand all the big numbers right)...the Aug debt was 5.736 trillion baht compared the the July debt of 5.554 trillion baht...a 3.28% increase from 39.43% in July to 42.81% in August.

Debts rise by this and that percentage? no worries mate, print more baht, if the US can print

trillion of dollars to cover up fledging economy, why can't the Thai government do the same,

in fact, I have the feeling that they're printing new money all the time as you can see new

banknotes any time and everywhere 12 months of the year, surly the replacement of faulty

banknotes can be that high......

Or said another way (if I understand all the big numbers right)...the Aug debt was 5.736 trillion baht compared the the July debt of 5.554 trillion baht...a 3.28% increase from 39.43% in July to 42.81% in August.

Where do you get the 5.554 trillion number from?

I is more interesting to see the public debt as a percentage of tax revenue and then the debt is suddenly +300%.

Good catch...I was one decimal point off in my earlier calculations when dealing with these big numbers (milllions, billions, trillions).

On recalculation, 5.736T minus 0.018171T (or expressed article in the article as 18,171M) equals 5.717829T or 5.718T rounded to the third decimal point.

So, with this correction the August debt was 5.736 trillion baht per the article compared the the July debt of 5.718 trillion baht which means a 0.32% increase occurred from July....42.39% in July to the article's August percentage of 42.81%.

Millions, billions, trillions...too many decimal points to deal after a few Chang beers. tongue.png

Good catch...I was one decimal point off in my earlier calculations when dealing with these big numbers (milllions, billions, trillions).

On recalculation, 5.736T minus 0.018171T (or expressed article in the article as 18,171M) equals 5.717829T or 5.718T rounded to the third decimal point.

So, with this correction the August debt was 5.736 trillion baht per the article compared the the July debt of 5.718 trillion baht which means a 0.32% increase occurred from July....42.39% in July to the article's August percentage of 42.81%.

Millions, billions, trillions...too many decimal points to deal after a few Chang beers. tongue.png

Numbers gets pretty big when governments are spending other peoples money. Here is a big number for you, the size of the know universe is about 10^27 m.

Of course there are one-hundred thousand quadrillion vigintillion atoms in the universe or 10^82, but who is counting?

Edited by ExpatOilWorker

Numbers gets pretty big when governments are spending other peoples money. Here is a big number for you, the size of the know universe is about 10^27 m.

Of course there are one-hundred thousand quadrillion vigintillion atoms in the universe or 10^82, but who is counting?

Since Thailand is its own separate little universe, Wikipedia says it's 513,120 square kilometers in size. People in the normal universe have yet to understand the Thailand universe according to the current Thai govt.

So what? The Thai's are now just doing what the rest of the word has been doing for decades. Borrow, borrow and borrow again. Our children and their children will foot the bill.

The party is ongoing. Always hoping, that when the party is over and the bill is presented, most of us will hover somewhere in "Shangri-La". Right?

Cheers.

Debts rise by this and that percentage? no worries mate, print more baht, if the US can print

trillion of dollars to cover up fledging economy, why can't the Thai government do the same,

in fact, I have the feeling that they're printing new money all the time as you can see new

banknotes any time and everywhere 12 months of the year, surly the replacement of faulty

The US does not print money. It creates debt. That is the fractional reserve system of the Federal Reserve.

In fact, the lack of printing money is becoming a serious problem that is looming on the horizon...

So what? The Thai's are now just doing what the rest of the word has been doing for decades. Borrow, borrow and borrow again. Our children and their children will foot the bill.

The party is ongoing. Always hoping, that when the party is over and the bill is presented, most of us will hover somewhere in "Shangri-La". Right?

Cheers.

Future generations will never foot the bill. We pay the freight here and now with the interest on the debt. Of course, future generations also pay as they come along. But no one will ever pay off that debt. When the time comes, the people who loaned the money will pay by taking a serious hair cut, just like they did in Greece recently. The debt-based monetary system is nearing it's breaking point. Curious to see how it unfolds...

Thailand could print a lot....only they would need to convince the other countries to trade oil in Thai Baht instead of USD laugh.png