Expat Premium V ILIKEHD

Mooner

I have used expat.tv , 365sports and had a trial on the new Expat premium site. All have been reliable and worth the money IMO.

Just wondering if anyone has used Expat Premium and ILIKEHD and can compare them.

I know ILIKEHD is cheaper but is it reliable to watch football on? Nothing worse than sitting down to watch the game and having buffering issues.

I prefer the expat premium service because it has the catch up feature meaning you can watch the late games IE 5.30 pm kick off in the uk the next day,a service that I likehd never had when I last used it.

This is more so because the clocks go back next Saturday in the UK shifting all the kick off times an hour later in Thailand.

Edited by stoneyboy

Hopefully their product is better than their service. Paid on Paypal about an hour ago then signed in but no money credited. As there is a online option saying agent online i sent them a message.

40 mins later and no reply!facepalm.gif

Since I subscribed to Expat Premium, I have watched all the live matches on there, because of the 4 minute buffer. On ILikehd, I had problems most games despite my 18mb connection. Also the on demand for EP is a bonus for those 'can't be arsed gettin' up at 2am' matches. Fortunately, I got the 3 month promotion too, for 999 Baht. One happy chappy!

Since I subscribed to Expat Premium, I have watched all the live matches on there, because of the 4 minute buffer. On ILikehd, I had problems most games despite my 18mb connection. Also the on demand for EP is a bonus for those 'can't be arsed gettin' up at 2am' matches. Fortunately, I got the 3 month promotion too, for 999 Baht. One happy chappy!

I thought that might be the case on ILIKEHD. I have 35MB so hopefully it will be ok. Mind you.....It might say 35mb but im pretty sure its not constant/stable.

Find out tonight!

Must add a couple of positives for ILikehd. A few hundred more channels, and also have coverage on at least one sports channel of the Saturday, 3pm kick off match, which neither Sky, nor BT cover.

Edited by BenCrew

I thought that might be the case on ILIKEHD. I have 35MB so hopefully it will be ok. Mind you.....It might say 35mb but im pretty sure its not constant/stable.

Find out tonight!

On SkySports they have a 'back up' channel, so if you have problems click on that, you can still watch it, tho not in hd.

Edited by BenCrew

Must add a couple of positives for ILikehd. A few hundred more channels, and also have coverage on at least one sports channel of the Saturday, 3pm kick off match, which neither Sky, nor BT cover.

That's because the SKY and BT feed is from the UK and broadcasting EPL at 3pm in the UK is against the law,such as today you will have access to the Spurs v Liverpool early kick off and the late 5.30pm kick off Watford v Arsenal and Sunday Newcastle V Norwich 4pm.

For 3pm games I use 365sport,it's hard to get the right balance with so many of these services emerging,as I've stated previously my only concern is that in time these Internet tv services may be closed down,I hope I'm wrong.

Edited by stoneyboy

With ILIKEHD, several channels are down at any given time, repair and maintenance is

carried on often and site is unavailable, content and selections are good when they are working,

if you want to view the whole selection it will be well above 600 baht a month,

One issue though, when the view is on full screen, and the feed is lost, the screen turns

black and you have to manually on the device do ctrl-alt-dlt to go back to main menu,

quite annoying....

With ILIKEHD, several channels are down at any given time, repair and maintenance is

carried on often and site is unavailable, content and selections are good when they are working,

if you want to view the whole selection it will be well above 600 baht a month,

One issue though, when the view is on full screen, and the feed is lost, the screen turns

black and you have to manually on the device do ctrl-alt-dlt to go back to main menu,

quite annoying....

It can work out very cheap though, if you just want to watch a live match, subscribe to all the sports channels for 2 hours = 50 Baht ?

I have watchglobal.tv. They have all the sports channels from uk, usa and Canada. Every epl match is live plus all cricket and American sports. Also English lower leagues matches.

They say you need internet of at least 12mbs for their hd channels.

How much ? Different packages ? Sky Sports coverage ?

Does anyone know how to change the language to English on ILIKEHD?

Frist you can email ILIKEHD people and they will help in anyway, one thing they are

good at is customer service,, second, to change language click on the British flag icon

and you have English sound track...

I have the same as you, but do you think that Sky is starting to lose out on bids for the big sports?

and the movie channels are <deleted>, you get the same movies being shown at the same time for weeks....2 weeks after first getting it, it was just the same movies...i will see out the 3 month promotion, and look for something else. Even 365Sport was better, but i ditched that when they wanted more money for the premium channels, and they moved the stuff you want to see to the 7-20 odd channels.

My bro' just got an android box, fully loaded with IlikeHD, and hundreds of movie channels, couple of grand for the box, and 250bht a month...i don't think its on demand, like EP, but he seems to be happy with it, and has shed loads of the latest movies.

I have the same as you, but do you think that Sky is starting to lose out on bids for the big sports?

and the movie channels are <deleted>, you get the same movies being shown at the same time for weeks....2 weeks after first getting it, it was just the same movies...i will see out the 3 month promotion, and look for something else. Even 365Sport was better, but i ditched that when they wanted more money for the premium channels, and they moved the stuff you want to see to the 7-20 odd channels.

I don't watch many movies, so I'm not too bothered about the repeats. I spend more time watching Gold, Sky Arts, and a couple of things on Sky 1 beside the footie. The Sky Sports coverage is second to none. Tried 365 sport once and found it unreliable. I still subscribe to ILikehd because they've now got BT Europa for the ECL games, so I miss nothing.

It can work out very cheap though, if you just want to watch a live match, subscribe to all the sports channels for 2 hours = 50 Baht ?

It's cheaper than that = only 30THB. I just pay 30THB when I cannot find a decent enough free stream on Kodi. Usually don't pay more than 60THB a month.

Edited by Digitalbanana

Plus for iLikeHD to live streams will likely be closer to live times and none of the 5-10 minute buffer delays one gets on the Expat services.

Plus for iLikeHD to live streams will likely be closer to live times and none of the 5-10 minute buffer delays one gets on the Expat services.

I suppose it depends on your connection, but my buffer for a live match on Expat Premium is no more than 3 minutes, that's fine by me.